• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HELP PLEASEEEE ! I broke my rocker cover studs...

guys

i was replacing the rear rocker cover gasket in the weekend and managed to damaged 2x of the studs in the rear bank :(

it's one of the studs in between the coils - SNAPPED in half and the rear corner stud (timing belt side) - just keep spinning - won't tightened up

i think they are : 90014PR7A01 and 90015PR7A00

#14 and #15 in the picture
E__1001.jpg

honda nz doesn't have any in-stock - it will be 2-3 weeks ex-Japan :(

is there anyone here have spare that you want to sell OR can point me to any dealerships that have them in-stock and willing to do INTERNATIONAL shipping ?

im in auckland, new zealand 0630

REALLY REALLY appreciate any helps

thanks guys

I have them you only need 2 correct but..... if I ship them from tampa FL its gonna be atleast 1.5 weeks to get it you you.

also... you can try a local junkyard and see if you can get them off a number of different Honda vehicles.

I have them you only need 2 correct but..... if I ship them from tampa FL its gonna be atleast 1.5 weeks to get it you you.

also... you can try a local junkyard and see if you can get them off a number of different Honda vehicles.

hi shawn. appreciate the reply. would you know what other hondas using the same studs ?

btw, how much you want for those studs ? i possibly need 2x of the corner ones and just 1x of the middle one

let me know please

thanks again :)

You might try acuraautomotiveparts.com. But they might or might not have them in stock so I'd call. It's a dealership parts dept, one of several, that discount their parts for internet pricing. Acura Carland in Duluth, GA. 770-232-7956.

When you say the corner one keeps spinning, do you mean the nut keeps spinning or the stud keeps spinning in the head??

The issue for the corner, based on your description is not the stud, it is that the head threaded hole is striped. You need to investigate this first, since the stud is steel and the head is aluminum, you probably do not really need a stud, you need a helicoil in the head mounting hole.

Regards,
LarryB

Part 14 is same as part 20 on this GSR/Type R.
96dc37ab80026423145b1af9c0fde54f.jpg

Back