• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello all, I did it!!

After joining PRIME back in 2008 (and lurking here for a LONG time before that) I am now the proud owner of model year 2004 Berlina Black / Black NSX #26!! I'd like to say a special thanks to Matt_337 here on PRIME for taking some time out of his day last Friday to drive out and take a look at the car. What a cool community here. I took delivery Friday and had the most terrifying driving experience of my life getting the car home from Houston to Louisiana!! Parts of the interstate were shut down due to flooding!! Unreal!
Anyway--details of the car:
26500 miles
18/19 Volk Titanium Gunmetal with new Bridgestones
(I also have all 4 factory wheels--not a single scratch--with really good Goodyears!!)
H & R springs (amazing ride-- can't imagine how nice the ride is on factory springs!) I did get the factory springs, too.
Cantrell Exhaust (WOW!- great sound--not overly harsh-- again, I'm not sure how the factory exhaust sounds, but this thing sounds amazing)
(I have the factory exhaust)
I also got a brand new lower lip (still in the plastic bag) and it has the GROM IPOD adaptor.
The car, being black, needed a good washing and waxing by the time I got through that MONSOON but man, does that black paint look NICE! Overall I'd say the paint is an 8 out of 10.
The interior? As Matt put it-- someone really THIN must've driven this car as there really is zero wear on the driver's bolster! I literally can not find a single blemish in the interior. It doesn't look like anyone has ever ridden in the passenger seat. In fact, the only thing I can find wrong is that the rear view mirror has 'spots' on it and it appears to have 'grayed out' if that makes any sense. I tried adjusting it for day/night but didn't seem to help.
Well, I've been grinning like an idiot since Friday. My wife convinced me to get it because she's tired of hearing me talk about it for the last 15 or so years. She actually did the detail job on it. Yeah, I'm lucky!!
I'll take more pictures later as these are crummy iphone pics. Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to say thanks to all the cool members of this site-- I feel like I already know a lot of you-- as this has been a fantastic source of information for me on this car. I look forward to ownership and hopefully I can be of help to new and current owners in the future.

Sincerely,
Gene

Attachments

• driveway.jpg
    driveway.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 275
  • garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 285
Congrats and welcome aboard.

My wife convinced me to get it because she's tired of hearing me talk about it for the last 15 or so years. She actually did the detail job on it. Yeah, I'm lucky!!
:
Welcom here and congratulations, you have much chance with your wife :smile:, I wish you much happiness with your beautiful NSX

Hey Gene
I remember the day I got my NSX, almost 3 years ago, like it was yesterday. This car is pretty special, yours, especially because the low production numbers. You will be the envy of your neighbors, and your car will draw a lot, and I mean A LOT of attention. Throw in the awesome NSX PRIME community and I'd like to officially welcome you with three words...YOU DA MAN!
Stu

welcome, have fun, and make sure to join our national club nsxca.There are always local /regional events happening as I'm sure you are aware.

I'd say the long wait (15 yrs!) paid off - you got a good one! You'll have to tell us about your experience getting yours home!

I drove thru Loisianna on my way home from Houston when buying mine - the longest day ever - drove all the way to Nashville in one day - whew - bad roads in Mississippi.

Glad you got yours home safe and sound - now the fun begins! Enjoy - glad to have you as a member!

Wow, thats a beautiful car!
Welcome and Congrats.

Congrats Gene.

The interior of that car had me drooling. It looked like a 1k mile interior.
Want to trade ;) ?

Watch out with those bubble lights they chip real easy and looks bad after awhile,

So try not to Ever follow to close to other cars, they spring up rocks and shit and chips will start piling up on the front bumper and those Bubble lights

Nice I wish I had a 04.

I hate the throttle by wire though.

WOW, what a find! Big congrats to you:smile: Make sure you drive this great car, don't save it for the next owner:biggrin:

Watch out with those bubble lights they chip real easy and looks bad after awhile,

So try not to Ever follow to close to other cars, they spring up rocks and shit and chips will start piling up on the front bumper and those Bubble lights

Nice I wish I had a 04.

Ever have anything nice to say??? :confused:

Congrats on the car Gene, I hope you have a nice time with your new wheels!

Congratulations on your NSX and becoming a part of the NSX owners community! Your enthusiams for the car is contagious. :biggrin:

Congrats! That looks like the one I was eyeballing on auto-trader a few weeks ago. Wonder if its the same? ;) Either way, nice ride!

Yup, looks like Lloyd's old car. I installed that exhaust. And I can attest, that was a great looking car. Congrats! :smile:

Congrats and welcome aboard.

Yup, looks like Lloyd's old car. I installed that exhaust. And I can attest, that was a great looking car. Congrats! :smile:

Hello Zishan! So, you installed the exhaust? Man, I LOVE the sound. I have no idea if there is a performance gain but it sounds great! Do you have any recommendations on what to use to clean the exhaust tips?

Thanks!!

Yup! And the previous owner seemed to take good care of her. As far as cleaning, I would use Mothers billet polish. That stuff is awesome.

Be careful with the lips on the wheels though. I'm not certain, but some wheels have a clear film on them and so polishing ruins the finish. Not certain your wheels are like that.

And lastly, visit the detail section here, and remember to use the search function. A very valuable tool.

Regards,

Nice I wish I had a 04.

I never heard or experience with the problems above.
Do you have an 02+ NSX ?
Congrats Hadly, very beautiful machine.

Last edited:
Back