• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Heres what I drive now - Should I go NSX?

Just to give you an idea of some of the things and kits you can do to the nsx, here is a thread with 1TITENSX's bad @ss black nsx. There are several other owners with nice kits done to their rides as well but i saw this one in person at Hot Import Nights in Atlanta and i remember he won an award. As far as having the nsx as a daily driver, there are several owners that do just that so no problems there. NSX's are very reliable, just be sure to keep the maintenance up.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32518

Search the picture gallery for others.

Yes. Get an NSX. Your G is nice and you did a good job of putting it together, but driving an NSX is a totally awesome feeling. You will like it. Get the NSX.

Yes you should go nsx if you want to take it to the next level of the wow factor and that you want a true sportscar......no offense to you but I never cared for the G35's.....although they look ok to me and yours is pretty clean. Besides theres like a million g35's here in southern cali with teenagers driving them fixed up with bodykits, turbos, widewheels, widebody etc....

If you still want the luxury factor then I suggest you buy an M3. But just like the g35 that car is played out here in too in LA. But they are still nice cars so good luck with your decision. Once you hit that go fast crack pipe then your hooked. ;)

91 nsx blk/ivory
03-m3 carbo black
02-m5 blue
04- TL blk/ebony
06-tacoima white
03-passport dirty white

your G35 is Awesome!!! I'm not too far from you... here in Ny... I myself have contemplated selling my NSX for a G35... but just cant bring myself to do it. For me, I've had numerous 2 seater cars so that is not a new feeling, but a super benefit of the G35 is the rear Seat!!! You must also consider that you have a practically BRAND NEW car... moving to a car almost 10 years old... that must also be considered. As for the WOW factors, hands down the NSX and G35 do not compare...

good luck with your choice... and welcome to the NSX world

Thanks so much for your thoughts on this. This forum is prooving to be quite helpful in many aspects of my NSX-search.

Im still thinking of a NSX in the $38k-$42k range...perferably White or black.

If anyone knows anyone with something like this (yes i checked the for sale threads) please let me know.

I take all your opinions seriously about wheather or not to make the jump - and im still not sure. Esp on a 21 degree morning in Philly with my heated seats on, my comfy cabin nice and warm, and a DVD playing in the Nav to keep me occupied in traffic :smile: ......but the thought of pulling up in front of the bar/club/resteraunt in a sweeet NSX or crusing to the shore this summer in that car still make me want to sell the farm!!!

Keep the ideas/thoughts coming...

Pearlcoupeg35

pearlcoupeg35 said:
but the thought of pulling up in front of the bar/club/resteraunt in a sweeet NSX or crusing to the shore this summer in that car still make me want to sell the farm!!!

Keep the ideas/thoughts coming...

Pearlcoupeg35

It gets passe' really quick :wink:

You be gettin' all the pooty!!!!!!!LOL. Get what you want, life is too short if you can afford it get and have fun. I also had both cars and the g is a great car, but you know around our area a seeing NSX is a rare treat. Mike . Also one of the top NSX tech is right in Langhorne!

isellpower said:
Any body kit = too much bling.

So race cars that install body kits to improve downforce and allow for larger wheels/rubber are bling??? Not sure i follow you on this one...

Also, what better form of self-expression is there than taking an already gorgeous car and making it stand out from the rest with your personal touch?

To each his own i guess...i just dont like having the same thing as everyone else.

Pearlcoupeg35

pearlcoupeg35 said:
So race cars that install body kits to improve downforce and allow for larger wheels/rubber are bling??? Not sure i follow you on this one...
I believe what he meant was for a street car with body kit is too much bling. Race car do it for functionality and not for bling. Hope you understand.:wink:

pearlcoupeg35 said:
I take all your opinions seriously about wheather or not to make the jump - and im still not sure. Esp on a 21 degree morning in Philly with my heated seats on, my comfy cabin nice and warm, and a DVD playing in the Nav to keep me occupied in traffic :smile: ......Pearlcoupeg35

All of that can be added to the NSX. Just gotta be willing to pay for it. :wink:

don't hate on the BLING factor :biggrin:
i'm guilty of at least a few counts of bling on my rap sheet =)

the answer to your question starts with getting a ride in one,
after that its probably an easier decision

The G35 is a cool car, but I just hate it how every little trendy boy and girl has to have it. Its especially popular with 20-30 year old Asian males in my area.

If I saw your car thats pictured, I would look at it for about 3-4 seconds, and give you some credit for doing some somewhat tasteful mods. But, I would never remember it afterwards as Id see another 10 G35's that are modified in the next 24 hours.

If your looking to impress people, and have a unique car, (which it looks like your trying to do) then the Nsx would be the Japanese, RWD car of choice.

BUT PLEASE, my god PLEASE dont put any nasty body kits, huge fancy stereo systems, etc crap.

Oh, and btw, everything looks good on your car, EXCEPT for that front grill. Man thats nasty ! Id prefer sticking with the stock front grill, everything else seems ok.

I def understand what your saying...and while im not asian, i do fall into the 20-30 crowd that "had" to have a G35. The car is def not as common in my area (philly suburbs) as im sure it is in others (socal, fla, etc) but im starting to grow tired of the car in general.

If i do decide to get an NSX (after a ride, some more reseach, and looking at my bank account :smile: ) be sure that i will tastefully modify it to enhance its strengths and not 'bling' it out...

Although im new to the NSX World, im no stranger to modifying cars (im on my 4th heavily modded car) so i understand the importance of keeping true to a cars roots and high-lighting its best qualitys.

If i had the car RIGHT NOW, my mods list would include...

- Tein Flex w/edfc
- Comptech strut bars (all) and chasis braces (all)
- Ugraded Rotors, pads, steel lines (perhaps calipers too)
- 18s up front - 19s out back...most likely Volk Racing, Work, Iforged, or something similar to these brands...light + forged
- Intake, headers, exhaust (not sure on brands as of yet)
- 2002 Headlight conv. + front end conversion (with HID's of course)
- Perhaps a nice Kenwood, Pioneer, or JVC in-dash DVD/CD/Navigation unit.

Id be all set with that setup over the course of a year or so...

To me - that would be the ultimate car - not 'blingy' or 'ricey'

Man, this thread is really starting to grow! I appreciate all the comments and advice...sure beats the info i got on the EVO forums :biggrin:

Modernceo said:
Oh, and btw, everything looks good on your car, EXCEPT for that front grill. Man thats nasty ! Id prefer sticking with the stock front grill, everything else seems ok.

Not bad. You only dislike one thing on my entire car. Not too bad at all...

Tough crowd it seems - but its ok - id rather have honesty than BS anyday.

Looking at your car, the way it's set up/ etc....I think you're going to be dissapointed if you sell it for an NSX.

I sold my 350Z which was also modded for my NSX...however, my Z was modded for AutoX, so it was suspension and engine mods, and basically nothing done to the interior. It was set up to go fast, not be comfortable.

Switching to the NSX has me missing some of my Z's creature comforts occasionally...I could only imagine that the shock to you would be much greater...since the NSX really is more of a track car. I personally think you'll regret it after about 3 months...

If i had the car RIGHT NOW, my mods list would include...

- Tein Flex w/edfc
- Comptech strut bars (all) and chasis braces (all)
- Ugraded Rotors, pads, steel lines (perhaps calipers too)
- 18s up front - 19s out back...most likely Volk Racing, Work, Iforged, or something similar to these brands...light + forged
- Intake, headers, exhaust (not sure on brands as of yet)
- 2002 Headlight conv. + front end conversion (with HID's of course)
- Perhaps a nice Kenwood, Pioneer, or JVC in-dash DVD/CD/Navigation unit.

Id be all set with that setup over the course of a year or so...

To me - that would be the ultimate car - not 'blingy' or 'ricey'

I had found a match for you. Keep your finger cross and hopefully he hasn't parted out his car yet.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61410

DrVolkl said:
Looking at your car, the way it's set up/ etc....I think you're going to be dissapointed if you sell it for an NSX.

I sold my 350Z which was also modded for my NSX...however, my Z was modded for AutoX, so it was suspension and engine mods, and basically nothing done to the interior. It was set up to go fast, not be comfortable.

Switching to the NSX has me missing some of my Z's creature comforts occasionally...I could only imagine that the shock to you would be much greater...since the NSX really is more of a track car. I personally think you'll regret it after about 3 months...

You just hit the nail on the head! That is my main concern in selling the G. I dont want to turn around in 3 months and wish i still had the car...BUT, i have done the sedan thing, now done the GT thing (g35) and would like to explore the world of true, exotic, sports car.

The only thing left to do is ride in one - keep looking for that perfect car, and think about it looong and hard.

Thanks ~ :redface:

Back