• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Going from a ferrari 360 back to an nsx?

A new crate motor was about $12k this month, available for around $10k with discount. Engine rebuilds can vary greatly in price though depending on what you want done.

$12K on a black NSX?

Is the pricing different for different colored NSXs? :D

No. But I have had (3) NSXs, and still have one (Grand Prix White). So I did not want to confuse anyone as to which car had its motor taken apart in the event that I sell my white one. The Internet is a place where information can be used incorrectly at times.

Used engines go for 6-7k; Unless it's built for different purpose (lower compression etc) then why pay twice as much and have higher risk of the failure anyway.

Re: 360 - the way I see it unless you're willing to do most (there are some crazy expensive tools from Ferrari to fix electronics) of the maintenance yourself and you like the car then why not. I would chase 430 instead.

I had a 360 6spd, daily driven. It was excellent 5 years ago, drove it for 2 years and sold it for around same price I paid, styling not holding up well and definitely not as timeless as NSX and performance is not enough. NSX has far superior aftermarket support to make it plenty fast enough and more iconic. If I am given the choice, I would rather have 02+ NSX over a 360. Besides the special models and manual F430s, most of the newer Ferrari are too mass produced, too easy to find one to buy. A 458 for example, any used exotic dealership will have it. You just drive there and pick one up, no need to search hard to find one.

Of all the cars I had own, only 3 cars is good enough for me to buy or want to buy another, NSX is one of the 3.

I've driven 360's a few times. I still like the looks better than just about any recent Ferrari other than the 328. But I'd be scared to drive it like I drive the NSX. 123k miles and still feels tighter than my other cars that are much younger.

I hang out with friends with Ferrari's, I had one years ago and I get more comments and questions on my 95 NSX than they do when we're out and about.

I used to LUST over Ferraris until I bought my 95 NSX 3 years ago last week.... now it's "something that might be fun".... but maintenance would make me lose sleep.. really

There's simply no excuse to build/buy/own a car that costs like that to maintain... it's just a sign of poor engineering IMHO. My NSX is as reliable as my mini van... yet attracts attention like I just flew in from outer space!!

I used to LUST over Ferraris until I bought my 95 NSX 3 years ago last week.... now it's "something that might be fun".... but maintenance would make me lose sleep.. really

There's simply no excuse to build/buy/own a car that costs like that to maintain... it's just a sign of poor engineering IMHO. My NSX is as reliable as my mini van... yet attracts attention like I just flew in from outer space!!

Heard about this site while watching Meecum auctions today, for "lower cost" ferrari maintenance information.
http://ferraridiy.com

Only browsed around a bit, seems to be mostly a bunch of pointers to articles on other sites, but I can like and respect organized reference lists like that.

I guess all the money you save with all the good DIY advice can be spent on the site's store page with $110 Ferrari hoodies, naturally. Yellow drawstrings, $50 extra. Ok I made up that last part about the drawstrings, i'm sure you can DIY ones yourself for much less.

Last edited:
I had a 360 6spd, daily driven. It was excellent 5 years ago, drove it for 2 years and sold it for around same price I paid, styling not holding up well and definitely not as timeless as NSX and performance is not enough. NSX has far superior aftermarket support to make it plenty fast enough and more iconic. If I am given the choice, I would rather have 02+ NSX over a 360. Besides the special models and manual F430s, most of the newer Ferrari are too mass produced, too easy to find one to buy. A 458 for example, any used exotic dealership will have it. You just drive there and pick one up, no need to search hard to find one.

Of all the cars I had own, only 3 cars is good enough for me to buy or want to buy another, NSX is one of the 3.

I agree with all that you said, but what are the other two cars that are good enough to buy or want to buy another...?

Sidenote: We all know the NSX values has gone up but if you want to see values go up, check out the 360 Challenge Straddle pricing. I remember shopping for a few examples years ago and it was in the 140-180 range and now they are hitting $300k!!!

The supply is dropping fast and values climbing like crazy. I would love to have a CS next to the NSX in the garage stable but at these new prices that won't be happening :(

Sidenote: We all know the NSX values has gone up but if you want to see values go up, check out the 360 Challenge Straddle pricing. I remember shopping for a few examples years ago and it was in the 140-180 range and now they are hitting $300k!!!

The supply is dropping fast and values climbing like crazy. I would love to have a CS next to the NSX in the garage stable but at these new prices that won't be happening :(

360 Challenge StradAle =p

Back