• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you guys feel about the new Ford GT...?

Since it really doesn't have any lineage to the GT40, I'd say it will be judged independently on its racing/road merits. Then in ~2057 (if there are still combustion engine cars) Ford will make a retro version that will be as valuable as the GTs are today.

Only flaw that I can see now is that the consumer version is missing a V8.

Lame.

Only possible additional flaw I see is too much similarity to Angry Birds in the rear shot, to where it looks friendly and happy instead of aggressive like the ~2005. Better than the BMW i8/Porsche rearend mashup though.

image-jpg.2481

IMHO, the new GT is a home run. It's doing on the track what the 1967,8 and 9 did. It's priced high, and you still won't be able to get one. On top of that, Ford is going to control the resale as well. Yes, it's a twin turbo 6 cylinder, not an 8, but it's still going to outperform on the track and the street. It's doing everything that Ford wanted it to, and then some. Yes, I love my 05, and while I'm not going to even try and get the new one, as it's price point, would make me to scared to drive it (I'm nervous enough driving my 05, with the values where they are currently, and the idiots on the road that cut off everything in sight, including me to get a picture), and in MHO, the only reason to get a car, is to drive it!!! The car is gorgeous, like all supercars, you can no longer get one with 3 pedals, which is also something I want in my "toys". If someone wants to gift me one, I will fight to find room for it, and I'll struggle, but I'll drive it too!!!

It has some cool looks. A lot of which I do not like though. For a 1/2 million dollar base price for a V6? Seriously, a freaking V6???? That I completely do not understand. Coupled with the fact that Ford needs an approved resume from you to buy one. Ehhhhh, car is looking less and less beautiful now. Rather have the previous supercharged V8 beast.

I have a friend that has 4 GT's in in stable. Incredible cars. Apparently he has an addiction.:tongue: He actually use to be an active member here.

Back