• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Get some air.....

Some fresh air that is. Check out the Version 1.0 CAI for the Acura NSX. More induction for your dollar. Garrentied to outflow the top intakes of todays market for the nsx. This intake is still in development and there will be a 2.0 out sometime this summer.
Get the the V1.0 right now and get those few extra ponies and better fuel economy for the new summer season. Not only will this perform better. The sounds is awesome. I can now hear my intake over my extremely loud exhaust.

The intake will come with all hardware. couplers, claps, gromets and intake. With and excellent fitment. Couplers can be Red, Blue, or Black. Possibly yellow upon request. The one you will recieve with come with the latest in filter technology the AEM dry flow filter.

img5028mw8.jpg

img5030cu6.jpg

img5037pn6.jpg

img5033wu5.jpg

This version one intake will go for $275.00 Shipped to your door. For the first 10 to purchase. With all hardware and intructions for an easy installation.

First 10 Buyers

Last edited:
Looks great nice simple solution and it is a true Cold Air Intake :wink:

Hey thanks. Its a simple solution to something I can't believe anyone has done in the many years of the nsx aftermarket community. Glad to be here for you guys to bring you some new stuff. Im working on many other things. New strut bars, Interior pieces and chassis reinforcement to name a few. I already do custom exhaust and fiberglass subwoofer boxes.

Is the pipe a single piece, or two pieces? I would be worried about chassis flex if it is a single piece, perhaps it could cause the hose clamps to loosen over time.

I know the oem snorkle ends in the rubber gasket, and the airbox fits in the other side, so there is no 'solid' piece along the gap. Also, having such a long pipe could be something of a restriction, I wonder if any midrange gains could be had by 'flaring' the pipe out before the TB, or perhaps by insulating the metal tube to avoid heat soak.

Do you have any dynometer comparisons between this system and the OEM airbox/unifilter combination?

Is the pipe a single piece, or two pieces? I would be worried about chassis flex if it is a single piece, perhaps it could cause the hose clamps to loosen over time.

I know the oem snorkle ends in the rubber gasket, and the airbox fits in the other side, so there is no 'solid' piece along the gap. Also, having such a long pipe could be something of a restriction, I wonder if any midrange gains could be had by 'flaring' the pipe out before the TB, or perhaps by insulating the metal tube to avoid heat soak.

Do you have any dynometer comparisons between this system and the OEM air box/uni-filter combination?

I will have a dyno comparison shortly if all goes well. My transmission is on the ground right now so its hard to say. I truly believe that this will show great gains throughout the powerband. Even midrange. I'm developing other styles as we speak but this is a good alternative for those who want a great looking and sounding intake with a performance gain. That doesn't retain the hideous stock airbox like the downforce and Cantrell ones.

This intake has only one bend and no restrictions and areas for turbulence that the stock air box has. I cant wait to get it on the dyno.

img5035hx6.jpg

Last edited:
This intake has only one bed and no all the restrictions and areas for turbulance that the stock airbox has. I cant wait to get it on the dyno.

img5035hx6.jpg

I agree, it will be interesting to see how it performs, perhaps do back to back runs against the stock airbox.

What will not be possible to monitor, but is perhaps the most important feature of this intake system, is the heat-soak reduction benefit by having the intake element physically outside of the engine bay. This benefit could also be increased by insulating the metal tube itself, a process which is used on the ttmodshack airbox for Audi tt's, here:
http://www.modshack.info/ttda.htm

what is the long pipe made of?

T6061 Aluminum, 1.5mm Thick. Most of my Tubing is unless your talking cages or harness bars then I use 3140 chrome-moly

Last edited:
Scorp. The dyno will be a back to back comparison of a downforce with uni foam filter and stock box and my V1.0 afterwards.

I like this one. I think it will work well and show noticeable gain on dyno vs stock. Good job. Very similar to the AEM V2 intake system for S2000 (which is suppose to be the best and only intake to shown gain on S2K).

My S2K and E92 335i both came with oem air box. I did a shit load of readings on many intake and filter set ups. Almost all filters shown little to zero gain with restrictive stock air box. With exception of filters similar to the one on this thread.

S2000-AEM V2 Our forum member zanardi50/Bill swear by it. (Marginal peak gain, but shown gain through out the entire power curve, +8RWHP at one point).

335i Logic High HVI Intake (12~15rwhp/20rwtq), the air box intake opening on the 335i is a complete joke. Cold air is better than hot air, but even with hot air, almost all the dynos shown significant gain with open filter. Cold air+least amount of restriction is best of both world.

A straw is a straw, even if the engine can only suck in so much air. Imagine drinking 64 oz big gulp with a skinny straw vs fat straw. I have tried 4 different set ups on NSX. One of the set up ($275) sucks so bad I don't even have the heart put it up for sale.

230849214_628dad54c4_m.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Definitely insulate the metal tubing and you'll be able to keep more consistant HP on hot days and hard drives. I would be slightly concerned about hydrolock...

Looks good. Definitely insulate the metal tubing and you'll be able to keep more consistant HP on hot days and hard drives. I would be slightly concerned about hydrolock...

I drove around in a extremely lowered eclipse with the intake 3" from the ground for two years as a daily driver in Maine where we get tons of rain. No hydrolock problems ever. It takes a lot to hydrolock a motor and I'm very confident my system is hydrolock safe. Maybe ill run some test and get some video for proof when it gets back on the street.

I ran a ram air in the engine bay with an open filer right off the throttle body. I showed a higher WHP gain on the dyno than I did with the stock box and snorkle and a uni foam filter. So im very confident my setup will work great. I will also run temperature tests as soon as I can. Ill run the car hard all out for a few minutes get the engine bay real hot and measure the intake pipe temp outside the car and then inside the engine bay. I believe you will be pretty surprised how cold it stays.

If your really concerned about getting the coldest air I could build an ice box for it with drains to the ground but its going to be a bit more than the original 275. Not to mention a slight pain filling it every day or so that you want to drive it.

If your really concerned about getting the coldest air I could build an ice box for it with drains to the ground but its going to be a bit more than the original 275. Not to mention a slight pain filling it every day or so that you want to drive it.

i don't think an icebox is necessary. if it's really an issue, just wrap with thermal wrap. granted it looks tacky, but this is one of a kind. i'd love to see dyno sheets if you have any. very interested. great job on the CAI.

i don't think an icebox is necessary. if it's really an issue, just wrap with thermal wrap. granted it looks tacky, but this is one of a kind. i'd love to see dyno sheets if you have any. very interested. great job on the CAI.

I don't either but if someone is really looking for the most N/A hp for track days or spirited weekend drives then it would be a great choice. Although not needed. This intake is the V1.0 I can make the intake look or shaped any way you guys want. This is just where the price starts.

I can make a plexi fish tank that sits around your tubing if you want :tongue:

This intake is the V1.0 I can make the intake look or shaped any way you guys want. This is just where the price starts.

how much for powder coating? any word on the dyno comparison?

Why not just buy the DownForce AIS, Cantrell AIS or Dali Raing..work the same way, keep ur OEM box and ur engine bay look better.

PS.See, not to put u and any ventor down..but this kinda MODS is BS and should be BAND...retard looking..for the love of god!STOP IT..

Why not just buy the DownForce AIS, Cantrell AIS or Dali Raing..work the same way, keep ur OEM box and ur engine bay look better.

PS.See, not to put u and any ventor down..but this kinda MODS is BS and should be BAND...retard looking..for the love of god!STOP IT..

This is not the same thing as an AIS, which as we have discussed in the past is a modification that provides dubious at best benefit. With this system, the intake element is completely sealed off from the engine bay, which is unique.

What would be interesting, to me, would be to run this system, perhaps covered in thermal wrap, on a car running an AEM EMS, in order to datalog IAT's compared to perhaps the stock airbox, or another intake solution. I am using a different intake layout on my turbo car, so I would not be able to provide this service, but if someone is running a high-boost CTSC with AEM, this would provide solid data on thermal benefit from this configuration.

With the element this high in the air, hydrolock is not an issue, unless you're driving through several feet of water in your nsx. If its a huge concern for you, you can add an AEM intake 'bypass valve' along the tube, which opens up if the filter element is submerged, eg:

aem_bypass_valve.jpg

But again, it would take considerable water to make this an issue, given the filter location, compared to the OEM snorkle, you would need the same level of water to hydrolock a stock nsx, perhaps more so, as the filter can collect air from its highest point, while the OEM snorkle opening is smaller in volume.

Well you are putting me down and every other vendor for that matter. Its people like you that scare guys aware from making things for the NSX community. Go troll somewhere else.

Can you please give me a ethical reason why this mod is "retard" looking? And if my intake shows gains over the downforce and cantrell systems why not buy mine especially if its cheaper and looks better. Not everyone wants the ugly stock air box in there car.

BTW Thanks for clearing that up scorp

This is not the same thing as an AIS, which as we have discussed in the past is a modification that provides dubious at best benefit. With this system, the intake element is completely sealed off from the engine bay, which is unique.

What would be interesting, to me, would be to run this system, perhaps covered in thermal wrap, on a car running an AEM EMS, in order to datalog IAT's compared to perhaps the stock airbox, or another intake solution. I am using a different intake layout on my turbo car, so I would not be able to provide this service, but if someone is running a high-boost CTSC with AEM, this would provide solid data on thermal benefit from this configuration.

With the element this high in the air, hydrolock is not an issue, unless you're driving through several feet of water in your nsx. If its a huge concern for you, you can add an AEM intake 'bypass valve' along the tube, which opens up if the filter element is submerged, eg:

aem_bypass_valve.jpg

But again, it would take considerable water to make this an issue, given the filter location, compared to the OEM snorkle, you would need the same level of water to hydrolock a stock nsx, perhaps more so, as the filter can collect air from its highest point, while the OEM snorkle opening is smaller in volume.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
OK...u know more abot his than I am...Thanks for the info..still look kinda ugly tho..but than again is not on my car..power to u all...
:)

Looks good. What about having the tube ceramic thermal barrier coated for those worried about heat? A number of companies offer interesting colors for the coatings...

The only other thing I'd like to see would be a support strut affixed from the tube in the fenderwell to one of the stock snorkel mounting holes for a little extra support.

A local mechanic in my area has custom made something very similar to this for a few NSXs. I don't remember what he quoted me as a price. I think it was around $400. If you can get a dyno that shows improvements and a way to insulate the tube without it looking displeasing, then you will have quite a few customers. Myself included.

My question is, how will you duplicated the flow of wind around the car at speed on a dyno? I don't think a fan will be enough; and it's not like you have access to a wind tunnel/dyno (man wouldn't that be cool though).

The only other thing I'd like to see would be a support strut affixed from the tube in the fenderwell to one of the stock snorkel mounting holes for a little extra support.

Already done. Sorry those aren't fully up to date pics.

Back