• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

header group buy...anyone? vendors?

Just thought I'd post this to see if there are any interest. If you're interested post a reply :)

Is there any vendor that wants to offer a group buy for header?

I'm thinking Taitec for my '92.

I have a 04, and was told after market headers does not give much power boost. I am interest in it if the header can improve on power over the stock unit.

PS. I already got a RM exhaust

I think that you can get 10% off Taitec at Speed Within Reach now. After reading about them, I think that I would prefer Comptech. I have a 1994.

Remember that Goodson Acura had the comptech on sale for $1280. I have never EVER seen them close to that again. I wish I had bought them :(

In order to provide the most equitable GB possible, it would help to know more about what everyone wants and firm up a brand. We can offer a GB on Taitec, DC Sports, CT, some even rarer ones, or basically whatever you guys want. Taitec and CT of course are more accessible, with a wider range of applications and a good price point.

Consolidate the thread, we'll gauge interest, then arrive at a logical conclusion as to what would be ideal for the majority that step up and are ready to go and we'll do whatever we can to lock in the best pricing.

Last edited:
I'd be up for header group buy!

miggady said:
hi,

i would like to buy taitec headers with the inconel muffler.

If your in a hurry we have both items in stock, ready to go. You can also bolt the GT102 on and test it out, then later decide if you need more, and install the headers as well. Give us a shout at: [email protected]

Last edited:
awsomr1 said:
I have a 04, and was told after market headers does not give much power boost. I am interest in it if the header can improve on power over the stock unit.

PS. I already got a RM exhaust
This may have already been noted, but your '04 comes stock with good headers, that '92, like my '95 has a crappy little cast aluminum exhaust manifold. Headers make a big difference. I think they changed the headers in '97, but I'm not sure. My Taitec is on the way from Japan right now!

So this is what we have so far...

1. Veleno - Taitec ('92)
2. Olde Gye - Comptech ('94)
3. Jeff A - Interested (what year NSX and what brand header do you want?)
4. Uspeed757 - Interested (same as above statement)
5. kkt - Comptech (what year NSX?)
6. NSXBOX - Interested ('92, what brand header did you want?)
7. Mick - Interested (what year NSX and what brand header do you want?)
8. Miggady - Taitec (what year NSX?)

For those who didn't specify what brand header you wanted please do so. The DC header goes for just under 1k but let's see what kind of price the vendor(s) can give us on the others (Comptech/Taitec). Hopefully it's one we all can benefit from :)

Thanks to the vendor(s) for their help and support.

For those still interested, please post

91, either doesn't matter... just want it to fit :p

My car is a '92. I prefer the highest quality headers we can get. So Comptech is preferable to Taitec as far as I'm concerned. (not looking to start a flaming thread here :p )

i have a 94. i plan to get a taitec exhaust. which header will get the best hp gain, taitec or comptech? is it worth the investment if i plan to supercharge in the future?

Miggady - is it worth the investment if i plan to supercharge in the future?

Absolutely. Internal combustion engines a BIG air pumping machines. So if you supercharge and introduce more air into the combustion chambers then it is important to have an efficient way for the air (exhaust) to exit the engine.

I agree with Jeff A about the higher quality of CT and would prefer it. I could also do the Taitec at the right price.

I prefer the TAITEC header design. However, the harnesses included are very poor. In the past, we've included OEM factory style harnesses with Nomex heat shielding with special buys. If you can hold on to your money, we should have something very appealing soon.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
I prefer the TAITEC header design. However, the harnesses included are very poor. In the past, we've included OEM factory style harnesses with Nomex heat shielding with special buys. If you can hold on to your money, we should have something very appealing soon.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Hi Chris,

Do you know which after market header can increase performance for a 04?

Or should I be looking in a different direction to increase power?

Back