• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

header group buy...anyone? vendors?

The NOPI offer is $300.00 cheaper than Science of Speed's "reduced" price for the comptech headers. Is there any reason we shouldn't jump on this? The other options here seem to be running around in circles.

We'll never see that $1,200 price again.............

because the price of raw materials (stainless steel in this case) has gone up dramatically in the past two years. Thus the wholesale price is higher in 2004.

Clint at NOPI has discovered the NSXPrime website and is impressed with the membership interest in parts that NOPI sells. So you can expect him to post special offers himself in the future. The more vendors, the better.

Last edited:
Jeff A said:
The NOPI offer is $300.00 cheaper than Science of Speed's "reduced" price for the comptech headers. Is there any reason we shouldn't jump on this? The other options here seem to be running around in circles.

I would. I bought them from Nopi about 3 weeks ago at a higher price than that. Comptech drop shipped them, I installed them and I am a happy camper. They are the exact same CT headers you get everywhere else. I am very pleased with the quality, the harness and the ease of install (notice I said ease, not time).

Please note, I am not slamming any of the other vendors that service the NSX community. I am sure CT is a lot like other companies in that they offer a better price to volume buyers. When nopi.com buys 15zillion integra headers from CT, the price of the NSX ones gets dropped along with them.

I love our specialty vendors, and have had excellent dealings with most of them in the past. I will continue to use them whenever pricing is even close as I want to support them. In this case, I just couldn't justify the price difference.

OK, I just ordered the CT headers for $1400 from Clint at NOPI. He said they will arrive in 7-10 days. So I'm out for any further purchases in this group buy.

As far as I'm concerned, this group buy worked. I don't think we'll get a better deal for quality headers than that in any reasonable time.

Now to get the Paddock Performance Exhaust thing happening... I'm going for the LOUDEST one!

Nopi Offer Must End Friday (9/17) At 6 Pm

Clint just called me and said this offer must end Friday at 6 PM.
The price is too low.
Call Clint at NOPI if you have questions.

I am about to jump on this (like I need to spend some more $$$ :eek: )
What gasket(s) do I need and are they supplied with the headers?
I have a 91 with comptech exhaust.

You only need new header gaskets. CT recommends you re-use the rest. I did and it worked fine for me. $30 for a pair from Dali.

You may also want to change your oil pan gasket while you have everything apart. Mine was not leaking at all, but I did anyways. If it starts leaking, you'll have to take off the front header later to fix it. Trust me, you don't want to do that. Be sure to follow the tightening procedure & torque specs in the manual if you do this yourself.

Just purchased the headers. $1400 shipped. NOPI does not have any in stock, so they are saying expect a 10-14 day delivery period. Great deal.

Fastrunner said:
Yippeee!!! Clint is out of the office today.....so, i placed an order with Bryan 1-800-277-6674 Ext. 258. :D :D :D

$1400 (shipped) offer ending today.

As soon as Bryan returns my call I AM IN!! :D :D :D

Fastrunner said:
They are very busy at the track preparing for tomorrow's events. I think you should just talk to any sales rep. there, and mention about Clint or Bryan' deal, they should give you the same deal ($1400)

Cheers...

I got in touch with Bryan and I am in!!!! :D
10-14 days.

Is the deal still going with Nopi still going on ??

NOPI header group buy...

NSXBOX - I would call Clint at NOPI. I believe that he WILL work with you on the best deal anywhere on Comptech products for the NSX - not just headers.

FWIW, I bought from Nopi before the GB. I was and still am very pleased with the product, the service and the (regular, not GB) price.

olde guy- thanx for the heads up.

My CT headers ordered thru NOPI arrived yesterday. They look great, real high quality stainless, with the extra pipes for my '92 model and the proper cables to extend the O2 sensor wires.

I won't be installing them till December, when the Paddock Performance exhaust arrives. Can't wait!

Jeff

Mine arrived today in Charlotte, dropped shipped from Comptech.

I installed my CT headers this weekend. That was no small job. But they are excellent quality. It fixed all the leaking and noise problems in my old cheapo headers. And it feels zippier to me.

Did have one fitment problem. The AC compressor had a screw mounting "knob" that interfered with the header. I had to grind that knob off the compressor to get the compressor to be able to remount after the front header was on.

And man, getting that front motor mount bolt off and then back on was a serious b*tch!!!! Once that front beam is back in place, you can't get to that sucker. I have new respect for car mechanics.

Jeff

Back