• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy mother of God

I have done a couple of more clips both from inside and out so you guys get a better idea:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p5koXVLuc7k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p5koXVLuc7k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And from inside. You can see the valve controller at the beginning on the console.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2lMn10m_MnQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2lMn10m_MnQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Sounds really good Dave! Your cousin is hilarious:biggrin:

the sound is phenomenal as it performance seems impressive on the clips. I am sure the SC actually enhanced it to that perfect growl. Nice car all together.

How come you cut off your cousin's comments ;)?

LOL... I am sure he will see this thread and get on my case now. Because he goes on for ten minutes like he is a wrestler on TNA... Youtube has limits on file size... :biggrin: but he is pretty funny.

the sound is phenomenal as it performance seems impressive on the clips. I am sure the SC actually enhanced it to that perfect growl. Nice car all together.

I have another clip where you can see how the front end of the car really lifts when I shift and accelerate with the CTSC. I was surprised to see it but clearly the car lifts its front and squats fairly severely under hard acceleration. I don't know if you CTSC guys have actually ever seen that on your car. Kinda strange...

Last edited:
I have another clip where you can see how the front end of the car really lifts when I shift and accelerate with the CTSC. I was surprised to see it but clearly the car lifts its front and squats fairly severely under hard acceleration.............

soft STOCK suspension :rolleyes: :confused:

Last edited:
That's right. And its staying that way. I am not hearing any of you people... la la la la lee la la

Are you at least tracking it at NSXPO? I ask because BIOBanker will be there with his CTSC NSX with suspension. Perhaps a ride will persuade you....to the darkside:biggrin:

Dave- Ride in Anil's car and you will change your mind....;)

me likey your car:biggrin:

Thanks. Me too. :smile:

Are you at least tracking it at NSXPO? I ask because BIOBanker will be there with his CTSC NSX with suspension. Perhaps a ride will persuade you....to the darkside:biggrin:

Unfortunately I won't make it. It is EXACTLY the same days as a business event I have to be in CA. I am not happy about this AT ALL.

Dave- Ride in Anil's car and you will change your mind....;)

NO MAN!!! I WON'T CHANGE MY MIND!!!

OK but tell me what does he have? lol...

Searched for this "valve controller" thing the closest thing I could find is a variable exhaust valve setup for varying the tone/pitch of one's exhaust. Any info on this?

That is an Apexi exhaust valve controller that is part of the GT-One V5.0 exhaust. The difference between the 5.1 and the 5.1 is that the 5.0 has valve control. At first I was not all that impressed with it because I expected it to make it go from loud to quiet. And really, its only about a 20% change in noise levels... but its at the right spot. With the valve closed, there is ZERO drone on the highway. It operates in auto mode most of the time so it is RPM dependent. I have it programmed to go wide open above 4K. I like it, but its installation is kind of a PIA.

Thanks. Me too. :smile:

Unfortunately I won't make it. It is EXACTLY the same days as a business event I have to be in CA. I am not happy about this AT ALL.

NO MAN!!! I WON'T CHANGE MY MIND!!!

OK but tell me what does he have? lol...

That is an Apexi exhaust valve controller that is part of the GT-One V5.0 exhaust. The difference between the 5.1 and the 5.1 is that the 5.0 has valve control. At first I was not all that impressed with it because I expected it to make it go from loud to quiet. And really, its only about a 20% change in noise levels... but its at the right spot. With the valve closed, there is ZERO drone on the highway. It operates in auto mode most of the time so it is RPM dependent. I have it programmed to go wide open above 4K. I like it, but its installation is kind of a PIA.

so this valve controller is kind of like a cut-out but within the exhaust?

so this valve controller is kind of like a cut-out but within the exhaust?

Yes, circled in red (if you can call that a circle):

14678IMG_050211.jpg

oh man Im sold on Gt-One
I do kinda like V2 aswell, so I got a decision to make :(

is it really worth 3k for the headers???

anyone got any clips of just the exhaust without the header or supercharger

SC is another thing Im considering, but have heard it takes some of the fun out with having to shift so fast with each gear running out so quickly

is it really worth 3k for the headers???

Headers are bent and welded steel (usually). For many cars, headers cost $300, not $1000 as they do for the NSX.

In that light, no, $3000 is not worth it for headers. Hell, $3000 gets you a tranny for most cars or a big V8 engine!

There are no moving parts in headers.

Anything's value is what someone is willing to spend.

I bought cheapies, so I may just be attempting to justify my own decisions! I am sure those who have INVESTED $3000 in headers will feel differently.

I don't know if its "worth" 3K or not, that is a personal decision. But I know that on the same dyno I got a 113 HP increase with the CTSC and exhaust (bypassed cats as well on that dyno run). That is about 35 or so more HP that you should get with the CTSC and standard headers/exhaust and cats. I attribute some of that to the F1 header. I think it is the best header for the NSX. Worth it? I don't know... personal call.

As for the car not being as fun with the supercharger because you have to shift quicker? HAHAHAHAHA that is the funniest thing I have heard... my dad's Isuzu truck takes even longer times between shifts... does that make it more fun? A supercharged NSX is a blast to drive... fun factor X5. I love the fact that that tach needle climbs up much faster.

Headers are bent and welded steel (usually). For many cars, headers cost $300, not $1000 as they do for the NSX.

In that light, no, $3000 is not worth it for headers. Hell, $3000 gets you a tranny for most cars or a big V8 engine!

I bought cheapies, so I may just be attempting to justify my own decisions! I am sure those who have INVESTED $3000 in headers will feel differently.

In reality though $300.00 gets you junk that will rust out eventually, thin flanges etc...
A good set of equal length headers made from good matl. (304ss) are gonna run over a grand....the ones I had on my vette were around $2k. IMO $3k is a lot of dough but it seems that these are not just some mass produced pieces.

Back