• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help

Guys please tell me anything you know about dent repair. I just got my X back recently from having rims and tires, new stereo, and a lot of engine work done. I was done with everything I wanted to do with it. It was clean and ready to go, so today I went over to see my mom and dad and on the way home I saw what looked like a two by four falling off of a truck headed in the opposite direction......... There was no where I could go and of course the piece of wood hit my car. If I could have turned around I would have but there was no good place and by the time I could get around he would have been gone.. When I got home I got out and inspected the car for scratches and dents and saw non what a relief... A few hours later I went out into the garage to reinspect and when I turned on the garage light I wanted to cry. Back by the gas filler there is a dent that the light showed in all of its glory.. Can anyone tell me if those dent wizard places work or where I can go to get it fixed and what you think it might cost. The dent is about three inches long and it is kind of creased but not too bad.. It did not mess the paint up at all but who cares when you are looking at a dent in your baby.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I searched the forum and found a few threads that pretty much answered my question except cost. If anyone has a ball park figure I would appreciate it since I haven't a clue.. Thanks

Anytime does paintles dent removal for a living. Search by his user name and you should find some useful information.

Paintless dent repair is definitely the way to go. Find the best PDR guy in your area, and get his advice. If he can fix it himself, then it's usually very inexpensive, on the order of $75-200. If he can't, then you're looking at more money for a body shop to repaint and possibly fill and/or repair; if so, after you get an estimate, you might want to consider filing a claim with your insurance policy.

Back