• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How did the marketplace on NSXPrime evolve in such way?

Lots of people agreed with me that there are too much censorship going on over there; it is not enjoyable being in there, and the power rested with a few. The reasons I want to know is why:

- According to the majority of the posts, most member here claimed or are adults... very responsible and, in some cases, vey successful adults as a matter of fact. If that is the case, couldn't the marketplace operate on its own without someone, with his or her own discretion, watching over it? Are we children? Did 10 people bought what turn out to be salvaged-title NSX's from here? Most parts transaction went smoothly; and even if a few went bad, did that damage the reputation of NSXPrime somehow? As far as I know, no one is holding NSXPrime responsible for anything, because they know it is a free site. Since this is the way it is, so may I please suggest that NSXPrime would consider leaving the market place to such a level...free site? NSXPrime is great and many went out of their ways and support it, including myself (one way or another), but do we need this kind of supervision given that we are responsible adults? People went out of their way and support many car sites, from Miata all the way up to Ferrari sites, but they usually don't get censor like this. If other car sites can do it, and I hope NSXPrime is not going to tell me, "Why don't you go buy another car and join them?," why can NSXPrime just leave the Marketplace as it is?

Ohh, in case one wonder, my thread never shows up in the Market-forum because I figure Prime needs a couple of days (why?) to check on a "for sale" thread and I submitted the thread two days in advance. I wonder why a man had to beg, somehow resort to a tactic, to hopefully have his thread show up? 30-days rule; can't reply to a 'for sale' thread rule; can't reply to your own rule... Other car forums do it, why can't we? Are we held to a different standard by someone just because we drive and love the NSX?

Forgive me, as I don't mean to snipe; I just say what others would not, and I donot think that my suggestions are somehow offensive or unreasonable, I just don't think men and women who claimed to be adults and treated as adults, on a free site, would require so much supervision. Please educate me, NSXPrime, if I am wrong in any way.

Respectfully yours!

I tend to agree. Especially when you have a question about the car/part - instead of everyone wondering the same thing and contacting the seller directly, then the seller responding 10 different times to 10 different people.

Not to mention waiting a week for your ad to get posted :redface:

I love this site and am only saying this to try and possibly voice some views from members, not to negate the great job this site is doing.

Regards,
Jonny

It is hardly interesting for me putting parts up for sale here as I am from Europe, but I fully agree.
I am on several other Forums too, but have never experienced these tight rules on "for sale" topics.

Why the long approval period?

Why is approval needed? If a forum problem arises with a for sale offered item, a administrator can lock or delete topic when needed.

As long as answers/questions about a for sale offered item are on topic, why not allow them?

Even with it restricted to a listing-only forum, more than half the posts are still junk - people listing a car with no VIN or no price, people trying to "bump" their ad within 30 days, people creating multiple listings for the same item, etc. More than half. Yes most people are mature adults, but most people also do not bother to read any kind of rules or instructions when they want to use something.

In fact, looking at your ads, VietNamNSX, there are several issues such as repeatedly trying to bump them to the top within 30 days, listing the same items in multiple ads, etc. that are not allowed here.

I'm not really inclined to spend a bunch of time going over this again and again. Yes, a lot of other forums run completely open classified ad forums. I don't like the result and don't want it here. If you want more detailed explanation as to why, search back through this NSX Prime discussion forum and there are numerous previous discussions where it is covered.

I understand that the Marketplace system is far from optimal, and improving it is one of my goals. However simply removing moderation and having it work like all those other forums is not in the cards.

Respectfully, but allow me to take a shot at this. First of, I had, for some time, quite a few parts for sale; however, they didn't all were or are available at one time or days...and they take much time to sell. As a result, some parts were sold and others were not. According to the guidelines, if and since I already posted something for sale, I am not going to be able to post something else within a 30 days period... I understand that if everything revolves around the 30-days rule, once one posted an exhaust ad for sale on Thursday, one can't post your rims for sale on Saturday, and another part so on and so forth. If you say that is not the case and I can edit my old 'for sale' ads, I would gladly go back to the oldest ad, which was posted a couple of months ago, and bump it up. Forgive me, is that how you wanted things to be done? You want us to edit and bump up old ads, then it can appear, or would you allow us to post new for sale ad whenever we have a new item?

I just wanted to point out, and in no way trying to somehow guide you, but that people might have a lot of items for sale over a 30-days period, yet not all of them are available at one time, so you can see the needs for editing old post, erasing parts that have been sold, and adding parts that became available.

Yet, I agreed that the 'For sale' forum could potentially get a bit hectic from time to time. However, for example, regarding the Vin or price issues on a car, and I know you did that in good sense, but if a potential buyer is interested, he or she can ask the buyer for hir or her-self (that had happened in many cases anyhow). Why stressing over that stuff on your own? One joined a community like this to learn about a wonderful car, but not necesarry wanted to stress the site owner or his or her-self, over the guidelines of the board. Had NSXPrime become litigated in any of those issues... regarding private dealing between private parties?

Lots of people on here have supported this site, one way or another; we just wanted a site where the owner, and truthfully so, does not need to get involve in private business, and let the parties deal with themselves.... After all, you said we are adults; and I would surmise, that, as adults, we can take responsibility for our own actions.

Of course not, one would not go out of his way and waist his own time, the Prime owner, and others to bring a topic like this to the light. If I didn't think this issue is worthy or need to be brought up, I wouldn't have started. After all, we all have much to achieve in a day, which is rather short....

Moderation is good, in fact, very good, because after all, all men are proned to mistakes, no! However, instead of someone making a post, waited for days, and if it is free of error(s) placed in your guideline, then the post may show up, why wouldn't you allow a post to show up first, then the moderators can modify it if needed? Either way, right now, it would take your moderators days to get to a post, why not let things happen and your moderators can play along and have time to edit posts if needed? Also, people would tell a moderator if there is a problem with a transaction, if they can't deal with it on their own. That would lighten up the workload of the moderators, wouldn't you think? Most transaction happened smoothly here... but we all understand that since we are humans, transactions are not going to happen perfectly from begiining to the end. Since we have already accepted that no transaction could be perfect, why do NSXPrime held us to a different standard?

Moderation is good, but should be only up to a level, don't you think?

Respectfully yours!

Last edited:
Respectfully, but allow me to take a shot at this. First of, I had, for some time, quite a few parts for sale; however, they didn't all were or are available at one time or days...and they take much time to sell. As a result, some parts were sold and others were not. According to the guidelines, if and since I already posted something for sale, I am not going to be able to post something else within a 30 days period... I understand that if everything revolves around the 30-days rule, once one posted an exhaust ad for sale on Thursday, one can't post your rims for sale on Saturday, and another part so on and so forth. If you say that is not the case and I can edit my old 'for sale' ads, I would gladly go back to the oldest ad, which was posted a couple of months ago, and bump it up. Forgive me, is that how you wanted things to be done? You want us to edit and bump up old ads, then it can appear, or would you allow us to post new for sale ad whenever we have a new item?

It seems that this entire issue could be easily avoided by creating a separate ad for each item you are selling. Think of it like an eBay listing - you would not list separate items in the same eBay ad there unless they were being sold as a package. And unlike eBay, it doesn't cost anything to create extra listings here.

One item per ad seems much easier to manage for everybody involved. Further, by having the name of the item in the subject instead of something vague like "parts for sale," a person interested in what you are selling is more likely to notice your ad.

However, instead of someone making a post, waited for days, and if it is free of error(s) placed in your guideline, then the post may show up, why wouldn't you allow a post to show up first, then the moderators can modify it if needed?

Again, this has been discussed repeatedly - please search. If I can improve the fundamental way the Marketplace works I will consider it, but not as it stands now.

Moderation is good, but should be only up to a level, don't you think?

Yes, unfortunately people's definition of the appropriate level is different.

It seems that this entire issue could be easily avoided by creating a separate ad for each item you are selling. Think of it like an eBay listing - you would not list separate items in the same eBay ad there unless they were being sold as a package. And unlike eBay, it doesn't cost anything to create extra listings here.

One item per ad seems much easier to manage for everybody involved. Further, by having the name of the item in the subject instead of something vague like "parts for sale," a person interested in what you are selling is more likely to notice your ad.

I think this could work. So, from now on, why don't we do an ad for each separate item? If that is the case, would you allow us on this board, and me, in this particular situation to go back and list each item in its own ad? Like you stated and I concured, this will be easier for a potential buyer and the moderators.... Be warn, however though, that the moderators will see lots of ads on his screen on some days, and (little on others).

Respectfully yours!

I would like to know if there is a way to speed up the approval time for classified ads.

thanks

Rav

Per the rules:
Why Didn't My Ad/Reply Show Up? All posts in the Marketplace forums must be approved by a moderator before they will show up. We have several moderators, but they are unpaid volunteers with real lives so it can take a couple days. You will receive an automated PM from the system when your post is approved (or deleted) by a moderator. If you haven't received a PM, your ad is still awaiting moderation. Please be patient. If you do not understand why an ad was deleted, please re-read the rules and if you are still confused, contact a moderator and ask before re-submitting to avoid wasting your time and theirs.

Per the rules:
All posts in the Marketplace forums must be approved by a moderator before they will show up. We have several moderators, but they are unpaid volunteers with real lives so it can take a couple days.

Forgive me, but isn't that more the reason why what we discussed in this thread, the changes needed to be make, should be implemented!

Per the rules:
Why Didn't My Ad/Reply Show Up? All posts in the Marketplace forums must be approved by a moderator before they will show up. We have several moderators, but they are unpaid volunteers with real lives so it can take a couple days. You will receive an automated PM from the system when your post is approved (or deleted) by a moderator. If you haven't received a PM, your ad is still awaiting moderation. Please be patient. If you do not understand why an ad was deleted, please re-read the rules and if you are still confused, contact a moderator and ask before re-submitting to avoid wasting your time and theirs.

This is not the answer to the question I am asking, and not in reference to a specific ad. I am asking if the 7 day delay for classified adds is necessary and how the approval time could be sped up.

thanks

Ravi

that delay is due to lack of time by the mods ....

every other reason has been pointed out and declined ...

I am asking if the 7 day delay for classified adds is necessary and how the approval time could be sped up.
There is no "7 day delay". Ads must be approved by moderators. Sometimes it takes 2-3 days, and sometimes it happens within hours.

The approval time could be sped up quicker than that if everybody paid enough money that full-time, paid moderators could be hired to sit around and wait for classified posts. Other than that, I'm amazed at how people can't wait a couple of days for their posts to appear on a board that's FREE.

I'm amazed at how people can't wait a couple of days for their posts to appear on a board that's FREE.

I am even more amazed that the biggest complainers are the ones who like to take advantage of Lud's generosity for hosting this free site and yet fail to make any contributions for its upkeep. I noticed that the OP has a trader rating which means that sales have been conducted but yet no financial contribution to Prime has been made. How about giving back to the community that you are so quick to criticize?

I am not complaining and I think I deserve a response that is not snide or pointed. I am simply asking why the delay and there is absolutely no reason to get defensive and respond in such a manner.

Honestly I feel like I am getting attacked for asking a reasonable question.

"Attack"? NOOOway

I am not complaining and I think I deserve a response that is not snide or pointed. I am simply asking why the delay and there is absolutely no reason to get defensive and respond in such a manner.

Honestly I feel like I am getting attacked for asking a reasonable question.

Lud's site,Free site,volunteer mods,,,,,sellers plan acordingly:confused: If you need quicker action try e-bay:rolleyes:

Forgive me, but isn't that more the reason why what we discussed in this thread, the changes needed to be make, should be implemented!

Changes need to be made? Who decided that? I know of only one person that decides changes, and he has spoken (check post #4)

If you are unhappy with NSXPrimes rules and policies, there are sites that allow instant gratification> Craigslist, eBay etc.

I'll echo DocJohn: Free site, unpaid volunteers and the finest community I have ever been a part of :biggrin:

I am even more amazed that the biggest complainers are the ones who like to take advantage of Lud's generosity for hosting this free site and yet fail to make any contributions for its upkeep. I noticed that the OP has a trader rating which means that sales have been conducted but yet no financial contribution to Prime has been made. How about giving back to the community that you are so quick to criticize?

How would you know, sir, that I have not donated any money or supported the site in any way? There are reasons why a title claiming "I have given the site money" is not all that important to me. Such a man like me doesn't need a title bestow on me by anybody. Beside, a site can be supported by many methods, such as introducing people to it and urging them to use it and handle the site how they see fit, (whether giving or not).... This is, after all, a car site, like many, many, where the site is free for usuage. If it is your thing and it brings you pleasure to earn a title, "I am...," please, be all mean. I am not criticizing, I said what others would not. Who are you, sir, to make demands? I have seen the standards of various people through-out my life, I hope that my opinions of you must be mistaken, sir.

Have a good day!

Changes need to be made? Who decided that? I know of only one person that decides changes, and he has spoken (check post #4)

I'll echo DocJohn: Free site, unpaid volunteers and the finest community I have ever been a part of :biggrin:

Sir, you quoted the site administrator wrong, as he said he will look into ways to improve it... and at this moment, there are still usages for moderators.

It is a good site, but none-the-less, and I hope it was the administrator's vision when he created this site, just like many car site administrators, that it will be a fun, full of knowledge, and free site. I wouldn't dare to think that any thoughts regarding money would enter the mind of this administrator once he decided to open up this board; so please, it would be childish for me to think any of us here would wager our reputation on how much money we have put into this site, (or any other for that matter).

How would you know, sir, that I have not donated any money or supported the site in any way? There are reasons why a title claiming "I have given the site money" is not all that important to me. Such a man like me doesn't need a title bestow on me by anybody. Beside, a site can be supported by many methods, such as introducing people to it and urging them to use it and handle the site how they see fit, (whether giving or not).... This is, after all, a car site, like many, many, where the site is free for usuage. If it is your thing and it brings you pleasure to earn a title, "I am...," please, be all mean. I am not criticizing, I said what others would not. Who are you, sir, to make demands? I have seen the standards of various people through-out my life, I hope that my opinions of you must be mistaken, sir.

1. I know you have not contributed to the site financially because Prime acknowledges donors with that title that you apparently go out of your way to avoid earning.

2. Your idea of "supporting the site" is to take advantage of the fact that is free and transact business for your personal financial gain. That solipsistic trait may provide self support but does nothing to "support the site".

3. You are indeed criticizing with your tone in your opening post which starts wtih the antagonistic salvo "Lots of people agreed with me that there are too much censorship going on over there; it is not enjoyable being in there, and the power rested with a few. " Just as this site is free, so are you free to conduct business elsewhere if you do not like how a free site is managed.

4. I have not made any demands, merely observations. Those observations include the fact that you choose to feel a sense of entitlement without justification. If this were my free site, I would have simply suspended your account and suggested you look for someone else to take advantage of.

Perhaps you should add the words "please" and "thank you" to your vocabulary.

Bob go easy on him:wink: ,,he only has 22 thread starts,80% of which pertain to his selling some piece of his car,and then the whole car:confused: With 66 total posts 90% have been about selling his parts and car or complaining about his banking institution:confused: Alex,please I know it sounds like we are ganging up on you but you've got to expect this type of response when faced with your post history and the nature of this particular gripe.So laugh a little,and learn a little:cool:

1. I know you have not contributed to the site financially because Prime acknowedges donors with that title that you apparently go out of your way to avoid earning.

How would you know I have not? Do you think all screen name on the board stay the same over time... because people donated, left, then came back (but I still don't care for the title). Like I stated and I don't think it should be brought up again, but we all know where my opinions of you lied.

2. Your idea of "supporting the site" is to take advantage of the fact that is free and transact business for your personal financial gain. That solipsistic trait may provide self support but does nothing to "support the site".

Supporting is defined differently by each member. If you happened to think money and define make a man; hey, that is your thing....

Perhaps you should add the words "please" and "thank you" to your vocabulary.

I am very comfortable in my own skin, and very confident in my ability to let people know what I think--just like my extreme #Respect# for you.....

I am very comfortable in my own skin, and very confident in my ability to let people know what I think

Perhaps your should reconsider your sense of self-important confidence and realize that your methods of letting people know what you think are in the tenor of demands rather than suggestions.

Back