• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Heres what I drive now - Should I go NSX?

pearlcoupeg35 said:
Thanks for all the help and the encouraging words. WingZ, thanks for pointing out the fact that a few members here were a bit less polite than others - but i take the good with the bad. :

I love when people ask your advise; you respond, only to get flamed for answering in a truthful manner. I always felt that this forum was a way to speak your mind and express yourself but recently Ive learned that you shoudn't have any opinions about others peoples cars if they are not positive. In this thread I made a comment about headrests having T.V's in them and how; I, thought they were useless. I guess its none of my business what any of you do with your cars. I thinking that my run with NSX PRIME may be winding down. After over 2200 posts and 2 years of having fun with you guys; Ive come to realize to unfortunatly "PRIME isnt what it use to be". Everyone says this - but I think its true. You cant see anything anymore without some one getting mad:frown:

We've seen the loss of Ken Sax, Tiger, Ceeya and unfortunatly-now I know why:frown:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I love when people ask your advise; you respond, only to get flamed for answering in a truthful manner. I always felt that this forum was a way to speak your mind and express yourself but recently Ive learned that you shoudn't have any opinions about others peoples cars if they are not positive. In this thread I made a comment about headrests having T.V's in them and how; I, thought they were useless. I guess its none of my business what any of you do with your cars. I thinking that my run with NSX PRIME may be winding down. After over 2200 posts and 2 years of having fun with you guys; Ive come to realize to unfortunatly "PRIME isnt what it use to be". Everyone says this - but I think its true. You cant see anything anymore without some one getting mad:frown:

We've seen the loss of Ken Sax, Tiger, Ceeya and unfortunatly-now I know why:frown:

Woah there. I wasnt getting mad at your comments. I not rookie to auto-forums and understand that when u post something on a public forum you will get an array of answers. Me mad at some stranger on the net? Never.

I think you might be referring to other issues that youve had in the past and perhaps this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Anyways, sorry to hear that the site isnt what it once was - since im new here - i dont have much to compare it too - but thus far, it doesnt seem to different from any other forums that i visit.

Pearlcoupeg35

PS: PM received - Word

pearlcoupeg35 said:
I think you might be referring to other issues that youve had in the past and perhaps this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Pearlcoupeg35

Never had another incident, Just disappointed. Check your PM:wink:

Attachments

• ur1.jpg
    ur1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 81
  • ur2.jpg
    ur2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 68
BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Never had another incident, Just disappointed. Check your PM:wink:

Nice car Bridgewater! Do you know your car is Red and your front lip is black??? Whats up with that??? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hahahahha

Its alllll good man.

pearlcoupeg35 said:
Nice car Bridgewater! Do you know your car is Red and your front lip is black??? Whats up with that??? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hahahahha

Its alllll good man.

Now you've really made me mad!:mad: :tongue: :biggrin:

Just playing around:smile:

his lip is spectacularly split in that pic, in addition i see
the KOB.

"We've seen the loss of Ken Sax, Tiger, Ceeya and unfortunatly-now I know why" mike you need an "e" in unfortunately..
it's badd spelling & grammer thats leeding prime down da path of discontent!!!!

good luck finding work mike, i'll let you dental assist, if you wear a pushup bra & dress.:eek:

I'll give an experienced man's opinion, probably someone who has more in common with you as well.

I bought my 04 6MT back in January of 04. Out of 20+ cars in my measly 7 years of driving, I had that car the longest out of any of them. I loved it and said I'd never sell it. (18 Months)

Well, shit changes.

I finally got the itch to sell the G when I was fooling around on ebay and saw the NSX. I bought it that week. I kept the G for another couple months, and simply tired of it. I'd get in the G after driving the X and I'd feel like I was sitting in an SUV. It just didn't feel right after driving the NSX.

Here are the facts:
Performance wise:
G wins in the braking department if you've got the Brembos no question.
Acceleration-Even with an intake, exhaust and Crawford Plenum, the NSX murdered the G in drag races and top end as well.
Handling-While the G handles very well, the NSX IS much better. Also, the G feels like a much bigger car (which it is) than the X.
Transmission-The NSX has a slightly stiffer clutch which I like. I also think that in comparison to the G, the NSX's gearbox doesn't feel as rubbery.

As far as the wow factor, you're going to get more looks in the NSX than you will in the G. Way more. I'm not going to lie, I like the attention from the females, so much so that I quite driving the G to the clubs, but I'm young and arrogant so I go for shit like that. Probably the only one who will admit it, too. But thats another story all in itself. Make no mistake, I bought the car for me, the female attention is just an added bonus. :) So you're good there.

You will run into a problem, though. While the NSX was my dream car for a while, its tough to see where i'm going to go from here. Whats the next step.

Good luck with your choice.

A little different situation here but. Just to throw something into the thread.

If you sell your G and get a NSX you may not necessarily have to spend more money .. you can still get your town house. I sold my full tein/JIC/tanabe suspension modded 02 IS300 and got a 91 NSX. almost an even trade.

My lexus was a daily driver. But I elected to have the NSX for part-time use. But I tell you, You have to drive the NSX to decide. The seating position (1 inch off the ground :biggrin: ) and Dynamic of the chassis (mid engine :cool: ) really make the NSX a joy to drive. You will have a harder ride but handling is amazing. You don't even need coilovers unless you are seriously tracking the car for auto-x & time attacks.

If you are an attention whore. NSX is for you. You will have people taking pictures of your car when you are on the freeway. also Heads turning and finger pointing when driving by a crowd.

jalnjr said:
good luck finding work mike, i'll let you dental assist, if you wear a pushup bra & dress.:eek:

Thats the KOB in the backgroud. Do I have to wear lipstick?:biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Thats the KOB in the backgroud. Do I have to wear lipstick?:biggrin:
yes michelle...

i also take a liking to your g35. i am looking for one to own so i dont have to drive my nsx on the weekend all the time::biggrin: i prefer a red one but listen to your pops get that house first the nsx will be there. nothing better than to be just turning 25 and having tennants pay you rent:biggrin: i dont have lots of mods on mine yet (rims,tv) but i have two 3family houses and working on the third. not to brag but just some of the good aspects of what your dad is trying to teach you. prime has its pro's and cons dont get offended i might get flammed after this posts this is what i do when someone flames me :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i think the nsx is pretty comfortable. i drive my sisters G35 and i don't feel that much more comfortable in it. i've driven the nsx on long trips and still can walk pretty well after i get out.:) and as far as the creature comforts, if you can do without seat warmers, i don't think you'll miss much.

i obviously say get an nsx.

you seem like a lot of us on the forums who enjoy 'enhancing' cars, and it seems you are pretty much done with your current G35 project.
the nsx will keep you entertained for years, largely due to the expense of the aftermarket parts, but also because it is just one of those rare cars that you really develop a passion for. one that makes you smile everytime you drive it (not to mention nearly everyone else you pass on the street), and one that you'll really enjoy driving. all of the time.

if you can keep both, that will be the ultimate decision, but if not. go for the nsx, you won't be sorry.

:smile:

Keep the G and buy the NSX. You wont be happy with the NSX cause u look like you like the roomyness of the G.

Be smart, have 2:smile:

Since you live at home, I would say keep the G, add the Pro Charger blower and enjoy. There are lots of FI kits out there for the car and it will be plenty fun until you can get your own place and then look at getting a NSX.

NetViper said:
Since you live at home, I would say keep the G, add the Pro Charger blower and enjoy. There are lots of FI kits out there for the car and it will be plenty fun until you can get your own place and then look at getting a NSX.

Id watch what you say in this thread:wink: Results can be a disaster:biggrin:

Modernceo said:
The G35 is a cool car, but I just hate it how every little trendy boy and girl has to have it. Its especially popular with 20-30 year old Asian males in my area.

Thats exactly why I didn't get one :wink: Theres at least 10 G35's in the development where i live. They all stop to take pics of my nsx. :biggrin:

pearlcoupeg35 said:
If i had the car RIGHT NOW, my mods list would include...

- Tein Flex w/edfc
- Comptech strut bars (all) and chasis braces (all)
- Ugraded Rotors, pads, steel lines (perhaps calipers too)
- 18s up front - 19s out back...most likely Volk Racing, Work, Iforged, or something similar to these brands...light + forged
- Intake, headers, exhaust (not sure on brands as of yet)
- 2002 Headlight conv. + front end conversion (with HID's of course)
- Perhaps a nice Kenwood, Pioneer, or JVC in-dash DVD/CD/Navigation unit.:

Dude, Hope you hae lots of money.

You mentioned $40,000 for the car alone
--------------------------
Tein Flex EDFC 1299+339
Brembo Brake kit (f/r) 2795 x 2
Wheels/Tires $2-5000
Intake/header/exhaust $4-5000
2002 update is running people close to $10,000
plus custom audio
plus labor.
-------------------------
that's $67,228 +labor and audio work.

not counting tires less than every 10,000 miles, and possible timingbelt/waterpump job which is a few thousand.

just saying, if you'll only be happy with the NSX after these mods, you may want to do some research on the costs involved... I can see by your current car you're pretty well off, but i'm just saying :)

BTW, the G35 is one of my top10 favorite new cars i'd buy, although yours doesn't fit my taste. I agree more with "TheKid" :p

I really like your G35, very nice. I remain a huge fan of that car. It is very much a car that I wish Acura would produce a segment model to compete with.

Like the Old CL Type S, but better- something more like the G35, rear, or AWD. with that driveability that Saint, er I mean Yellow Rose, likes about his G35, and the styling to go with it- I would also like to note that this would be quite an accomplishment because I think the styling on the G35 is extremely well sorted. :smile:

I agree with most folks on here that the NSX is very different from the G35- They aren't really meant to be compared, but since this is your personal automotive odyssey I would say you are on the right track to compare the pros and cons of what you have, and what you would lose, vs. what you would gain by taking the step into an NSX.

Just a side note on the issue that brought me here...

I am not a big fan of the TV's in the headrests, but then "somebody" already mentioned that.
If I mention that they aren't really "safe" to have operating while you are in traffic I would hope no one calls my boss...:eek:

On that issue- some people are very very very small.

Philip

spartan2-3 said:
Guys, you can rent a G35 from Hertz for under $50.00. I rented one last summer (I believe for $39.00 a day) and must admit, it makes a nice daily driver compared to my non power steering NSX.

how old do u have to be to rent a car?

does it depend on the state?

You have a nice car most definetly. I have always told my friends if I didn't need my truck for a daily driver for work, that would be my daily driver car. I dont think I would get an NSX for a daily driver, just mho though.

spartan2-3 said:
Guys, you can rent a G35 from Hertz for under $50.00. I rented one last summer (I believe for $39.00 a day) and must admit, it makes a nice daily driver compared to my non power steering NSX.

Make sure you buy the insurance, and drive it like you stole it! :biggrin:

SilverStone05 said:
...You will run into a problem, though. While the NSX was my dream car for a while, its tough to see where i'm going to go from here. Whats the next step.

Good luck with your choice.

The next step is buying another NSX as a garage mate to the first one. Then you modify and go from there.... ;)

Back