• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Gauging interest in a Lift Group Buy - BendPak/Danmar

Ed and I bought two lifts from Babco the distributor in Canada.
One MD6XP and One SP-7X.
The owner Bruce was wondering if a group buy would work for us dudes.
State if your interested and the type of lift you would like.
You can look at the Bendpak.com website for the heavier units and you can check out the hobby Danmar unit here:
http://www.gesusa.com/category/worl...ift__7000_lb_cap_portable_parking_storage/431
Post your thoughts and Bruce can go from there.
Bruce can be contacted at 1-800-661-5313
Done
Trev

I'll be buying a hobby 4 post within the next 30 days, I'll consider it if the price is affordable to ship to Ontario.

US guys are selling these for ~$1600 on ebay, shipping is a few hundred bucks.

When it comes to lifts and lasik eye surgery - do you really want to buy the absolute cheapest?

:confused:

I wouldn't put my car or family below anything less then a BendPac IMHO.

It's an expensive piece of automotive art at this point, collecting dust in storage. :(

I read that and was appalled.
Off topic but what the hell, its my thread.
Trev

Yes, it's in storage in Ottawa. No title means it'll only be good for frame parts or potential as a track car.

I haven't decided what to do with it. When the weather gets nicer I'll probably have to think of something.

He's been ignoring me for 2 years, never got an explanation nor received any parts. He never really replied in any way. Why should he care, he has the money and he knows full well I can't go after him legally because I'm on the wrong side of the border.

Buyer beware, as they say. Sometimes you have to learn lessons the hard (and expensive) way.

:mad:

Not sure what the border has to do with it. If you were an American, would you be able to license the car with that title?

Lawsuits fly across the border every day.

p.s. For those Usa friends of ours, Babco can sell to you as well.
Trev

Not sure what the border has to do with it.

You have to be a citizen (or at least legal resident) to file a civil suit in the US.

If you were an American, would you be able to license the car with that title?

No. The state of Florida has marked the VIN with a certificate of destruction. There is no legal way to get a rebuilt or salvage title for the car. It is marked in such a way as to ensure that it never sees the road again.

Lawsuits fly across the border every day.

Unfortunately, Americans can come to Canada to sue Canadians, but the reverse is not true.

Sorry Trev, going off on a bit of a Tangent in your thread... maybe we should make a new post for this...

Sorry to hear you got stung with that car... I bought off Armando back a few years on a coil over suspension & arrived as he described. Not big deal or like I had a choice but he never sent the waranty paper work for the lifetime, or the adjuster wrench.

He said he would send them when I did contact him, but never heard back from him on it he never sent anything... figured I was wasting my time now as he already had $ for it. I managed to get by ok I took an old integra adjuster wrench I had lying around & modified it to work, as for the paper work I'd have to figure something out if I ever needed to make a claim?

I've got a damaged NSX myself sitting in my garage and have been working on finding out what options are avail to myself, have you tried talking to Ravi at Umbrella Auto Design? His contact info UMBRELLAAUTODESIGN.COM [email protected] 206-229-7856. He had mentioned to me at one time that he buys damaged NSX's sometimes for parts etc, maybe he might be able to help you out?

Thanks,
Richie

He's been ignoring me for 2 years, never got an explanation nor received any parts. He never really replied in any way. Why should he care, he has the money and he knows full well I can't go after him legally because I'm on the wrong side of the border.

Buyer beware, as they say. Sometimes you have to learn lessons the hard (and expensive) way.

:mad:

I Just Get No Respect Man
This Is Bu11s**t
I Hate You Guys.
Um, Can I Get The Shifter Knob????
Lol
Trev

LOL... maybe he can get a lift and park that white car on top of the other car?

This Is Bu11s**t
I Hate You Guys.
Lol
Trev

This Is Bu11s**t
I Hate You Guys.
Lol
Trev

You need a shift knob?

It was wire fraud if the title was misrepresented in an email. Wire fraud is a federal offence. The fed may choose to prosecute. Did your lawyer look into that?

You should talk to RSO34 - he's a US Lawyer and HATES snakey people!

He can advise you, perhaps start a suit for you - maybe a deal on contingency is where its at - make a deal with him! (He's coming to Est Fest, maybe a good time to tell the story over a beer or three)

You should talk to RSO34 - he's a US Lawyer and HATES snakey people!He can advise you, perhaps start a suit for you - maybe a deal on contingency is where its at - make a deal with him! (He's coming to Est Fest, maybe a good time to tell the story over a beer or three)

I appreciate the tip, but I wouldn't really want to drag others into this mess. I weight the options and decided a year ago that trying to make a legal battle out of it would only cause me more frustration, and problably lots of time and money wasted.

Karma's a bitch, he'll get what he has coming to him in the end.

As a side note, he got busted by another member with the mileage rollback on the car he's selling now on page 4 in this thread from 6speedonline.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91551

He kept the lower mileage odometer (101K) from the wreak he sold me to put in his other car he is selling for $47,500. Magically taking 37,000 hard miles of his new car in the process! "oversight on my part". Yeah right. Buyers beware, he's misrepresenting yet another car.

Maybe the feds would be interested in his odometer rollback fraud.

Wow, I think I'll rename this post to something else.
Any suggestions.......
Ya, still looking for a nice shift knob, not a well worn one!!! lol
Trev

Back