• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy mother of God

Uh huh. I'll believe it when I see it!

Zip it Sang. I'll get to it when I get to it.... :biggrin: I live in New England you know... its still 40 some odd degrees here and we are almost into May. :mad: Its not like I can run around naked like Vance and Jason and go make videos of my car all day long. Then go have sushi and a stogie at the end of a very tiring day consisting of hot import, babe and NSX meets.

Last edited:
If you don't mind publicly disclosing but what's the total cost of the exhaust system, headers and all?

If you have to ask.... :biggrin:

OK this is from memory and of course it all depends on the Yen rate.... and I changed my design from NA2 to NA1 after my exhaust was built... plus I got new 02 sensors, bypass pipes as well as cats, it was 7K something, close to 8K. The exhaust was $2500, the header was $3000, the refab and Jazz 02 sensors added another $600, I think cats were $1000, bypass pipes were a few hundred... then shipping and some duty tax.... so close to 8K.

I never thought I would spend that much, but to me, its well worth it. It's cheaper now as the yen/dollar has gotten a bit better. Plus now that we have an english speaking rep for GT-Rom, it aleviates a lot of problems.

I know some like Tubi and some like GruppeM, but from what I have heard, nothing sounds like this setup from Gt-Rom. The more I play with the electronic valve control the more I like it. The difference is subtle, but what it eliminates the most is the low drone. On the highway at cruise it closes and the drone goes away fully. Drop the hammer and it knows to open wide and the tone changes. I cannot begin to tell you how many people that hear the car live and know nothing, they don't know what the car is or that its exhaust is not stock.... their first comment to me is "wow your car sounds AWESOME". Then they ask "what is that thing anyway?"

Hi,

(...) plus I got new 02 sensors (...) Jazz 02 sensors (...)

well... i don't remember that you stated this before... why did you changed them?? OEM doesn't work with these headers???

As you probably are aware :biggrin: :biggrin: , a friend of mine installed GT-One F1 headers also, and the o2 sensors collapsed...but it's a 91 NSX...i thought that if he installed a 02+ o2 sensors he would be fine...

can you help us with this??

thanks a bunch,
Nuno

Hi,

well... i don't remember that you stated this before... why did you changed them?? OEM doesn't work with these headers???

As you probably are aware :biggrin: :biggrin: , a friend of mine installed GT-One F1 headers also, and the o2 sensors collapsed...but it's a 91 NSX...i thought that if he installed a 02+ o2 sensors he would be fine...

can you help us with this??

thanks a bunch,
Nuno

My factory 02 sensors were OK on my 2005. The reason I changed to the Jazz 02 sensor is because Mr. Tamura said that it is a better sensor... it can withstand more exhaust pressure and it reads more accurate. The Jazz in Japan is the Honda FIT here. Hitoshi San knows what he is talking about so I just listened. Check Honda for sensors from a FIT.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

it's hard to believe that Jazz (in Europe is Jazz also) has better o2 sensor than 02+ NSX...

but just tell me....did you use your OEM ones for a little time...or installed the Jazz ones at the time of exhaust install??

A little time just in the shop (on the lift only). Not actual driving. I have my sensors for sale if you think you can use them. They basically ran the on the stock motor for 5000 miles. PM me if you want to discuss further.

My factory 02 sensors were OK on my 2005. The reason I changed to the Jazz 02 sensor is because Mr. Tamura said that it is a better sensor... it can withstand more exhaust pressure and it reads more accurate. The Jazz in Japan is the Honda FIT here. Hitoshi San knows what he is talking about so I just listened. Check Honda for sensors from a FIT.

hmmm I work for honda but do these plug and play? or would there be wiring to do... also on my 94 I believe they are different from your newer versions correct?

Man the color sucks ,but she does sound good. If your car was LBB then it would be perfect:biggrin:

hmmm I work for honda but do these plug and play? or would there be wiring to do... also on my 94 I believe they are different from your newer versions correct?

They were plug and play on my car.

Man the color sucks ,but she does sound good. If your car was LBB then it would be perfect:biggrin:

I guess when you have a weak engine and a stock muffler, you have to concentrate on talking about your color... like a girl... :biggrin:

DJ, he told me something about you calling....

I better be arround, so you and i talk and translate ....we have to start collecting some doe with this translation business :p:p:p i charge Paulo, you charge Hitoshi :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

7PM in japan is like what here??

uhhhhh

7PM japan = 5AM here...man... if you call, call to me as i'm working for about 7 hours more, until 9AM here (0h japanese time)...Paulo is sleeping....don't wake him or he will swim his a$$ to japan and brutalize you both!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

PS - Let's stop hyjacking Turbo's thread....PM me

uhhhhh

7PM japan = 5AM here...man... if you call, call to me as i'm working for about 7 hours more, until 9AM here (0h japanese time)...Paulo is sleeping....don't wake him or he will swim his a$$ to japan and brutalize you both!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

Hahaha! Thats why he didnt pick up when I called yesterday!:eek: Mr. Tamura said it was the afternoon in your part of the world! My appologies! Nothing important, just wanted to say see you guys this autumn I hope. Thanks for the info:smile:
DJ

Ok here is another video, sorry this is of the whole car, revs at the end. I will post a couple more shortly. I don't know what it is, but these videos do not really capture the sound it has live.

Here is a video driving around. Targa top is off.

WOW! :eek:

The first video is pretty much worthless in capturing the sound of this system but the second one is simply amazing. At the 1:30 mark where your run it the gears it sounds incredible...i cant imagine what its like in real life! I was looking to purchase a Supra and have always been a Supra lover but that video made me giggle like a little school girl. If I fly to your city would you give me a personal demo? :biggrin:

The first video is pretty much worthless in capturing the sound of this system but the second one is simply amazing. At the 1:30 mark where your run it the gears it sounds incredible...i cant imagine what its like in real life! I was looking to purchase a Supra and have always been a Supra lover but that video made me giggle like a little school girl. If I fly to your city would you give me a personal demo? :biggrin:

I fully expect Dave to drive his car to California and to let me hear it. Dinner is on me btw.:biggrin:

Honestly I am a bit dissapointed in the camera's lack of ability to catch the tone clearly. There is a low octave that goes along with the higher pitch that is just missing! :confused: The best clip that captures the sound is the very first one I posted on this thread with the cameraman outside the car. I will try to do more of that.

Last edited:
You need to record it with some pro equipment to really get the sound. I have tons of such equipment. If you're in N. Cali I can record it for you.

Tai

Any updated sound clips?!?

Yeah I need to do some. I want to also show both the good and the bad parts of the system.

This is a very strange exhaust with two totally different personalities. At certain RPM's with the windows open/top off at a certain throttle level, you can hear a "buzzing" noise... it's not a pleasant sound. I managed to catch it perfectly in a few vids I posted then deleted because they were not a good representation.

At a throttle level below or above that "buzz" level, the sound is faaaaantastic. I need to capture that. At around from 2-4K with only moderate throttle it sounds truly exotic. Just not like a V6 at all. If I drive it like that everyone within a 1/4 of a mile turns and looks. It really howls. Step on it a little more and you get the buzz, step on it even more and its gone again. That buzz is never heard with the windows up or, if you are 20 feet or so away... Its really bizzare.

I want to get clips of both so everyone can hear it. I'll try to do so next weekend.

turbo2go i saw one of your clips with your cousin in it

and i must say that GT-One f1 manifold is truly worth the money.

I also do feel that I also have the "buzz" with my version 4, i thought because of the silencers, but now that I think about it, when I had all the silencers out it did emit a small buzz noise.

I thought that was due to the fact that I lost back pressure, but hey who knows.

When I got on mine one time, while I tried to keep up with some bikers, it was so loud I swear I was about to break someone's glasses.

Back