• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Heres what I drive now - Should I go NSX?

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Will i be happy with a 1997 NSX-T?

Some Pics...

703046_60_full.jpg

703046_59_full.jpg

703046_28_full.jpg

703046_51_full.jpg

what is going to be the main use of this car

daily driver/BLING, or daily driver/RACE

between 1) Performance 2) Creature Features 3) Cost of maintainence

rank what order your preference is or add some, this might help narrow our advice down =)

Nothing more rediculous than TV's in rear head rests of 2 seaters, Tailgate often?:confused:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, based on what you chose to show us of your current ride, that you probably shouldn't get an NSX.

I second bodypainter

He could be happy with an NSX if his automotive goals have changed. But pearl, if you're looking for something to bling out, please don't do it with an NSX.

J

02#154 said:
He could be happy with an NSX if his automotive goals have changed. But pearl, if you're looking for something to bling out, please don't do it with an NSX.

J

Cuz God knows, nobody blings out their NSX on this site. :rolleyes:

I went from a G35 6MT to a 95 NSX-T and never looked back. The G was a great car, but it is definitely not in the same class. I don't think you'll have any regrets, but you will be driving around sans warranty, so that might impact your decision.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Nothing more rediculous than TV's in rear head rests of 2 seaters, Tailgate often?:confused:

That has to be the most truest statement ever posted on this website. I rather blow the money on something else thats important to the car.

B T D T

Pearl - I have had two NSXs, the second of which was tracked frequently and had two different supercharger kits. Both of them, as well as my current car were-are daily drivers.

If you track your car, the NSX rules over the G35.

If you just drive on the street, the G35 rules over the NSX.

I see that you have the factory Brembo brakes, which I wonder if you use them to the fullest potential? In other words, you have some body mods and aftermarket wheels and entertainment system.....do you track your G35?

Will you track an NSX or just "trick it out" for show? If the latter, stay with the G35, for it is a better ride. Been there done that.

My current vehicle is a 2005 Athens Blue coupe.

PS - please PM me with your wheel / tire specifics.

Re: B T D T

I second that one's perspective on cars could be changed with a car.

I don't know how many of you become more inclined to maintaining your car, detailing, or driving your car just after you acquired the nsx. For me, I'm into a lot more on tracking the car after I get the nsx. Which if I bought a different car in my price range, my perspective could get a little different.

And for street driving, I don't think the G35 is better than the nsx, bling factor, even without the rims, nsx should attract more girls than G35 when they are side by side... but then you quickly realized you can't pick up 3 girls as you could in your G35 ;)

Go to the local used car dealership or soliciting local nsx owners and get the feel for it.

In my book, it's a waste if one not appreciating a sport car and track driving owns a nsx. But then this is obviously not true as I'm sure more than half of nsx owners never drive theirs to a track... let alone go on the track.....

NSXDreamer2 said:
And for street driving, I don't think the G35 is better than the nsx

You obviously have not driven nor owned the two cars, to make such a comment.

I am not talking about picking up chicks, I am talking about the CAR and nothing else.

Very nice G35!

You can certainly bling out an NSX (many here have).

If you want a car to show off, the NSX wins hands down, IMO, in the "hot" department - it will also be a reliable daily driver if that's your goal.

If you want a car that will thrill you on the streets and the track, the NSX wins hands down.

If you want a car with modern comforts and a seamless commute, stick with the G35.

Your best bet would be to get both. :biggrin:

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
That has to be the most truest statement ever posted on this website. I rather blow the money on something else .

Hookers! Lots and lots of hookers:biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

Too funny! I, however, have even less shame. Are you honestly trying to pimp your phone and watch on this website??? There's only like 3 girls on Prime. Anyone here think Mermaid's digits are gonna end up on that phone?

HAHAHAHAHA!

You guys are hilarious! I cant say that im surprrised at your comments. Coming from a G forum to an NSX forum is a big step. I imagine most of you fellas are a tad older than i and therefore have a few differences in your lives that effect your car-buying and driving habbits.

1. Im looking to replace the G with something more "WOW" - hence the NSX...

2. Yes, its a daily driver - yes i commute about 45 minutes to work - and yes, i understand that i will loose many creature comforts by moving to an NSX.

3. I dont think i've "blinged" out my car - but can see how this crowd might think i have. hahaha Too funny! My mods are for ME. Nobody else. I added the wheels to give myself a wider tire for better handleing - they just happen to look swweet also :biggrin: Ive recently added the drilled Brembo rotors and Hawk pads to complete the already nice factory brakes - and yes, while i do not track the car, i enjoy driving it agressively on the streets and therefore DO use the brakes to somewhat of their capacity. Lowered for handle - intake + full exhaust for nicer sound and increased throttle response.

Ok, the body kit is for pure show - but man, i really love how the car looks now. I think it looks waay more agressive than a stock G - very pleased with the overall look and style.

And finally, the TVs in the headrest! they seemed to be a crowd favorite!!! HAHA. I added these for no purpose other than "LOOK AT ME" factor! And man do they work! I always wanted a car with TVs in the headrests, and when i finally graduated and got a job that allowed me to get this - i did. In hindsight, i wouldnt have gotten them and spent the 1000 on something else - but hindsight is always 20/20.

Well, now that ive 'defended' myself, id like to explain what im looking for...

Im looking to progress. I used to own a 2000 Honda Prelude and LOVED that car. But wanted more. So i got the G35 and man do i LOVE IT! Its a great car, and does many many things well, but like in other areas of my life, i am never satisfied and want to keep moving upward.

So i arrive at the NSX. My dream car. To me, it seems like the next step up (or maybe i skipped a few steps) in the world of Japanese sports cars. I just love the car, the lines, and the potential to create a complete "head-turner" with this car. I will not "bling it out" - but i will add nice VOLK, WORK, iForged, or DPE wheels and Tein suspension. I will also add some other goodies along the way - but no chrome spinners, or under-body lights, or anything of the sort.

Well, i hope you all have a better understanding for what my goal is. Will i buy and NSX? Not sure. Will i research the sheeet out of it before i make a move? Absolutely! So thats why im here - just doing my homework.

Thanks,

Pearlcoupeg35

PS: The watch and the phone are by no means my attempt to epimp on this site. The phone is simply used to show the size of the lip on the wheel - and my new watch just happens to be in the picture :smile: (yes, im proud of my accomplishments - sorry)

pearlcoupeg35 said:
HAHAHAHAHA!

You guys are hilarious! I imagine most of you fellas are a tad older than i - very pleased with the overall look and style.

Well, now that ive 'defended' myself, id like to explain what im looking for... and man do i LOVE IT! like in other areas of my life, i am never satisfied and want to keep moving upward.

So i arrive at the world of Japanese "head-turner" goodies...chrome spinners, under-body lights, or anything of the sort.

Well, i hope you all have a better understanding for what my goal is. Will i make a move? Absolutely!

Thanks,

Pearl

PS: The watch and the phone are simply used to show the size - and my new watch just happens to be yes, sorry

I stand corrected

Back