• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello New too NSX boards, I am considering a Boost Setup Which is Best and why?

Basically id like to find a place like Comptech or somone who can replace all of my internals and rebuild the motor for high compression.

Then im interested in boost. Ive seen alot of the kits out there and have read the forums. But which is REALLY the best? I am willing to spend alot of money but i really want it too be right. I dont want to deal with the AEM/EMS bullcrap, i had a civic with it and it got annoying tuning it for degree in weather changes. If its possible to run the Twin-turbo setup other than AEM EMS i would like to do that. If anyone has any information i would greatly appriciate it.

Mighteatyou said:
Basically id like to find a place like Comptech or somone who can replace all of my internals and rebuild the motor for high compression.

Then im interested in boost. Ive seen alot of the kits out there and have read the forums. But which is REALLY the best? I am willing to spend alot of money but i really want it too be right. I dont want to deal with the AEM/EMS bullcrap, i had a civic with it and it got annoying tuning it for degree in weather changes. If its possible to run the Twin-turbo setup other than AEM EMS i would like to do that. If anyone has any information i would greatly appriciate it.

Uh oh :eek:

worms.jpeg

Lots of questions today :biggrin:

Mighteatyou said:
For forced induction the NSX motor like all others needs the compression reduced not increased.

Comptech SC is the best bolt on and go solution no engine mods required and it works good.

Or you can try http://www.mechanicsdirect.com/nsx.htm

If you are willing to spend a lot of money (as you say you are), go see Factor X.

Okay thank you.

Do you know if Comptech would allow me to send my motor out to them and get the entire engine prepared for high boost?

Mighteatyou said:
Okay thank you.

Do you know if Comptech would allow me to send my motor out to them and get the entire engine prepared for high boost?

If you want a lot of HP, comptech is not the place to go. You are going to get at best no more than 400 rwhp, and probably much less.

The Factor X turbo, or Gerry Johnsons turbo will give you much more HP and both can rebuild your engine for low compression to handle high boost.

Ponyboy said:
[pirate voice]ARRRRRRR!!!![/pirate voice]

Ditto :smile:

I will say that there is a consulting form based here in my town that specializes in making sure an NSX consumer gets all the right info. It's called len3.8kgpsjs enterprises. They're expensive though. I heard they need to replensih funds from boosted activities. :biggrin:

Mighteatyou said:
If its possible to run the Twin-turbo setup other than AEM EMS i would like to do that.
Sure there is. Cartech twin turbo system using the Rebic IV fuel management. You must have missed that thread. Go back to the main FI forum index and scroll exactly one thread down. :tongue: Failure to do so will not result in pleasant happenings or anyone singing kumbaya with you. :smile: Oh, no soup is a given when the Nazi shows up.

Briank said:
Going to a after market EMS will be required for high boost.
I think he just meant that AEM was not his preferred solution

Also, check out Gerry Johnson's Performance Autoworx
http://www.pansx.com/ -

His system affectionately known among some of the 'Prime members as GJTC (play on JGTC) - Gerry Johnson Turbo Charger :)

Gerry favours the Electromotive TEC3 incidentally - I believe that FactorX's current flavour of choice is AEM, but they have also used MOTEC.

NetViper said:
If you want a lot of HP, comptech is not the place to go. You are going to get at best no more than 400 rwhp, and probably much less.
Their off-the-shelf performance parts are proven to be one of the most reliable unit around. The HP number is about right.

The Factor X turbo, or Gerry Johnsons turbo will give you much more HP and both can rebuild your engine for low compression to handle high boost.

That is not necessarily true. If money is no object, Comptech can built the car to your liking. Hell, they can even built a JGTC spec NSX!

Andrie Hartanto said:
Their off-the-shelf performance parts are proven to be one of the most reliable unit around. The HP number is about right.

That is not necessarily true. If money is no object, Comptech can built the car to your liking. Hell, they can even built a JGTC spec NSX!

Ok. I wasn't aware they did all that too. By all means, give comptech a call. They have been supporting the NSX aftermarket scene for a very long time.

Mighteatyou said:
im interested in boost. Ive seen alot of the kits out there and have read the forums. But which is REALLY the best?
I don't think you've really read the forums. If you had, you would already know that each approach and system has its benefits and disadvantages - cost, reliability, power, plug and play vs need for customization, number of current installations, supportability, etc. All of which are well covered in the FAQ and in the forums that you claim you have searched. And all of which mean, bottom line, that there is no single "best" solution.

Try reading (re-reading?) the FAQ and the forums - do a search if there is something specific - and then come back if you have some specific questions that have not already been answered. This way we can best provide the information you need without re-visiting information that has already been posted too many times as it is.

Otherwise, there will be... [creepy voice]NO SOUP FOR YOU!!![/creepy voice]

If you had read the entire post you would have seen that i was asking the question "Which is best" In my situation, and i went on to explain. I want to run boost and high boost, without using the AEM EMS as a preference. I did about 50 or so hours of reading before i decided too make a post tyvm. Plz nazi shoot me maybe next time?

on a good note thank you troll and viper your information was usefull and allowed me to look up a few more options too my problem.

i believe that the ssbox has been used as high as 14 psi? andy is running 12+? Paynensx 13+, zr0260b4u is at 14 psi. I'm running an earth shattering 7 psi. Isn't there a motec or something else around?

the EMS used by ZRO260B4U is the Electramotive TEC-III. He is a local comrade of mine. My BBSC (N1000) is configured for 8lb peak, EMS SSBB gen 2, with lots of careful tuning, which is required for any FI kit with EMS (CTSC does not have any EMS, just RRFPR) . Hope you get all the acronyms... :wink:

"the EMS used by ZRO260B4U is the Electramotive TEC-III. He is a local comrade of mine. My BBSC (N1000) is configured for 8lb peak, EMS SSBB gen 2, with lots of careful tuning, which is required for any FI kit with EMS (CTSC does not have any EMS, just RRFPR) . Hope you get all the acronyms..."

Gawd Almighty!
If had had not been familliar with your referances I would have to ask "What language are you speaking"!? :rolleyes:
I only hope that everyone else that wants to know can also understand this alpha condensed reply.

Last edited:
Back