• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hot Mechanic

SNDSOUL said:
Thank goodness I have a drawer full :tongue: It's Saturday night but I'm in Virginia with family (my grandparent's 60th anniversary)! and I don't drink but I'm quite calm. Lol.... you think I could put the Marga Hills kit on with that jack ?? ;)
I dont have the MH kit anymore, new stuff(top secret:biggrin: ), but no bricks, I have a lift.
Congrats on the 60th aniversary, very respectable, just as you doing your own install.
4291PICT0131-med.JPG
[/QUOTE]
nice IC! :biggrin:

and mermaid, let's get some more pics of ur ride.. the x looks good!

SNDSOUL said:
Marc, your such an a$$ kisser:biggrin: If you came to my house and I had my car on bricks you would give me sh$t for years:cool:

HELL yeah i would... not for using the bricks though,,,,i would give you shIt for getting caught using them :)

Holy smokes! You are brave. I hesitate to work under my car even when it is on jack stands... guess I'm a wimp.

Anyway since I'd hate to see you get hurt why not invest in a proper floor jack and stands. You can get a decent jack at Costco for $99 (3-ton high lift, low profile jack by Larin) and a set of jack stands for $20 from Harbor Freight or Wal-Mart. PepBoys often has sales on jack and stand combos.

I used to work with a scissor jack for simple things like wheel changes and brake work but one time when working on a tractor of all things I saw the scissor jack starting to bow and lean to one side. That really opened my eyes to realize that the OEM scissor jack is really only for roadside emergencies.

Anyway it's good to see a fellow NSX enthusiast who likes to work on their car. I find that working on my cars is both a stress reliever and gives me a better understanding of how the car works. Keep it up! But most important, keep it safe!!!

Motegi said:
Holy smokes! You are brave. I hesitate to work under my car even when it is on jack stands... guess I'm a wimp.

Anyway since I'd hate to see you get hurt why not invest in a proper floor jack and stands. You can get a decent jack at Costco for $99 (3-ton high lift, low profile jack by Larin) and a set of jack stands for $20 from Harbor Freight or Wal-Mart. PepBoys often has sales on jack and stand combos.

i guess you didnt read the whole thread. Miss MiamiMermaid pretty much explain the situation.

At first before she hopped on the thread.. I thought some guy jacked up his car and had his girlfriend take some pose as the mechanic. As the thread develops you will see the whole picture... :biggrin:

btcog82 said:
Here ya go Mermi:wink: ...If this doesn't scream:eek: Key West and the islands, I got some more up my sleeve....:biggrin:

:biggrin: Chocolate Key Lime Pie:biggrin:

1 tablespoon of plain gelatin
1 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs separated
1/2 cup Key Lime juice finely strained
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon grated Key Lime peel
1 cup HEAVY cream whipped
1 9-inch baked chocolate graham cracker crust... I just tried it with Oreo crust the last time, it turned out pretty good

Mix the gelatin with only HALF of the sugar, and salt in a sauce pan. Beat the egg yolks in a separate bowl and add the Key Lime juice and water to the egg yolks. Stir the egg yolk mixture into the gelatin mixture saucepan. Cook on LOW HEAT, stirring CONSTANTLY, just until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and blend in the grated peel. Chill:cool: , blending often, until mixture is thick when dropped by spoon. Beat the egg whites until soft peeks form. Add the remaining sugar and whip until stiff. Fold into the gelatin mixture. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour into the baked graham cracker crust and refrigerate until firm. Serve with a sprinkle of chocolate and garnish with lime slice.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: :wink: :wink: :tongue::

WOW, YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIII!!!! Now that soundz fantastic!!! I have a feeling I'm gonna be in touch.... This looks awesome!! ThaNSX* for sharing with us!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

fkong777 said:
i guess you didnt read the whole thread. Miss MiamiMermaid pretty much explain the situation.

At first before she hopped on the thread.. I thought some guy jacked up his car and had his girlfriend take some pose as the mechanic. As the thread develops you will see the whole picture... :biggrin:

No... I had read the entire thread. :confused: I just reread it and my advice still stands (excuse the pun). Actually it would be the same advice to everyone on these forums. A stack of bricks or a pile of wood is no substitute for proper jack stands when your life/health is at stake! :wink: :wink: Let me see $150 for a jack plus stands versus $1500+++ for medical bills should the car fall on you!

Be safe everyone!!! :biggrin:

P.S. Although my parents don't work on their cars I bought a floor jack for them too!!! (for when I am visiting and work on their cars, heh heh)

Motegi said:
No... I had read the entire thread. :confused: I just reread it and my advice still stands (excuse the pun). LOL ..:biggrin: :tongue: Actually it would be the same advice to everyone on these forums. A stack of bricks or a pile of wood is no substitute for proper jack stands when your life/health is at stake! :wink: :wink: Let me see $150 for a jack plus stands versus $1500+++ for medical bills should the car fall on you! Be safe everyone!!! :biggrin:

P.S. Although my parents don't work on their cars I bought a floor jack for them too!!! (for when I am visiting and work on their cars, heh heh)

What a great son! :) Yep, I'm definitely going to get something like the above. Only concern, that was brought up, was how sturdy is it? I'd be afraid it'd fall or something :eek: :eek: But I also like those lil 'drive up on' lifts. I just wonder how high they lift the car. In any case, it's great learning ;) And thansx, y'all, for any and all tips!*~
ARIEL1C2.gif

OK Brett,
No more MH, so are you going to sell anything? I want the skirts if they fit right.
Tim

MiamiMermaid said:
But I also like those lil 'drive up on' lifts. I just wonder how high they lift the car.

I could lay down under the car and install my exhaust with no problems. I would say judging from your pics that the car would have been about '2 bricks' (hehe) higher if you had driven the front up onto ramps...

jorligan said:
OK Brett,
No more MH, so are you going to sell anything? I want the skirts if they fit right.
Tim
Hey Tim, I have already sold the headlights, front bumper, rear spats. I am modifying the skirts but I'll let you know if I come across a set. I will be selling both of the hoods I have though. One is an original MH CF hood(it needs to be painted) and the other is a Gerry Johnson CF 2 duct hood. PM me if you or anyone is interested.

Sorry for the thread hijack......:tongue:

OneRedNSX said:
I could lay down under the car and install my exhaust with no problems. I would say judging from your pics that the car would have been about '2 bricks' (hehe)LMBO!!:biggrin: :biggrin: higher if you had driven the front up onto ramps...

Wow, really? That's perfect because I plan on fixing the spoiler to tighten the grip to the lip ... :tongue: How exactly do you place the car on them and keep it there ? Just drive on up ? Thansx* in advance~~

Geez, once I get these or that scissor lift, I'm gonna be itching for something to fix. lol.... :biggrin:

SNDSOUL said:
Hey Tim, I have already sold the headlights, front bumper, rear spats. I am modifying the skirts but I'll let you know if I come across a set. I will be selling both of the hoods I have though. One is an original MH CF hood(it needs to be painted) and the other is a Gerry Johnson CF 2 duct hood. PM me if you or anyone is interested.

Sorry for the thread hijack......:tongue:

Well, it's funny because I remember speaking with you, sending you a pm because that car looked absolutely HOT! When you said you took it off, I was thinking ::: hmmm, wonder if you still had it. But thansx* for semi-clueing us in on the 'Top Secret' project... now I know it involves some type of SndSoul invention scaled from MH skirts. :cool: :biggrin:

MiamiMermaid said:
Wow, really? That's perfect because I plan on fixing the spoiler to tighten the grip to the lip ... :tongue: How exactly do you place the car on them and keep it there ? Just drive on up ? Thansx* in advance~~

Geez, once I get these or that scissor lift, I'm gonna be itching for something to fix. lol.... :biggrin:

yep, you just drive it up onto the ramps and yank the e-brake... I also have some wheel chocks for the other side of the car that I use just to be extra safe...

none of that playing with a jack garbage haha

actually:

onramps.jpg

Here is a pic of when i put the exhaust on the car, on the very ramps I was speaking about haha, so you can see for yourself.

The top of your head is not nearly as nice as the top of hers. But your ramps beat her bricks so we'll call it a tie.

nsx2tall said:
The top of your head is not nearly as nice as the top of hers. But your ramps beat her bricks so we'll call it a tie.

Yea, I was definately having a bad hair night :redface:

OneRedNSX said:
Yea, I was definately having a bad hair night :redface:

LOL... yea, I couldn't help but notice that bit of a 'grease monkeyed" look on myself that night. My dad comes out and is like, "Haha, (pointing at me) you have black marks all over your face, Miss Mechanic." Then takes a picture :eek: :wink:

Those ramps seem pretty darn easy. Good stuff. Where do you get them? I also really like the scissor lift too, because you can really see all up in there. Thansx* again.

p.s. your hair looks just fine! :)

MiamiMermaid said:
LOL... yea, I couldn't help but notice that bit of a 'grease monkeyed" look on myself that night. My dad comes out and is like, "Haha, (pointing at me) you have black marks all over your face, Miss Mechanic." Then takes a picture :eek: :wink:

Those ramps seem pretty darn easy. Good stuff. Where do you get them? I also really like the scissor lift too, because you can really see all up in there. Thansx* again.

I got mine at autozone because I didn't feel like shopping around or buying a jack at the time... any auto-parts store and walmart should have them...

MiamiMermaid said:
p.s. your hair looks just fine! :)

haha, glad somebody can appreciate my 'its 1am and I just got home... but wait... what is this box in the living room! that must be the exhaust! i must go install it immediately!' look :tongue:

There seems to be some debate on this thread concerning if it is advisable to get under a car using a scissor jack and blocks.
For the record many people have been crushed and even killed doing what the pictures show you doing.
Scissor jacks are very suspect in terms of stability and should only be used to change a flat if there is nothing else available.
Blocks also tend to give way once the car falls off the jack.
The fact that the engine is in the back should mean that you will only get crushed a bit if the car does fall on you and hopefully there will be someone there to help you get out or call 911.
It can be quite nasty to be stuck under a car for days on end, starving and bleeding to death.
It’s a very stupid thing to do. Don’t do it again.
Please get the correct tools for the job.
I commend you for working on your own car but do it safely.

Regards,

Patrick

A hat woman working on her NSX!! OMG!! Will you marry me Miss Mermaid?? J/K Nice looking car. Please change the ghetto jack stands you are using though before you get a little too up close and personal with you're X.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Dont ask me how I know.....but I can see that is not her there. :rolleyes:

I think its staged but still makes for hot pic.
I agree, I think it's photoshopped too. The shadowing on her chest (ehem), isn't right

I'm happy to report that both of the Acura dealers that I frequent have at least one female NSX tech. Note that I'm not talking service advisors (of which they also have several), but the mechanics who work on the cars. They're ASE-certified and everything, too.

MiamiMermaid said:
p.s. I've been driving the NSX longer than 99.9% of you :tongue:
I guess that makes me one in a thousand. ;)

Motegi said:
You can get a decent jack at Costco for $99 (3-ton high lift, low profile jack by Larin)
Or this one at Harbor Freight for $70:

you go mermi :biggrin:

sand-dollars & scents...

Less is more...

2-ton adjustable, steel jack-stands (pair)... $9.99 [Wal-Mart]
1.5-ton low-profile chrome floor-jack... $35.99 [Advance Auto Parts]

Those are the least expensive options available.
gear_happy2.gif

If you do decide to go w/ the Harbor Freight 1.5-ton aluminum racing jack that nsxtasy/Ken mentioned ($69.99), get on the email list via their web-site. You can use the 20%-off coupon that is emailed quite often.

Back