• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help!! Fuel-Oil gauges not working post Indiglo

I don't know what I did wrong. I kept track of where the fuel level was on car prior to installing Indiglos. After reinstallation of insturment cluster the needle keeps falling down almost 1/4 tank that what it was before I did install. I tried moving it back manually but it still falls. Oil pressure gauge doesn't work at all. The temp gauge is fine.
Any help or suggestions would be nice.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

92, lots a people having problems post indiglows.mine is minor.my rpm gauge is rubbing and sticking.which is an easy fix.take the cluster back out.re align all the gauges.make sure they are flat and tack them in place if they want to bulge in CENTER.they will with temp changes in the cockpit.and from road rattle.as far as your gas gauge.mine kept its memory when i reinstalled.check all your pod connections again and make sure all the wires coming off the green connectors are working.use a meter if need be.under the dash you see components wrapped in antistatic tape check those out.reinstall and check.also check your grounds.oh yeah as for the oil gauge.make sure the layover gauge is not wedged under your needle.there is no leway and if it is even touching it could cause it not to move at all.to test you should be able to blow on the needle and it should move,if it doesnt it is rubbing
david.
ps check out juices post on crazy electrical problems.may give some insight.I took my sweet time and still have a rubbing gauge.easy fix.but every time you goe back in there your risk damage to a component

[This message has been edited by BadCarma (edited 19 September 2002).]

Thank's for the info. Those darn Indiglos...ARGH !!! I like them but don't like that hassle of installing them. I was able to cure the bulging center problem. Just a big headache having to pull the whole thing back out. Might have to do it though.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

92, It does sound like your needles are hanging on the indiglo gauges. You might look at using a little double side scotch tape near the center of the gauge to keep the centers down. When I first put mine in with out the tape none of my gauges would work. Once I stuck down the centers I have no problems any more.

I am getting ready to do the conversion to my needles to have them light up in blue too. Will post pics when I finish that project in the next 2 weeks.

Jim

Remember when installing them to not pull up on the needles at all. Doing so will easily damage the gauge, and it will need to be replaced.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

92NSX, It almost sounds like you are taking the needles off???

Just to be sure that you know (so dont yell at me cause im just checking
smile.gif
) you do not have to remove anything. The new indiglos slip right under the needles. Do not remove the needles.

[This message has been edited by TheSwishh (edited 29 September 2002).]

I didn't remove the needles. But when I tried to bend the connector ends over the center raised up (of course) so I took matters into my own hands and cured that problem.
All the other gauges are working fine. I just HATE having to pull the cluster back out and remedy that problem.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Finally got around to pulling the gauge cluster back out and I think I figured out what happened. I only used 2 screws to reattach the oil gauge instead of 3. Must have lost it during the install.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Gas gauge now works. Helps if you put fuel in car
smile.gif

Oil pressure gauge will work since I forgot to put all '3' screws back in it instead of just 2.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back