• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

HID Install HELP NEEDED!!!!!

So I have everything installed and I can't get the cap back onto the housing. The plug that goes into where the OEM bulb connects into is too large to fit under the cap. The wires that are part of the OEM harness to the buld are very short and I don't want to start splicing wires just to fit this HID in. Does anyone have and pearls of wisdom than will stop me for going on a tri-county murder spree. This thing has eaten up 2hrs of my time so far and I'm nowhere close to being done with the first side. I've laready cut a hole in the cap for both sides so I'm kinda effed if I want to go back to OEM until I get new caps.

Call me! I thought we were going to do this project together. I can have this solved in 15 minutes. I am the HID God. Please tell me you bought the hid-online kit and not some Asian junk. :)

So I have everything installed and I can't get the cap back onto the housing. The plug that goes into where the OEM bulb connects into is too large to fit under the cap. The wires that are part of the OEM harness to the buld are very short and I don't want to start splicing wires just to fit this HID in. Does anyone have and pearls of wisdom than will stop me for going on a tri-county murder spree. This thing has eaten up 2hrs of my time so far and I'm nowhere close to being done with the first side. I've laready cut a hole in the cap for both sides so I'm kinda effed if I want to go back to OEM until I get new caps.

Hugh...the call is on the way.

I bought the Synergy DDM kit. This is by no means a plug and play kit. There are modifications that need to be done if you are a perfectionist like me. I did fire one up and the light output looks good. The connectors just don't fit under the cap.

Docl,
Sorry, I'm out on this as I have a p-n-p kit from vendor here on Prime that I might've been able to hep you with.
Good luck as I'm sure Hugh will be of great assistance to you.

I spoke with Hugh and he knew exactly what I'm struggling with. The problem is that the area under the cap is tighter than a choir boy's anus and I just don't want to force things.

the area under the cap is tighter than a choir boy's anus and I just don't want to force things.

gayalarm2.gif

u better understand that u are driving asian car which is your nsx made in JAPAN.that's in asia.:mad: not american goods

if u dont want asian junk, go get european parts all the way. they wont be junk. GOOD LUCK> racist.

Do me a favor. Go swallow a bottle of St. John's Wort and wash it down with some Sake.

When it comes to HID lights and optics in general, you can't beat German products. If you've ever read my posts, you'd know how I feel about German cars. However, I do use Zeiss lenses and eat certain German foods. My father's side of the family happens to be German.

Racist? Give me a break. I'm just telling it like it is. It just so happens that Philips makes the best HID bulbs. The clones coming out of Asia are crap.

Racist? Give me a break. I'm just telling it like it is. It just so happens that Philips makes the best HID bulbs. The clones coming out of Asia are crap.
I will have to disagree with your "crappy" statement about the HID products from Asia. There is a large range of prices and qualities of HID products from Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, mainland China, and Taiwan. Among Chinese kits, I have seen low quality as well as extremely well made stuffs. The Korean bulbs are superb. I am also a German car fans who have owned a few cars from Stuggart and I have known of a few BMW, MB, and Porsche HID failures and they are Philips components. In fact Mcculloch makes replacement kits for MB and BMW's failed Philips HID. I don't know how you can so blatantly denounced all Asian HID as crap when many people have had good experiences with them.
Steve

I spoke with Hugh and he knew exactly what I'm struggling with. The problem is that the area under the cap is tighter than a choir boy's anus and I just don't want to force things.
The most common problem encountered with the NSX installation is the fact that there is not much room in the cap to accommodate all the plugs and wires. The old SOS approach was to mill a small hole and re-route the factory white bulb harness outside the cap. This arrangement exposes the harness to the element. My method is to modify the caps to allow more room to accommodate all the wires/plugs. The simple drilling-a-hole method is a hit and miss thing depending on the amout of materials behind the HID bulbs. Many bulbs have longer solid parts behind the bulbs which makes things too tight. A large grommet will help to allow a little more room. You might need to drill a bigger hole and get a bigger grommet to allow a little more flexibility.
Steve

Problem solved in five minutes. I took out the headlamps and all is good. They fit in perfectly and I'll give these suckers a try tonight.

I had the same problem with mine. Getting those caps back on are a pain in the ass.

So how about SHARING THE INFO guys?

Here's my secret. The instructions say to remove the headlight from the housing. Once I did that which took all of 30 seconds for each one, the install for the HIDs took five minutes.

The lesson to be learned here thus avoiding frustration. Follow the directions. :biggrin:

Here's my secret. The instructions say to remove the headlight from the housing. Once I did that which took all of 30 seconds for each one, the install for the HIDs took five minutes.

The lesson to be learned here thus avoiding frustration. Follow the directions. :biggrin:

Can you post the install instructions for your NSX? Or just send them to me and I'll post them...

Can you post the install instructions for your NSX? Or just send them to me and I'll post them...

It's pretty much self explanatory and easy to do. :wink:

1) Remove headlamp cover.
2) Remove headlamp.
3) Remove cap and bulb from headlamp.
4) Drill 1" hole in back of cap.
5) Switch blue and red wires as previously discussed in GB thread.
6) Place new bulb.
7) Connect wires.
8) Tuck away wires and screw on cap.
9) Tuck in rubber gromet.
10) Replace headlamb.
11) Test new bulbs.
12) Strap/tape ballasts.
13) Replace covers.
14) Remove covers.
15) Aim headlights.
16) Repeat 14 & 15 until satisfied.

:biggrin:

I guess you should have purchased Steve's HID kit. It was so simple to install in less than 30mins. It's the best kit around. Not a single problem with caps or anything else.

BTW: We don't need to know about your personal preferences. Please keep your fetish issues to yourself. T.M.I.

Back