• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy mother of God

Here is another short clip. Sorry these are poor, I will get better ones. Please note that this is again from my cousin's car following me, with his windows rolled *UP* in a CLK55. Also he is somewhat trying to stay with me, you can hear the deeper roar of the AMG exhaust. Notice the back end of my car squat down on acceleration and how hard it pulls away... no way did it do this without the CTSC. The clip cuts off just before it goes towards redline where the pitch gets very high. Sorry there is this background music. I didn't even know they had a camera with them.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycH3mfEgIJM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycH3mfEgIJM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

more videos please...in your car and outside of your car....:biggrin: Going to have to do a BMI video on you hehe.

WOW !! DAMN!!
thats crazY!!

Come on Dave, you can do better than this! More videos, stat!!!!

That first video, with the crazy cousin, is outrageous!

Thats the best sounding NSX Ive heard, also.

Even better than the turbo's IMO.

Love it. Love it. Love it.

DJ here,
Glad you finally got it up. Those clips are mean, but from inside the car it sounds a lot quieter. That's what my wife likes about them. I have the exact same setup on our red NA1. Wifey doesn't complain and when I bring it home at night it's actually quieter than my RX-7. The valve is worth the extra bucks, especially when jealous neighbors are involved. And being the only foreigner in my condo, I already look like a new breed of Yakuza with all these red cars!

Grats on the system again and we are taking orders....:biggrin:
DJ

Grats on the system again and we are taking orders....:biggrin:
DJ

LOL... I think you owe me a comission DJ. haha

DJ I think my car sounds different than even what you are used to in Japan as you are NA and this is supercharged... I can barely hear my supercharger over the wail of this thing but lets just say there is a lot more exhaust moving out of the system.

Put it like this, next thing you buy will have a really sweet discount on it...:wink:
Mr. Tamura likes the sound too, he just got off the phone with me, last words..."The other guys don't have a chance, there's no competition"
Take care and once again, glad it was worth the wait, pain, and headaches...should be easier from here out though.:cool:
DJ

Sounds Great! More clips without the music, please!:biggrin:

I wonder how it sounds NA ?

Probably pretty nice, but a little different. All I know is that although it sounds nice when driven easy, it becomes a different beast when told to run. The pitch changes completely. I am willing to bet this car sounds different than even GT-Rom has ever heard it because they have never heard this exhaust with a supercharger sitting on the motor. The volume of exhaust moving may be 40-50% more and I think that is changing the pitch even further. At part throttle it sounds closer (although still different) to some of the clips I have heard here, similar to the GruppeM, the V5.1, or the Tubi.

I was actually concerned that my supercharger would kill my investment in the exhaust and the beautiful sound of the system, but I think the opposite effect took place. Trust me Nico, in person its even more impressive than these clips show.

I am running NA with ver5.1. with ct headers and df intakes. I have a few sound clips up in the exhaust clip thread. I really dunno how it sounds compared to Dave's since you can't really hear it in cabin like DJ said. I've only heard it from the outside when it was dynoed but I think I need someone to drive my car to know what it really sounds like. I will be putting the test pipes on soon too :)

OMG that exhaust is loud!!!

humm..... i want one.... :biggrin:

Dave was very kind to allow me to experience this exhaust system yesterday. At first, when it started up, I thought it might be too loud. However, after a lengthy ride, I am a believer and am going to order one!:biggrin:

The sound, IMHO, really goes well with the NSX: hi tech, hi pitch F1 sound that is really pleasing to hear. There were no cats on the car, so I think it would be quieter with cats, hopefully not much of that lusty sound would be lost. In the cabin, the sound was very refined and not annoying or loud (except when its opened up!) Then this high pitched wail (?) comes out that is incredible.:eek:

Dave has the ver. 5 with the valve. The valve did not appear to change the sound very much. I am ordering without, the ver. 5.1. His supercharger may be contributing to the sound due to the larger amount of air being moved through. I think he has hit a homerun.

Did you do a dyno before and after?

Dave was very kind to allow me to experience this exhaust system yesterday. At first, when it started up, I thought it might be too loud. However, after a lengthy ride, I am a believer and am going to order one!:biggrin:

The sound, IMHO, really goes well with the NSX: hi tech, hi pitch F1 sound that is really pleasing to hear. There were no cats on the car, so I think it would be quieter with cats, hopefully not much of that lusty sound would be lost. In the cabin, the sound was very refined and not annoying or loud (except when its opened up!) Then this high pitched wail (?) comes out that is incredible.:eek:

Dave has the ver. 5 with the valve. The valve did not appear to change the sound very much. I am ordering without, the ver. 5.1. His supercharger may be contributing to the sound due to the larger amount of air being moved through. I think he has hit a homerun.

I think your car will sound like mine since I also have comptech headers. Only difference is mine is a 3.2. I also have downforce intake but I'm not sure if that effects the exhaust sound.

The downforce intake is inaudible with this exhaust honestly. You can here the valve difference more at cruise on the highway than at idle... I forgot to show BobMc that... :tongue:

Da Hapa, I only did dyno along with CTSC. With CTSC and exghaust I gained +113 HP. A chunk of that surely, is the exhaust. That's a high gain on what was an extremely conservative dyno.

The downforce intake is inaudible with this exhaust honestly. You can here the valve difference more at cruise on the highway than at idle... I forgot to show BobMc that... :tongue:

Da Hapa, I only did dyno along with CTSC. With CTSC and exghaust I gained +113 HP. A chunk of that surely, is the exhaust. That's a high gain on what was an extremely conservative dyno.

My trade offer still stands.:biggrin: After all, you'd be getting a completely stock NSX for a modified one! I await your response.:)

Just some other random thoughts about the awesome ride with Dave's 05 on Saturday.
1. The bilsteins on my car are noticeably stiffer riding compared to the stock 05 shocks.
2. I think they (the bilsteins) may contribute some additional stability on the highway, along with the non power steering.
3. However, Dave's car felt a lot easier to steer at all speeds. His tires may contribute to this, compared to OEM tires.
4. Dave's short shift kit along with the shorter knob felt like my previous 02 S2000 shifter, which was pretty close to perfect.
5. The supercharger on Dave's car was awesome! Who would need any additional power for the street? :smile:
6. It is unfortunate that Comptech is out of business. Their supercharger was/is a great match to the NSX engine characteristics, and has apparently been very reliable.

Just some other random thoughts about the awesome ride with Dave's 05 on Saturday.
1. The bilsteins on my car are noticeably stiffer riding compared to the stock 05 shocks.
2. I think they (the bilsteins) may contribute some additional stability on the highway, along with the non power steering.
3. However, Dave's car felt a lot easier to steer at all speeds. His tires may contribute to this, compared to OEM tires.
4. Dave's short shift kit along with the shorter knob felt like my previous 02 S2000 shifter, which was pretty close to perfect.
5. The supercharger on Dave's car was awesome! Who would need any additional power for the street? :smile:
6. It is unfortunate that Comptech is out of business. Their supercharger was/is a great match to the NSX engine characteristics, and has apparently been very reliable.

Thanks Bob, your check's in the mail... lol... :biggrin:

Don't know but this is probably a good question having its own thread. If you do not mind, I do not want to turn this one into a Comptech discussion, as I am preparing more clips of the car and exhaust. Thanks kindly. :smile:

Back