• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Greetings NW Nsx'er

New owner of an 03 Silverstone. Any of you guys no of a good place for alarms and install. I don't feel very safe leaving the NSX anywhere to long fearing the worst that could happen to the car. I'll probably get the quick release steering wheel to deter some would be thieves.

Any alarm and shop recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thy

go to www.lojack.com and they will install at your house or work. it is a GPS locator that will inform you if your car is moved and the police can locate it via gps. Car Toys installs a nice clifford alarm that several of us here in the greater seattle area have installed.

New owner of an 03 Silverstone. Any of you guys no of a good place for alarms and install. I don't feel very safe leaving the NSX anywhere to long fearing the worst that could happen to the car. I'll probably get the quick release steering wheel to deter some would be thieves.

Any alarm and shop recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thy

Lojack is definitly a great way to go, Jfowler is right.

For an alarm system on it I have worked with Kevin at Benchmark Motoring in Bellevue, WA 425-614-4100. They do installs on highend vehicles daily and probably have quite a few options for you to choose from.

2nd idea - NSX-R wheel with a thin hub and quick release!

Where are you located?

thanks guys, I'll look into lojack and see what the Bellevue store has to offer. Est1984, I was thinking about the NRG quick release system and I would like to retain cruise control. I'm located near the southcenter mall not to far from. Seattle.

I have compustar 2 way remote alarm with auto start since I got the car, (2nd mod after the HID), Polar and Freelance201 used to have them on the car too.

It's installed by my buddy, and we could arrange him to your house doing an install.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll have him give you a quote.

Ferrand.

Personally, I don't recommend lojack for our cars, as most people steal them for joyride. By the time they catch those scumbags, your car's damage had been done... If they ever over rev or trashed your clutch, you won't be able to recope money from lojack or insurance (as you have no way to prove. unlike bodydamages). Having a good alarm works better, I have Quick release steering wheel and while it's very convienient when you working on your car. You will learn to not using it, and eventually forget that you have it. (it's pretty docky carrying the wheel down to the mall, or carrying it in the restaurant.)

Last edited:
FYI my shop is an authorised lojack dealer and installer. However we can not do it off site... but I can provide a free loaner car while we install it. Also if you purchase lojack with early warning you will be notified immediatlely if the car is moved without the key fob. All police departments and state patrols are now working with lojack and once notified they can easily track your car down within minutes...not hours or days. I have it installed on my cars and I recommend it to everyone. Alarms are a great deterant but professional theives can find a way around it.

FYI my shop is an authorised lojack dealer and installer. However we can not do it off site... but I can provide a free loaner car while we install it. Also if you purchase lojack with early warning you will be notified immediatlely if the car is moved without the key fob. All police departments and state patrols are now working with lojack and once notified they can easily track your car down within minutes...not hours or days. I have it installed on my cars and I recommend it to everyone. Alarms are a great deterant but professional theives can find a way around it.

Charles, we can argue lojack vs. alarm all day long...:biggrin: (well, if we have whole day off, we should go racing/tracking ) I agreed lojack being a better option to recover the car, but it doesn't do anything to "deter" stupid kids. (maybe they will see the lojack sticker, maybe not.) The best way is to have both. Really, in NW, I doubt there's any Professional theives eyeing on nsx. Most of the car theift incidents are by stupid kids who wants something that they can't afford, and like what I mentioned above, by the time they got caught, the damaged had been done...

This is a bad analogy: but will you hire a body guard to protect your attractive eyecandy girlfriend, or give her a satelite cell phone to call the police if she ever get raped?? ..... flame suit on.

Back