• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Heres what I drive now - Should I go NSX?

pearlcoupeg35 said:
I def understand what your saying...and while im not asian, i do fall into the 20-30 crowd that "had" to have a G35. The car is def not as common in my area (philly suburbs) as im sure it is in others (socal, fla, etc) but im starting to grow tired of the car in general.

If i do decide to get an NSX (after a ride, some more reseach, and looking at my bank account :smile: ) be sure that i will tastefully modify it to enhance its strengths and not 'bling' it out...

Although im new to the NSX World, im no stranger to modifying cars (im on my 4th heavily modded car) so i understand the importance of keeping true to a cars roots and high-lighting its best qualitys.

If i had the car RIGHT NOW, my mods list would include...

- Tein Flex w/edfc
- Comptech strut bars (all) and chasis braces (all)
- Ugraded Rotors, pads, steel lines (perhaps calipers too)
- 18s up front - 19s out back...most likely Volk Racing, Work, Iforged, or something similar to these brands...light + forged
- Intake, headers, exhaust (not sure on brands as of yet)
- 2002 Headlight conv. + front end conversion (with HID's of course)
- Perhaps a nice Kenwood, Pioneer, or JVC in-dash DVD/CD/Navigation unit.

Id be all set with that setup over the course of a year or so...

To me - that would be the ultimate car - not 'blingy' or 'ricey'

Man, this thread is really starting to grow! I appreciate all the comments and advice...sure beats the info i got on the EVO forums :biggrin:

sounds similiar to my own car...

DONE currently Tein Ra's- Tein Flex w/edfc
NOPE- Comptech strut bars (all) and chasis braces (all)
DONE, no calipers though- Ugraded Rotors, pads, steel lines (perhaps
calipers too)
DONE-18s all around though- 18s up front - 19s out back...most likely Volk
Racing, Work, Iforged, or something similar to these brands...light + forged
DONE,NOPE, DONE- Intake, headers, exhaust (not sure on brands as of yet)
DONE(YEP HIDS)- 2002 Headlight conv. + front end conversion (with HID's
of course)
NOPE, had an eclipse but sold it in favor of a newer Orange Illumnation ALPINE to match the stock color- Perhaps a nice Kenwood, Pioneer,
JVC in-dash DVD/CD/Navigation unit.

convince me to trade since we're only about 3 hours away....:cool:

nsxot1c said:
sounds similiar to my own car...

DONE currently Tein Ra's- Tein Flex w/edfc
NOPE- Comptech strut bars (all) and chasis braces (all)
DONE, no calipers though- Ugraded Rotors, pads, steel lines (perhaps
calipers too)
DONE-18s all around though- 18s up front - 19s out back...most likely Volk
Racing, Work, Iforged, or something similar to these brands...light + forged
DONE,NOPE, DONE- Intake, headers, exhaust (not sure on brands as of yet)
DONE(YEP HIDS)- 2002 Headlight conv. + front end conversion (with HID's
of course)
NOPE, had an eclipse but sold it in favor of a newer Orange Illumnation ALPINE to match the stock color- Perhaps a nice Kenwood, Pioneer,
JVC in-dash DVD/CD/Navigation unit.

convince me to trade since we're only about 3 hours away....:cool:

Ill trade...for a few days - then see if i want it or not!!! hahahahah

I love your car! Is it for sale???

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Hookers! Lots and lots of hookers:biggrin:

Yeah well, sure that works out. But more my age, why not a week of food non-stop at..HOOTERS! Hell, a week stay at hooters!:biggrin:

pearlcoupeg35 said:
Ill trade...for a few days - then see if i want it or not!!! hahahahah

I love your car! Is it for sale???

haha anythings possible.. dunno about a few day trade though lol... is it for sale... umm not necessarily.. could it be.. sure

Reading this thread is like being with a chick who is talking about changing the color of her hair, fishing for compliments on how it is currently.

Or something like that.

Mike Hughes said:
Reading this thread is like being with a chick who is talking about changing the color of her hair, fishing for compliments on how it is currently.

Or something like that.

And you just added nothing to it! Congrats!!!

This thread is about me getting a feel for the NSX, its owners, the cars, the parts, the mods, and most of - hearing informative information, stories, and advice from people who have already done what i want to do - Buy an NSX.

Thanks.

pearlcoupeg35 said:

This thread is about me getting a feel for the NSX, its owners, the cars, the parts, the mods, and most of - hearing informative information, stories, and advice from people who have already done what i want to do - Buy an NSX.

Thanks.

agreed... no need for unkind words... :smile:

Modernceo said:
Oh, and btw, everything looks good on your car, EXCEPT for that front grill. Man thats nasty ! Id prefer sticking with the stock front grill, everything else seems ok.

Kinda reminds me of that talking zit on Family Guy.

NSXrebel said:
Kinda reminds me of that talking zit on Family Guy.

HAHAHAHA - hilarious!

I got mixed reviews when i added the Data Systems grill - some loved it (the JDM fans) and others hated it because they thought it looked like a Civic or Integra grill.......overall, i like it because i like not having any badges on the car....but if there were other styles available that i liked, i would change it...

pearlcoupeg35 said:
HAHAHAHA - hilarious!

I got mixed reviews when i added the Data Systems grill - some loved it (the JDM fans) and others hated it because they thought it looked like a Civic or Integra grill.......overall, i like it because i like not having any badges on the car....but if there were other styles available that i liked, i would change it...

no, you won't change it, cuz you are going to spend the money else where... like brake pads, wheel and tires for your nsx...:wink: And I'm sure once you look more about the goodies that SOS, Downforce, Procar offers, you will regret the money spent on the G35... :wink:

Oh BTW, yellow rose's comment kind of offend me a little, no biggie, but I'm extremely biased towards the nsx, I still haven't found any car suit me more...

Regarding the people around here. Here's my point of view in my local area: (Seattle, WA.)

There's a group of nice owners here, but they are in more mature age than the normal sports car club. ie. S2k and G/Z car... They tend to be very nice to each other yet getting to meet or having a drive is more like an optional luxury for them. They tends to have more important stuff going on. Work/Business trips, Vacation, Family time, home improvment projects...etc.

Even though there's a lot of people pointing out the changes of register members and some post. I still haven't found a better site with a very diverse background yet people are always trying to respect each other and even reaching out to help.

It's a little Cliche', but I do learn a lot from others up here on Prime.... nsx related or what not. We have well mannered people in Blue collar, white collar, Professionals, Amature/ Pro. Racers, engine builders; in a quite big age range. While if I had spent the same amount of time in other sites, I will probably ended up only learning flaming people and getting more educated in today's slant and foul words.

Well then of course, you don't have to own a nsx to become one of us here.

but then it will hurt your creditability as Yellow Rose demonstrated:
You obviously have not driven nor owned the two cars, to make such a comment.
I am not talking about picking up chicks, I am talking about the CAR and nothing else.

He not only dead wrong about me not driven both cars, he also misunderstood my true meaning when I was trying to make the fun talk about picking up chicks. Even in Early 20's, you could still run into the problem of not having back seat. I'm not only talking about chicks... What about a road trip with two other freinds? one would force to drive by him/herself? or leave your beloved car behind and borrow your dad's sedan?:wink:

Look In The Mirror

pearlcoupeg35 said:

Thanks.

You ask for our advice and we give it.

We ask you for info (I asked you to PM me the specs on your G35 wheels and tires - see post # 12 in this thread - and I don't get jack from you) so what do you expect?

A Matter Of Opinion

NSXDreamer2 said:
Oh BTW, yellow rose's comment kind of offend me a little, no biggie, but I'm extremely biased towards the nsx, I still haven't found any car suit me more...

I have owned two NSXs every single day - as they were my daily drivers - since November 1997. I sold NSX # 2 in March of this year.

In April of this year, I picked up a G35.

Seven-and-a-half years of street driving an NSX vs only six months of realizing the G35 is a better street ride, says something, no? :confused:

Yeah I have yet to see a reply from Yellow Rose that's friendly and of course he's right and everyone else is wrong ( No he's not afraid to tell you either ).

I feel for anyone who asks about buying an NSX on this website unless he's a die hard Nsx fan already.

PearlcoupeG35 has been a good sport ,because quite a few of you guy's dissed him hard!

I'll tell you honestly PCG35 an NSX can attract more attention than you may feel comfortable with. Normally a logical step out of the G35 is an M3 ,but if you think a two seater will work for you it's a wonderful car. It took awhile for me to really dig mine ( I was spoiled by the light weight of my then S2000 ) of course once I got the hang of it....man it's love all the way to 8K.

Also stretch and get the newest one you can afford. That way you won't think sooo much about mod's ( which the car doesn't need a lot of or any for that matter ) vs just enjoying the ride.

Keep them both. I have a 525+hp M3 as my "project" car, and my NSX as the daily driver. Besides not having heated seats on my 97, I can't complain about not having anything else in it BESIDES a In Dash CD. I also have 125k miles on my 97. While the M3 has had 3k miles on it since I bought it 3 years ago...

;)

Re: A Matter Of Opinion

Yellow Rose said:
I have owned two NSXs every single day - as they were my daily drivers - since November 1997. I sold NSX # 2 in March of this year.

In April of this year, I picked up a G35.

Seven-and-a-half years of street driving an NSX vs only six months of realizing the G35 is a better street ride, says something, no? :confused:

by me thinking G35 not as sweet as nsx doesn't make any impact to you thinking G35 better ride than nsx, does it??

I think after 7 1/2 yrs of street driving an nsx, you are getting older thus the plusher ride of the G35 and even better low end torque satisfy you more :tongue: I street drive my nsx too, but as soon as I modified it for track, I hate everyone when I sit in stop n go traffic. In bad weather days or if I know I'm going to stuck in traffic, I'll drive my wife's car or my beater accord. Automatic. Of course, in that case, your G35 will be much more pleasant than either of my other car.

I guessed the real question for this fellow is that he's wonder how merry the nsx ownership for him. and I'm afraid that NOONE, I don't care who that is, could decide for him, unless he tried.

Another metaphor, he's getting tired of his wife now (G35) even he still love her the certain way on certain matters. Now he could go marry with his girl friend that he always had an eye on (nsx), and now he's going around and ask the girl's ex boy friends if they are happy with her... Everyone's mileage will be different, right?

nsx stired my soul a lot more than a G35 could imagine, so if I couldn't have them both, I'm willing to sacrificed the creature comfort for the nsx. It's hardly a compromise to me at all...... Again, you will have different point of view. But please don't take my opinion offensively...

Well, i guess i got a bit more than i bargained for by opening up this thread - but all in all, ive learned what i wanted....and actually knew all along, but I will have to make the choice myself - not someone else.

Thanks for all the help and the encouraging words. WingZ, thanks for pointing out the fact that a few members here were a bit less polite than others - but i take the good with the bad.

Im not looking for you all to instantly become my best friends and tell me how "sick" my G is or how i will love the NSX! I was simply "thinking out loud" to an audience to whom i thought would be of some assistance.

Yellow Rose - the specs are as follows - sorry for the delay - i was more worried about buying an NSX than answering all my fans (kidding)

Racing Hart R5 Pro
Front: 19 x 9.5 - Toyo T1R: 245/35/ZR19
Rear: 19 x 10.5 - Toyo T1R: 275/35/ZR19

Thanks For all the help Fellas. Perhaps sometime soon ill be posting pictures of my NSX on here - maybe that thread will be a little better than this one.

Pearlcoupeg35 (with heated seats and a back seat) :biggrin:

My little bro, well, not so little anymore, is on his second G35 cp. He traded his 2002 G35 (white auto) for a 2005 black 6 speed. When he got his first one, I got my 95 NSX, and I got my 03 NSX about the same time as his 05 G35. We exchange car for a day couple of months ago and all I can say is, he wasn’t happy with his new acquisition... My 03 NSX is much faster, more comfortable and got him more attention. All he can say afterwards was, of course it's nicer, it's 35 grand more...

My big bro on the other hand, has a V8 M5, and he loves my car. He love the gearbox, the handling, and believe it or not, speed. He's always a German car person. For being an high level Engineer in the Silicon Valley, he has driven all kinds of exotics; he regards the NSX as one of the best "two seater” out there. He couldn't say the same about the G35. The only thing he said to me was, “he got what he paid for.”

The point I'm trying to get across is, the presses love the G35, but there is nothing like test-drive the car your self. I drove the G35 for a day and I can’t stand the gear box, and the engine just don’t rev regardless how hard I push it. The NSX is a much better built/design car than G35 will ever be, not that I’m bashing the Nissan/Renault, but for the price point, you can't compare them – Doesn’t matter how much mod you put into them.

I have both an '03 G35c (bought new) as well as an '00 NSX-T (owned for just under 2 years). As others have mentioned they are completely different cars in feel, handling, and looks.

The G35c is an excellent daily car. I like the VQ engine, the space, and the amenities. The acceleration is strong with all the right engine sounds and the handling feel is precise. Despite some of the others impressions I have found that the back seat is not as bad as they make it seem. I can sit back there comfortably at 5 ft 11. The main drawbacks are that the interior plastic and fit and finish are not up to par and the built-in GPS is the WORST! Also while the G35c was quite a novelty back in '03 now I seem to see one on every block where I live.

The NSX is a true exotic and yet it is easy enough to drive that many choose to make it a daily driver. It has more useable room than you would expect but is still not ideal for daily use IMO. The mid engine layout and handling balance are a BIG difference from the G35. Interior fit and finish are absolutely top-notch as are the materials used throughout. However I find that the brakes are not as sensitive as those on the G35 (I think the Infiniti brakes may be a tad over-sensitive). Overall cost of ownership is going to be higher on the NSX (tires, insurance, maintenance) and that is something you will need to consider.

Also while I still think that the styling of the G35c is excellent, when sitting side by side with the NSX there is no contest - the G35c is a behemoth in comparison to the low-slung NSX. Finally, in terms of exclusivity, with only a couple of hundred NSXs sold per year recently, you'll be hard pressed to see another one on the road at the same time.

So in the end I will jump in with those that recommend keeping the G35 AND buying an NSX. That way you'll have the best of both worlds!

I don't think you'll be happy with the nsx after owning a G35 like yours. Your G35 is very nice. pm me if you have any question's. I just sold a 98 and went back to an evo.

MostWanted said:
I don't think you'll be happy with the nsx after owning a G35 like yours. Your G35 is very nice. pm me if you have any question's. I just sold a 98 and went back to an evo.

Thanks for calling my boss and getting me fired :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Thanks for calling my boss and getting me fired :biggrin:
geez mike, and you just bought a house!!!! smooth move ex-lax...:mad:

jalnjr said:
geez mike, and you just bought a house!!!! smooth move ex-lax...:mad:

crazy. right? Out of no-where:confused:

do you plan on driving the nsx year round?? Or should I ask do you drive the G35 year round??

nsxot1c said:
do you plan on driving the nsx year round?? Or should I ask do you drive the G35 year round??

Brace yourselves!

I still live at home - so i have access to a Denali and Escalade for bad weather days. But to answer your question - Yes - i drive the G35 everyday and would drive the NSX everyday as well.

FYI: My hunt for an NSX has 'cooled off' in the past few days as i was reminded by my Dad that there are some real nice townhomes being built in the spring around my area - that is prally where i should be spending my money. But im still VERY INTERESTED in owning an NSX at some point...

Back