• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Greetings from the Galapagos Islands

Took a little road trip again but without the NSX. Rather than bore everyone with more zoo photos, I decided to go right to the source for some real wildlife shots. Ecuadorian broadband is not what we are used to in the states so here are just a few shots until I get back to civilization.

Here is the link to a gallery that will be expanded over the next several days. http://photography.robertondrovic.com/gallery/1013845/1/46992289

46994071-L.jpg

46997423-L.jpg

46954827-L.jpg

46993322-L.jpg

46938554-L.jpg

46938564-L.jpg

46995135-L.jpg

46995150-L.jpg

46995159-L.jpg

46995174-L.jpg

46992287-L.jpg

46992288-L.jpg

46996259-L.jpg

46996487-L.jpg

46996488-L.jpg

46996489-L.jpg

46996846-L.jpg

47061496-L.jpg

47061481-L.jpg

47061488-L.jpg

Last edited:
Say hello to Darwin!Bob I wish I could be there with you diving and observing some amazing wildlife!

:eek: :eek:
EXCELLENT PICS !!!!!

Exactly why I am looking for realesate in Ecuador.
Those are nice pics, The crab is so Vivid.
Thanks
Len

Didn't you feel the need to clean the poop off of the turtle? :biggrin:

Awesome pics, the colors on some of those animals is incredible. I want to go there someday.

Being a Cancerian (born on 23rd June) I say I love this photo the most.:biggrin:
46954827-L.jpg

But the other photos are great too. BTW Bob what camera did you used?

Re: Heavenly Site

Jin1976 said:
:
But the other photos are great too. BTW Bob what camera did you used?
I was wondering the same thing. Absolutely amazing photos!! Wow!!
46954827-L.jpg
Aww, the lil' crabbie looks like he's praying ... awesome*:wink:

Creationism!?!

Three things come to mind...

i.) Fabulous photography as well as subjects/scenery, Bob! Must be an awesome experience... :cool:

ii.) Any(more) images (high res. or not) of Galapagos sharks?!? :tongue:

iii.) Where's the Beagle!?! :biggrin:

comquat1 said:
Didn't you feel the need to clean the poop off of the turtle? :biggrin:

Nice to know someone else thinks like I do.:biggrin: I thought that, that would have been the evironmentalist thing to do.:biggrin:

Great pics, like the others asked, what camera?

Thanks for all the kind words. My land camera is a Canon 20D with most shots taken with a 28-300 Canon L Series and some with a 16-35 Canon L Series. The underwater shots were taken with a SeaLife Reefmaster DC500 digital camera/housing/strobe kit.

I would have preferred washing the tortoise before taking the shot but the rule of the Galapagos is to "take photographs, leave footprints" and otherwise not interfere with the natural surroundings. Most islands are totally uninhabited by humans and there is a strict policy of not "interfering" with the wildlife and vegetation.

I have over 5500 photos and will post a gallery link when I have "trimmed the herd" to a manageable number, including more sharks as requested. Unfortunately I was unable to photograph the sharks and penguins underwater because of their speed.

Wow. Great photo's. I need to go out and purchase some "L" lenses.

Are you using polarizing filters?

What an incredible roadtrip! Has this always been something you've wanted to do? I know visiting the Galapagos is considerably more "off the radar" for most travelers.

Looking forward to the gallery link. You are to be commended on your beautiful photography. Thanks for the thread!

nice to see your choice of destinations is evolving....:tongue:
from buffalo ny to the galapagos in record time!!:rolleyes:

the worst prime pun, ever...

Absolutely wonderfull pics.
Love the crab one, great colors.

Galapagos is one of the places i would like to go for diving, and seeing the wildlife.

oh, btw, the seal in the wave is a great shot as well

Back