• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to Not F--k Up an NSX! Track Ready / Street Friendly / Supercharged - MotoIQ

Enjoyed the video very informative on how to make a proper street/track nsx. Wish you were on the east coast so we could meet up.

Very nice informative video, nice build
thank you for posting link.

Thanks guys. The process was fun but i'm glad i'm pretty much done with it. Just lots of smiles per mile as they say.
@Andr3w - That's about the lightest I can get it without compromising streetability which is subjective of course. The easy ones were getting rid or changing, exhaust, seats, bumper beams, wheels/brakes, and pop-up headlights. The car could be a bunch lighter w/o the pneumatic axle lift in the front, supercharger, under panels, etc.

Last edited:
How are you liking the S2000 cluster Regan? I am thinking of swapping to this to match my gauge art stack. I really love the analog full sweep cluster but the S2000 really steps it up a notch.

Great video! I hope to be able to get to NSXPO this year to see this car in person.

How are you liking the S2000 cluster Regan? I am thinking of swapping to this to match my gauge art stack. I really love the analog full sweep cluster but the S2000 really steps it up a notch.
Honestly, I have a love hate relationship with the OEM cluster. I love it's classic looks and there's a certain romance and nostalgia to circular sweep gauges. However, driving it aggressively, i HATE. It's more difficult to manage redline and VTEC. With the sweep gauges I tend to hit the fuel cut/rev limiter more often than i'd like. There's simply just too much inherent smoothing in sweep gauges. The S2K cluster is exact, clearly visible, and more compact to see thru and within a smaller Momo steering wheel.

What people sometimes don't realize is with a digital gauge it tends to display exactly the RPM. So say you're revving up quickly.. 3,000rpm to 4400 to 6300... well the rpm will display faster than the slower sweep needles. This has really helped me manage redline better. I hardly ever hit redline anymore but I get a lot closer to it now.

If this was simply a street cruiser i'd keep the classic style sweep gauges.

Great job!
Thanks for your contribution to the community Billy.

Great video! I hope to be able to get to NSXPO this year to see this car in person.
It would be my honor. If we're doing track days together please hit me up for a ride. Happy to take you around if you'd like (i'm not that fast of a driver though)

[MENTION=31260]Jinks[/MENTION] - @Johan@SjoebergDP also programmed the temp gauge to read accurately too. I believe he took out the weird scaling/ramp-up the original NSX temp gauge has.

attachment.php

Just watched your video. You are a natural! Nicely done sir. And just when I thought I was done with my car. Damn you.

Thanks for posting, I thoroughly enjoyed it! What brand of hood is that and how much massaging did it take to fit so well? This is what my car aspires to be like when it grows up!

Thanks for posting, I thoroughly enjoyed it! What brand of hood is that and how much massaging did it take to fit so well? This is what my car aspires to be like when it grows up!
Hi, that's an older Procar hood.

If you have a not so perfect fitting hood. I can relate. This is the 3rd 02+ hood I tried and I was losing hope. This one about 9-9.5/10 like stock. Quite happy with it.

Hi, that's an older Procar hood.

If you have a not so perfect fitting hood. I can relate. This is the 3rd 02+ hood I tried and I was losing hope. This one about 9-9.5/10 like stock. Quite happy with it.
Ahhh....Procar, nuff said. Haven't gotten one yet due to many of the fitment issues I've seen. Looks like if I'm going to get one I'll just have to pony up. Thanks Regan!

awesome video - watched the entire thing, which is a testament to how informative it was - as always great job on the car.

the video needs umbrella girls.......

Great video, very informative.

Quick question though, isn't the JDM set just shorter 2nd-3rd-4th gears?

Keep up the good work!

I believe you are correct. It's been a while but in my head I always seem to think a 5spd 1-4 is basically the same as 1-4 in a 6spd. I'm grossly generalizing though i'm sure to be more accurate I believe the 1st gear is the same in USDM and JDM 5spds.

Someone check me :)
[MENTION=4282]docjohn[/MENTION] - they cut that out.
Great video, very informative.

Quick question though, isn't the JDM set just shorter 2nd-3rd-4th gears?

Keep up the good work!

Back