• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GB: HCA reworked radio bezel!

enkrypt3d - Are you thinking re-wrapping the door insert pieces? Or refinishing the window switch panel? Specify what material you want, color, and pieces and Ill send a quote your way.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

I'd like to have the 2002-2005 color (silver) to replace the center console and the window switch plate covers... aka door inserts...

Also, to minimize downtime, do you have parts on hand? That way I can just send you mine as a core and you can send me the new parts... does that work?

Once I get my car back I'm going to start on refurbishing the interior... Thanks!

Ah yes, got inserts confused with switch panel. Gotcha now.

We do not have any cores on hand. They have been tough in locating them. We can turn your order pretty darn quick if you are worried about total downtime.

You would be looking at $325 for the bezel mod, and $125 for the switch panel refinishing.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Ah yes, got inserts confused with switch panel. Gotcha now.

We do not have any cores on hand. They have been tough in locating them. We can turn your order pretty darn quick if you are worried about total downtime.

You would be looking at $325 for the bezel mod, and $125 for the switch panel refinishing.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

can you do the silverish color thats OEM for the NA2 NSX's?

Well I finally got around to installing my Ztoolman sub and amp as well as my HCA bezel and Autovation shift plate. Huge thanks to all the nsxprime vendors that make this stuff possible. My car is looking/sounding sweet!!

Here's a crappy cell phone pick, I'll take some good ones this week.
interior14.jpg

Well I finally got around to installing my Ztoolman sub and amp as well as my HCA bezel and Autovation shift plate. Huge thanks to all the nsxprime vendors that make this stuff possible. My car is looking/sounding sweet!!

Here's a crappy cell phone pick, I'll take some good ones this week.
interior14.jpg

So, I hope you are thumping down the road now! :biggrin:

So, I hope you are thumping down the road now! :biggrin:

Yeah, I ended up using an alpine 400w amp and wired it in the trunk. The car sounds amazing...seriously. Thanks a ton! I should have done this sooner!

Now on to the next project! lol

All the HCA modified bezels I have seen look good! I am looking to get in on this. I will most likely be sending out my factory bezel out next month or by the end of this month. Single din, color matched to factory. I am just piecing together the other components.

Looks fantastic Dr! But one thing - We should re-flock the coin tray. And color match the window switch panels.

New option: Reflock coin tray - $50.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

How much to do the window switch panels? I'm not even sure how to get those off, I'll have to go check it out.

How much to do the window switch panels? I'm not even sure how to get those off, I'll have to go check it out.
It's a little time consuming. Panels have to come off but thats a great time to grease all the window moving parts. BTW dash looks fantastic. If Tamoskes dash does'nt come in a couple more weeks I'm going this route. :smile:

Progression pics!

The layout requested - Single DIN, gauges and cig lighter. The gauges are recessed and are mounted from behind. The mounting piece is next. The cig lighter recesses to follow the curve of the bezel and fits neatly from behind. The little holes are for the filler to grab ahold of, making it much stronger and stiffer. Thats all for now.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Wow! my consul looks great! Can't wait to see it installed in my car..

Great work Guys

More pics!

The bezel is not fully painted yet. A little ring in the bezel holds the gauges. They are front loaded and recessed 1/4". The gauges use their mounting bracket to secure to the bezel. The vents were cleaned and reassembled into the window switch panels and upper vent panel. The last pic shows the color under the sun.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Rich, is that the standard color? It looks fantastic. If I dont send my door inserts with the bezel, will the colors be way off? I've given up on Tamoskes console. It's a $412.00 lesson learned.

Standard.. somewhat. Its SEM Silver. Technically, the factory NSX color is a medium Grey. In this case, the customer wanted a specific Silver. If you want the factory Grey, we can do that as well.

Yes the colors will be off, but how much is depending on your eye and condition of the panels (it will come to a close match). The purpose of the door inserts isnt just the color, but the finish. Just like the bezel, the door inserts also flake and ripple.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

For double din cutouts, is it best to send in the headunit? How can i get the best fit, without sending the actual unit?

No need to send in your radio. Most major brand double dins are built to the same size specifications. We have a tester unit here that tests all single or double din openings during fabrication. It will fit perfectly.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

... and on that note, some quick pics of my HCA double-DIN bezel with Pioneer AVIC-D3. Very happy customer :cool:
Picture008.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Back