• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I miss my nsx :(

Ive been driving an sti for the last 9 months after I sold the nsx and I really miss it. My sti is way faster in every way than my nsx was but I dont get the feeling I did with the nsx. Im thinking about selling it and getting another early model nsx.

Ive been driving an sti for the last 9 months after I sold the nsx and I really miss it. My sti is way faster in every way than my nsx was but I dont get the feeling I did with the nsx. Im thinking about selling it and getting another early model nsx.

why did you sell it in the begining?

well I wanted something newer and lower mileage, since mine had 105k miles, but new kinda sucks now lol. I also wanted something with 4 doors and a trunk since I only have one car, but I barely ever use my backseat and never put more in the trunk than I fit in the nsx. Also the cost of mods for the nsx was frustrating to me, but the car was good from the beginning. With the sti I feel like I am modding the hell out of it trying to make it something it isnt meant to be.

Last edited:
Yeah the sti is a great piece of engineering there is no question, but it doesnt give the feeling that my nsx did. Even 3 years after I bought the nsx I still looked forward to driving it every day. I dont get that at all with the sti. Its like the sti is a machine, but the nsx is a work of art.

Yeah but its not abstract art like a ferrari. I have decided to sell the sti so ill be looking for a new nsx in a couple months. Ill be incapacitated after knee surgery again this summer, same as last summer, so I will use that time to search for the perfect nsx. Plus this time around I am much more knowledgeable with what to look for on the car before I buy. I am thinking black would be nice this time around. The only thing I will miss is the brute force of the sti, which has 380whp right now.

Yeah the sti is a great piece of engineering there is no question, but it doesnt give the feeling that my nsx did. Even 3 years after I bought the nsx I still looked forward to driving it every day. I dont get that at all with the sti. Its like the sti is a machine, but the nsx is a work of art.

well.... look at my avatar :wink: :wink:

Definitely nothing wrong with high miles. I'm rolling around in my 3000GT still at 140k. Had her since she was 56k. Just trying to catch up on all my bills before I make the jump to a sub 60k mile NSX. :p

my first comment is What were you thinking ? give up a NSX for a STI ?

I think , most of us here have another car besides the NSX. That car should be your utility car. Mine is a Pathfinder. It does it all , ski car with my buddies, house chores, you name it. But when I want to cruise in style , I take my NSX. JMHO.

Dude, bad call. Good luck rectifying the situation.

Yeah but its not abstract art like a ferrari. I have decided to sell the sti so ill be looking for a new nsx in a couple months. Ill be incapacitated after knee surgery again this summer, same as last summer, so I will use that time to search for the perfect nsx. Plus this time around I am much more knowledgeable with what to look for on the car before I buy. I am thinking black would be nice this time around. The only thing I will miss is the brute force of the sti, which has 380whp right now.

Getting 380RWHP out of an NSX is not hard you know?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86180

This is probably the most extreme case but this just shows what a great platform the NSX truly is. Most people don't know you can get this kind of power out of a 3.0-3.2L engine. Even with doing just intake/headers/exhaust can give you lots of gains.

my first comment is What were you thinking ? give up a NSX for a STI ?

I think , most of us here have another car besides the NSX. That car should be your utility car. Mine is a Pathfinder. It does it all , ski car with my buddies, house chores, you name it. But when I want to cruise in style , I take my NSX. JMHO.

The STI its not that bad...my sisters boyfriend has one and its a fun car to play with. No matter how fast that car is..its doesn't fell smooth and doesn't connect you to the road like the NSX. I would never give up my NSX for a STI!!

Welcome back and good luck with your search (and surgery). Like someone said, you should have a utility vehicle to drive also. It doesn't have too be a super nice vehicle, remember you will have a NSX. Mine is a small 2001 ford SUV, i hardly ever drive it. My miles are in a company vehicle to the tune of about 200 miles a day.

Getting 380RWHP out of an NSX is not hard you know?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86180

This is probably the most extreme case but this just shows what a great platform the NSX truly is. Most people don't know you can get this kind of power out of a 3.0-3.2L engine. Even with doing just intake/headers/exhaust can give you lots of gains.

Yeah I know anything is possible with the right amount of money, but the cost:performance ratio is not as good as the nsx obviously. I have spent ~3k on performance mods for the sti and could easily go over 400whp with a couple more pounds of boost. I am sick of the lag of my big turbo though, and I miss the response of the high strung na engine. As for the utility vehicle my parents let me borrow their volvo suv when I need a bigger car, which isnt very often so its no big deal. I drove the nsx for 3 years daily so I know how to make it work.

you're right about having a 2nd car. Mine is 95 Integra GSR w/139k on the clock and running as good as ever.

Yeah I know anything is possible with the right amount of money, but the cost:performance ratio is not as good as the nsx obviously. I have spent ~3k on performance mods for the sti and could easily go over 400whp with a couple more pounds of boost. I am sick of the lag of my big turbo though, and I miss the response of the high strung na engine. As for the utility vehicle my parents let me borrow their volvo suv when I need a bigger car, which isnt very often so its no big deal. I drove the nsx for 3 years daily so I know how to make it work.

Nice - well good luck man... Yea I'm thinking of getting a 2nd car for the daily commute back and fourth to and from work - maybe a hybrid or an SUV haha

Bah second cars are overrated.

Like I said a bunch of times, people that have older NSX's look at it as a 30K car, not realizing what they really have on their hands.

The other thing is that your NSX had zero depreciation, but the STI will take a hit for sure. Its allright... we forgive you. :biggrin:

I have a 140k on my 97 NSX. Its my DD :)

Like I said a bunch of times, people that have older NSX's look at it as a 30K car, not realizing what they really have on their hands.

The other thing is that your NSX had zero depreciation, but the STI will take a hit for sure. Its allright... we forgive you. :biggrin:

I know what you mean. I bought the nsx drove it for 3 years put 20k miles on it and sold it for $800 less than I paid. Whatever at least I realized my mistake soon enough that I will only take a few thousand hit from selling the sti.

Reading this tread is like a blast from the past. Back in 2000, I picked up a bone stock 94 NSX. I could not believe I owned this great car. However, getting together with other owners, I immediately felt the need to mod. I have modded every car I've ever owned, but figured this one left stock would be enough. Wow, was I wrong. You can't change who you are I guess. So I whip out the Comptech catalog and start looking for parts. $1,500 for this and $2,000 for that. I'm like , WTF!!! My wife is never going to let me get any of this stuff. I felt sad. Loved my car, just could not customize it the way I wanted to. So, when my kid was on its way, we decided to sell the car. I really wasn't that heart broken. I figured I owned the car and would just move on. Months after my kid was born I had an opportunity to pick up a 300ZX TT for cheap. Added a whole bunch of stuff to it and it was a rocket. 487rwhp!! What a monster this car became. However, no matter what I did to it, I could not make it what I really wanted...another NSX. The car was fast as all hell (something I missed when going to my 94 NSX), handled reasonably well and didn't look half bad. However, the 300 is not an exotic car and was just not for me. I had to have another NSX. This time I grabbed one with all the goodies and my need for modding has been drastically reduced. Not eliminted, just reduced. ha, ha

I can completely understand your jump to a new STi. For cheap $$$ you can make it a true rocket. Its just that is will never be an NSX. 99.9% of non NSX owners cannot understand this. They look at the stats of our cars and write them off as old school. However, the few that get to experience a ride in one usually change their minds. For the money, there really is no better car IMO. Even with a tape deck!!

Back