• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you choose the proper anti-sway bars?

NSXGMS said:
...As with all "major" upgrades, drive a car with the suspension you're interested in before jumping that far, especially with things like suspensions & clutches. :biggrin:

I would love to....just no real selection of modified NSX's around here. :(

Anymore input?? From what I have read here I may just add the Comptech sway bars with my existing setup and see what happens.

CT or SOS sway is your best bet with your existing setup. That way you get adjustability with the bars and don't have to change other stuff.

Meeyatch1 said:
Thank for the detailed feedback...here are my goals and current set-up.

1.) Reduce body roll and reduce some of the understeer the car has. I am running stock 16/17 wheels and tire sizes now, but may upgrade to a 17/18 setup later with appropriate tire sizes.

2.) I am okay with a stiff ride as long as it delivers performance. I will drive 98% street with some track. I drive very fast all the time so I want the handling and will compromise ride comfort for it.

Right now I have Bilstein shocks on the upper perch with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Everything else on the suspension is stock....for now... :tongue:

How is 17/18 wheels an upgrade? If you're going to do this, do it first, then figure out what you want your suspension to do and how you want your car to drive.

Also, doesn't a thicker front bar mean less front roll but more understeer? Is it understeer you're trying to dial out and/or are you trying to get crisper turn in?

Less bodyroll means a stiffer ride. With 17/18's, that's an ever stiffer ride.

Hrant said:
Zanardi springs or Dali's springs are no match to the Bilsteins you have; you will need Koni or Zanardi shocks - but then again why if you are 98% street driving!

I'm curious as to why the Bilsteins won't support the Zanardi spring rates...

Zanardi 363lb F / 279lb R .5" drop
Tanabe GF210's 319lb F/269lb R 1.3" drop

So is it to be assumed that Tanabe GF210's are overkill for Bilsteins too? I'm wondering where you get this info. Dali's site shows that the Bilsteins are matched to the Zanardi spring rates just as much as the Koni's. http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/suspension/more_springs_matrix.cfm

Last edited:
Re: NSX-R chassis/frame bars & (F+R) adj. sways is my advice!

Osiris_x11 said:
(i.) You'll quickly lose interest in your NSX if you decide to go w/ the NSX-R suspension... :frown: It's impractical for any NSX that see's more than 50% street use. Possibly it maybe appreciated on an occasional high-speed off-ramp or cloverleaf interchange, otherwise it'll be like riding in a car w/ no shocks or springs!

I have to disagree. I have had the '02 NSX-R shocks & springs on my car for about a year and a half now, don't track my car, and like my NSX better than ever! I find the NSX-R suspension to be reasonably comfortable around town. It even passed the wife test-- she noticed it rides harder than before, but has never really complained about it when riding along.

When I first had the NSX-R shocks & springs installed I continued to use my Dali "Race" sway bars. I found this combination to be far too stiff. I later switched back to the stock '91 sway bars and found the combination of those and the NSX-R shocks/springs about perfect. (I guess this shouldn't be too surprising since the stock sways and NSX-R sways are similar thickness)

You do not have to be a track rat to gain benefit from the NSX-R setup. With the many interesting winedy mountain roads around here, I notice a big improvement in how crisp and confident my car feels in the corners. However, if you live in an area where the most exciting stretch of street available is a highway off-ramp, then I would agree that the NSX-R setup may be a waste.

Back