• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTA: snap ring faliure?

Anyone around Toronto ever dealt with a snap ring failure? Where did you take your car? I'm assuming Oakville Acura is the best/only place?

Just over 1000 miles of owning this car and mine snapped. The tranny pops out of first, when I let off the gas in 2nd, the shifter jolts forwards and makes a whining noise. Awesome. Favorite day ever... hah.

Last edited:
I'd bring it to Rob at Oakville.

If you're a Club of Canada member, you'll get a nice discount on the fix.

If you're not, now would be a good time to become one.

Sorry to hear about the Snap ring failure.

Don't drive the car and take it to Acura of Oakville, Rob will take care of you.
Call Steve and ask him to get you a loaner, this is a Club benefit as well.
Keep in mind that some parts may have to come from Japan

Lmk if you have any problems

Bram

My tranny was in the snap-ring range, and I prefered to repair it before it breaks. It was serviced by Rob at Acura Oakville.

Service was A1. His work is unmatched. Tons of good feedback from NSXCC members to support him too.

My tranny was in the snap-ring range, and I prefered to repair it before it breaks. It was serviced by Rob at Acura Oakville.

Service was A1. His work is unmatched. Tons of good feedback from NSXCC members to support him too.

How can you tell an Nsx is in Snap Ring Range? Vin #? Tranny #?

Some things you may want to consider having done while everything is pulled out. There may be more but this is what comes to me off the top of my head. 1. Clutch 2. Timing belt. 3. Now's the time to change the gear ratios and differential if you ever plan on doing it.

Anyone around Toronto ever dealt with a snap ring failure? Where did you take your car? I'm assuming Oakville Acura is the best/only place?

Just over 1000 miles of owning this car and mine snapped. The tranny pops out of first, when I let off the gas in 2nd, the shifter jolts forwards and makes a whining noise. Awesome. Favorite day ever... hah.

Time for a 6spd upgrade?

Back