• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy mother of God

unit-x said:
Nice stuff. Aside from the sound, what are the horsepower gains like on that GT-One exhaust? And along with the headers and test pipe, is it street legal?

Any catback is 'legal', the only concern is noise guidelines, which vary. As far as the test pipes, of course it's perfectly legal to remove your catalytic converters from an emissions-controlled vehicle :confused:

scorp965 said:
Any catback is 'legal', the only concern is noise guidelines, which vary. As far as the test pipes, of course it's perfectly legal to remove your catalytic converters from an emissions-controlled vehicle :confused:

Hold on a sec..what are you asking?..is it legal to remove your cats?..hell no it isn't!!..if you got pulled over and the CHP officer had a bad day, you could be calling a tow truck to get your car home.

It is illegal to remove cats in all 50 states.

however if you live in an area that does not do emmisions testing you can get away with it..these areas are getting harder to find, esp in coastal states.

zahntech said:
Hold on a sec..what are you asking?..is it legal to remove your cats?..hell no it isn't!!..if you got pulled over and the CHP officer had a bad day, you could be calling a tow truck to get your car home.

It is illegal to remove cats in all 50 states.

however if you live in an area that does not do emmisions testing you can get away with it..these areas are getting harder to find, esp in coastal states.

(dripping with sarcasm)

Sharp%20Edges-thumb.jpg

unit-x said:
Nice stuff. Aside from the sound, what are the horsepower gains like on that GT-One exhaust? And along with the headers and test pipe, is it street legal?

I am not sure what the horsepower gains will be. I will do a before and after and post. As far as I know no one has tried this header yet and it is the only one that is equal length on both cylinder banks (all 6 pipes). It is not legal with the test pipes, but that is why I have SARD high performance cats coming.

Turbo2go, Please keep us posted on the progress. I would like to hear this unit.
Thanks

Will do. Should be in about a week if all goes well. I can't wait! I am sure it will scream. :biggrin:

Wow, thats a nice looking exhaust. Looking forward to seeing the HP gains. May the HP gods smile upon you. :smile:

Last edited:
well... I heard it today...

I have not heard any exhaust system that sounds like this one. It is definitely a very high pitch... it really does remind me of the way an Italian exotic with many more cylinders sounds. It is also... LOUD. The valve tends to change the tone more than quiet it. Thats still being worked on.

I don't know how well sounds are transfered from a car to a camcorder to a PC and through computer speakers... I have listened to the exhaust clips thread on some high quality speakers. I have not heard anything like this particular exhaust.

I ran this system for now with test pipes. So it is just the F1 headers, bypass pipes and the V5 exhaust. Its quiet at idle but all hell breaks loose by about 4000 RPM. Its been about 6 hours, I still have not been able to get that tone out of my ears... very intoxicating...

I think what makes this system more than the mufflers is the headers. They are FANTASTIC.

I will post some clips after the weekend when I actually get the car back.

I have not heard any exhaust system that sounds like this one. It is definitely a very high pitch... it really does remind me of the way an Italian exotic with many more cylinders sounds. It is also... LOUD. The valve tends to change the tone more than quiet it. Thats still being worked on.

I don't know how well sounds are transfered from a car to a camcorder to a PC and through computer speakers... I have listened to the exhaust clips thread on some high quality speakers. I have not heard anything like this particular exhaust.

I ran this system for now with test pipes. So it is just the F1 headers, bypass pipes and the V5 exhaust. Its quiet at idle but all hell breaks loose by about 4000 RPM. Its been about 6 hours, I still have not been able to get that tone out of my ears... very intoxicating...

I think what makes this system more than the mufflers is the headers. They are FANTASTIC.

I will post some clips after the weekend when I actually get the car back.

Can't Wait!!!.... Go Turbo..... ! I was first impressed with its looks.. and hearing you speak of the sound.... Awesome!!!~~~

p.s. Who said loud was 'bad' ????? :biggrin:

Yessssss I have been wondering how long it was gonna take for you to get this on. I can only imagine how night and day different it is with the whole GT-One set-up and Supercharger. Sounds clips and dyno please:biggrin:

I have not heard any exhaust system that sounds like this one. It is definitely a very high pitch... it really does remind me of the way an Italian exotic with many more cylinders sounds.
Just out of curiosity... have you heard a Gruppe M V3 live?
If so, how do they compare.

Would be interresting to hear an opinion from someone who's actually have heard both, since Gruppe M is the supposedly old king of high pitch.

Just out of curiosity... have you heard a Gruppe M V3 live?
If so, how do they compare.

Would be interresting to hear an opinion from someone who's actually have heard both, since Gruppe M is the supposedly old king of high pitch.

I have not heard a Gruppe M V3 in person, but to me, there is just no way to get that truly great sound without having a fully tuned system engine back. I am pretty sure that the way this car now sounds has a lot to do with the design of the header, and the lack of cats. If you take these two components away, no matter what type of muffler you use, you are only going to get so much.

The "high pitch" that I have heard often with some other exhausts, almost sounds a bit artificial. They are high, but have the sound of a motorcycle not an F1 engine. They are rather tinny and not that satisfying to me. Perhaps it's because I am listening to them on a computer... I don't know. All I know is that this sounds very different.

I don't know how well this tone will transfer through recording and replaying on a PC. Certainly it won't sound right on a laptop... but I will try to get a good recording for you guys. It is rather loud, valve open or closed (although the pitch changes)... there will be no mistaking that something is coming your way when this car is on the street.

I will say that the installation of this system takes some work. There are more than a few obstacles. Mitch had to shave a bit of metal on a few parts of the car to create satisfying levels of clearance. The control box for the valve must sit on the left side of the car. On a JDM vehicle, this is passenger side where there is enough room under the seat. On a US vehicle, the cable is too short to go on the passenger side. We also had to re-weld some fittings for 02 sensors, and still have a slight problem of the valve sitting a bit close to the trunk floor and banging. The overall quality of this system is outstanding, but its works with some really tight tolerances.

Congrats...I knew you'd be happy with the results. You've heard my sound clips, how does it compare? Those clips are with the cats on, i haven't put on the straight pipes yet.

Congrats...I knew you'd be happy with the results. You've heard my sound clips, how does it compare? Those clips are with the cats on, i haven't put on the straight pipes yet.

You can tell its sort of in the same family... I really like the way yours sounds.. but this one is a lot more "nasty" for the lack of a better term. I am attributing a big part of this sound to the F1 headers. I should have the car back this week so I will post some clips. This has totally transformed the personality of the car... this car is no longer polite. Its like a standard NSX that has rabies... :biggrin:

Is you supercharger back on? I'm thinking it has a bigger affect on the sound than the F1 headers. Then you'll be putting on the sard cats which will make it different. Do you notice a rattling sound at WOT? I do everytime and I'm not sure if its by design or if something is loose. I do hear somewhat of rattle in the sound clip on gt-rom's site.

I had no idea what my sounded like from the outside until I did the dyno and it was unbearablily loud for ppl behind it. Kinda hesitating on the test pipes as theres a line between sounding nice and loud and just plain obnouxious loud that doesn't sound good. Ie. Mustangs with straight pipes :redface:

yes, the supercharger is on. However I have only heard the car on the lift... not under actual load. So the SC whine was not even there. It was LOUD in the shop... I am hoping on the street and with the valve working under load that it will be quieter. Otherwise the cats are going on. I did not hear any rattling, but I did not spend any extensive time listening either. They were still working on the car.

Hi there...

Has the loud sound level annoyed you yet? And it is quite below 4000 rpm right?

Just checking exhaust options as usual. Hard to draw any conclusion because there are too few NSX's here and even fewer with aftermarket exhaust! The car I'm getting march 14th has Remus on it, so I can't wait to see how the sound is. I'm jumping straight to GT-One like yours/ a Tubi exhaust if I'm not happy with it!

Hey Adeel, "loud" is subjective, as some of the guys at the shop called the system loud. But I am a rather conservative dude, I like my cars quiet, and I think this thing is just right frankly. It may be a bit on the louder side but it sounds so good that all you wanna do is hear it. I mean loud and cheesy- sounding is one thing, loud and great-sounding another. A murcielago is loud... an Enzo is loud... a lot of cars are loud... but if they sound great, who cares? Its the loud civic with the autozone muffler that is annoying.

This is not my daily driver car... but I will probably never turn my radio on again. I think the valve does its job for the most part and keeps it well under control at lower RPM's. You can choose of course when to open or close the valve. Its fully adjustable from inside the car.

"Sound good" :tongue:

I was thinking about version 5, stainless steel. Thanks for sharing information!

Very, very nice exhaust.

Back