• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to build a super car - by McLaren on MP4-12C

I was very happy to see a Honda logo on one of their F1 cars standing in the lobby.

Thanks for posting this!

An amazing video. I can't imagine what Ferrari is feeling after watching it..lol

I would love to see a video like this for the NSX, it would have been the greatest commercial they make.

What an amazing video... Great find.

When I see stuff like this especially cars being assembled from start to finish, it astounds me that they don't cost more than they do. When you consider how many parts/people are involved to make one car and they run so reliable, it's just unbelievable.

Here's photos of the Mclaren dealership (next to the Fisker one) near my 'hood:

1995-mclaren-f1-front-three-quarters.jpg

McLarenMP4-12CLiveFrontEnd.jpg

Couple minutes each way and it's Ferrari and Lambo this and that and Veyron and ...... well I'm quite bored of seeing these cars.

I want to see the Zonda and be done with it....

Thanks for the post....honestly, the car is not as exciting as the old production. I am more excited on the management, the team, and the facility.

Anyone see the Top Gear review of the Mclaren?

Jeremy said it was boring in the appearance and I haven't disagreed with his opinions. That man keeps it real.

Some cars have this "wow" part in a certain category, even if the MP4-12C doesn't have that it's still a remarkable piece of engineering. I wouldn't mind owning one, they even have one in a color that looks similar to the Honda's silverstone:).

Some cars have this "wow" part in a certain category, even if the MP4-12C doesn't have that it's still a remarkable piece of engineering. I wouldn't mind owning one, they even have one in a color that looks similar to the Honda's silverstone:).

jeremey did say that the engineering was great, especially the suspension technology where it absorbed the bumps to make the car feel like a Rolls Royce in terms of ride comfort, yet it was their second best handling car on the track.

Anyone see the Top Gear review of the Mclaren?

Jeremy said it was boring in the appearance and I haven't disagreed with his opinions. That man keeps it real.
He's an opinionated ham-fisted buffon who's great for entertainment/television. I'd rather hear a driver's take on it like Tiff Needell. Actually, i'd just rather drive one and back to back it with a 458.

He's an opinionated ham-fisted buffon who's great for entertainment/television. I'd rather hear a driver's take on it like Tiff Needell. Actually, i'd just rather drive one and back to back it with a 458.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ahsIOVx93zs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comparing it to the 458 neither Plato nor Needell wasn't that happy, the 458 must be an amazing car.

Last edited:

It appears that the TCS system helps in the driving experience.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ahsIOVx93zs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comparing it to the 458 neither Plato nor Needell wasn't that happy, the 458 must be an amazing car.
Thats what I was looking for. I seem to be a bit behind on Top & 5th gear videos. Great review.

Back