• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got a new baby!

1999 Berlina Black, 56k and tastefully modded (imo)....

This is my dream car. I owned a 1993 Acura Integra that I maintained and put 150k on for 6 years commuting to college. I love Hondas and am a passionate fan of their products (wife drives an RDX), so obv to me, this is the ultimate!!!

I want to thank Mr. Tri Nguyen (2jznsx) for selling it to me. Mr. John Vasos at Acura of Brookfield for personally inspecting the car on short notice (and Alex for taking that nice pic in the shop- see attached :)) and Woodside Credit Collector Car Financing for offering an extended term loan that made for extremely attractive monthly payments.

I feel like I hit the lottery with this car! I searched all over the U.S., nsxprime, autotrader, and cars.com and found this beauty in my very own zip code!

I have a few kinks to work out (cel w/test pipes and a/c blower) but other than that, the motor is stock and untouched (my brother was a mechanic at Acura of Brookfield for a number of years so he will help with the maintenance).

Mods include: (so far to my knowledge lol)
Downforce CF Hood (Painted)
Downforce CF Front Lip (Painted)
Downforce Type R CF Spoiler
Difflow Diffuser
18"/19" Volk GT-V Rims with custom offsets and Michelin Pilot SuperSport Tires
KW V3 Coilovers
02+ Conversion (front and rear) using all OEM parts down to the nuts, bolts, etc.
SOS Zanardi Shift Knob
Comptech Suspension Brace
Pride V1 Exhaust w Test Pipes
Four-corner balanced

"Search" and this forum are definitely my friends, but I wanted introduce myself (My name's Jake btw), my new car, and I look forward to the journey...

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2_4.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_4.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 499
  • 2012-07-30_16-16-06_960.jpg
    2012-07-30_16-16-06_960.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 508
  • 20120810_205516.jpg
    20120810_205516.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Congrats. I actually made an offer on the car in June. Tri decided to keep it at the time. It's definitely a good car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

a huge congrats... that nsx was one of my favs. BEAUTIFULLY modified. totally blows me away that you found that car in your area!

Congrats!, enjoy the new ride. Be prepared for all the stares, photos, videos people will take while you are driving, parked, gettting gas, etc....

Looks Great!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and compliments! :)

Congrats Jake! She's very pretty! How long had you been looking for an NSX?

Thanks! I mean, I really only looked during June and July. I've always known I wanted one and I'm relatively familiar with them. I really wasn't expecting to be able to get an NSX just yet in life but I knew I wanted nice summer toy and I'm just barely too big for an s2000 so I took the plunge and this car fit the profile of what I wanted to a T. :biggrin:

Congrats. I actually made an offer on the car in June. Tri decided to keep it at the time. It's definitely a good car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Yes, Tri told me someone had come up from IL that ended up with a Red '03...Did yours come SC when you bought it?

Congrats again Jake. Nice talking to you at the StanceWi meet last weekend. Can't wait to see the car next time.

Hey Ryan, yeah great meeting you and your wife as well! I will def try to make it out for the Coffee and Cars meet in Sept.

Last edited:
Thanks! I mean, I really only looked during June and July, I wasn't expecting to be able to get an NSX just yet in life but I knew I wanted nice summer toy and I'm just barely too big for an s2000 so I took the plunge and this car fit the profile of what I wanted to a T. :biggrin:

Very cool! I only asked because I see that you registered in 2007, so I wasn't sure if you had been hunting for a while. Glad to see that you finally got one! :smile:

Yes, Tri told me someone had come up from IL that ended up with a Red '03...Did yours come SC when you bought it?

Yep, mine came supercharged. I was hoping to get Tri's and supercharge it. After driving the non-sc, the extra kick is entertaining. Plus I have a 300zx twin turbo that's got some mods to push it to around 340 rwhp (just a guess). So the non-sc seemed a little underpowered to me.

The only downside in the SC, if you want to call it that, is that the NSX sounds awesome at >5000 RPM and with the SC, I'm usually going way over the speed limit by the time I get over 5k. :)

SWEET!!! Congrats.

Very cool! I only asked because I see that you registered in 2007, so I wasn't sure if you had been hunting for a while. Glad to see that you finally got one! :smile:

Yeah, I registered in 2007 when I got my first decent job because owning an NSX was always on my radar....I want several, like you :smile:.....one of every color for (na1/na2), some supercharged, maybe a turbocharged one or two......once I win the lottery (and buy tabasco's too lol):D

Yep, mine came supercharged. I was hoping to get Tri's and supercharge it. After driving the non-sc, the extra kick is entertaining. Plus I have a 300zx twin turbo that's got some mods to push it to around 340 rwhp (just a guess). So the non-sc seemed a little underpowered to me.

The only downside in the SC, if you want to call it that, is that the NSX sounds awesome at >5000 RPM and with the SC, I'm usually going way over the speed limit by the time I get over 5k. :)

Geez, ya I can't even imagine!? :eek: I mean, I already feel that way and I have a stock setup!! I don't have much to compare it to though so I like it alot :Forrest Gump voice

Great looking car! A set of 02+ side skirts would complete the entire look for sure!

Great looking car! A set of 02+ side skirts would complete the entire look for sure!

+1 finish it off with some side skirts (some stacy's side skirts just popped up painted BB- they would go well with the aggressive front lip and rear diffuser). And I love this car so congrats you lucky dog! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thank you both, and I agree part of me wants to do the skirts and part of me likes it the way it is!

If anything i'm leaning toward oem cuz i like it clean, clean, clean! But for now I will leave it be for a while.

:)

Thank you both, and I agree part of me wants to do the skirts and part of me likes it the way it is!

If anything i'm leaning toward oem cuz i like it clean, clean, clean! But for now I will leave it be for a while.

:)

Normally I'd agree on the 02 side skirts, but the lip makes it lower than the regular 02 lip so the Stacy skirts would go along with the tuner look you've already got flowin' :biggrin: Your call, both would be nice.

I discussed this with jcbadcura previously that I used to drool over this car. Its still listed on Autotrader..lol.. Previous owner decided to keep it, but then decided to sell... LUCKY JAKE!!!

go staceys or gt-one. check out eac's ride to see what the gt-one skirts do for a black nsx :)

Normally I'd agree on the 02 side skirts, but the lip makes it lower than the regular 02 lip so the Stacy skirts would go along with the tuner look you've already got flowin' :biggrin: Your call, both would be nice.

Back