• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

How to get out of your NSX fashionably?

ak

Legendary Member
I'm embarrassed to say this but when I come out of my NSX, I look like a new born baby horse. Meaning, I come out all limping and off balance. I've yet to master the tasteful and graceful exit of my car....How do you guys do it!? I don't know where to hold on to as I don't wanna leave finger prints all over my car.

You gotta exit the car wearing a long coat with the wind billowing a la Nicholas Cage-style in Face Off before he gets on the plane. Then you stroll away slowly like you just stepped out of a John Woo film.

NSXFury

Originally posted by ak:
I'm embarrassed to say this but when I come out of my NSX, I look like a new born baby horse. Meaning, I come out all limping and off balance. I've yet to master the tasteful and graceful exit of my car....How do you guys do it!? I don't know where to hold on to as I don't wanna leave finger prints all over my car.

Originally posted by ak:
I don't know where to hold on to as I don't wanna leave finger prints all over my car.

You may want to push off the leather sill cover (thing with the gas door opener switch) with your left hand while standing up. Also, slinging BOTH legs over the sill first also helps.

I usually sling my leftleg over and put my left hand on the sill cover. I will push off with my left arm while standing up. I will then drag my right leg over the sill, being careful not to kick the steering wheel with my heel. This is usually very quick and easy. Im usually out of the car before the passenger even though I have to wait for the windows to roll up.

I havent figured out the passenger side yet, but I almost never have to use it. I think the fastest way out is to open the door while the car is going 20+ and then dive out the side. Roll when you hit the ground. Get up and dust yourself off. Dont do this unless you are in the slow lane =)

Ahhh... the dilemma of the graceful exit. If you think it's tough in the NSX, try falling out of the cage in a lowered 90 corvette.
Remids me of the scene in Ace Ventura 2 when he squeezes out of the rhino's butt. that scene has me in tears every time.

View
View

Anyway, my preference is to put the left leg out, use my left hand against the side of the car as leverage, and just use that left leg strength to lift your self up out of the seat without having to claw at the steering wheel or aything else. It's pretty easy once you do it for a while and get used to using your left leg that way.
In any case, how can you concentrate on what I'm writing while looking at that pic.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 21 August 2001).]

I usually swing both legs out, reach back with my left arm and put it on the top of the seat back (just next to the headrest), and then use that arm to pull myself up. This is quick and smooth, but I've often wondered if that portion of the seats can take the weight.

Ilya, are you thinking about changing your avatar again???

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 21 August 2001).]

Ilya, are you thinking about changing your avatar again???

How about a photo of the nitrous bottle coming out of... ewwww, never mind.
biggrin.gif

lol! What can I say, photoshop is fun.
No, I'll be keeping this one as long as I have NOS. Once I save up enough for a turbo or SC then I'll change it. Maybe something John Woo inspired with white doves. the white turbo... ok, I'm salivating on the keyboard again...
biggrin.gif

Nsxtasy, you know I almost took you up on your offer... Almost. In the respect of this forum and good taste I decided against it.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 21 August 2001).]

Ilya, I'm glad to say that I don't look as bad as that Jim Carrey pic.. that is disgusting yet funny...

Still I guess i'm doing better than the first time I drove the car...I hit my forehead on the door window....

Time to hit the gym so my puny legs will be strong enough to pull me off the seat.

After you open the door rotate your body towards the rear of the car and continue that direction as you stand uphold the shoulder of the seat if you need to. There is alot more room to move that way.

Back