• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I thought nsx resale values are high

What do you mean? Are you comparing same model years?

Do you mean that an NSX from 1991; 14 years (and 15 years in some cases) old that still can get 30-50% of its original value is not high resale?
How much value does a 1991 Supra hold 14 or 15 years later?

You are not comparing 1991-1993 NSX resale to the 1993-1998 Supra are you?

hahaha 4 words.....
FAST AND THE FURIOUS......

i swear 3 months before that movie came out, 94 supra turbos were like $16k
then after that GD movie they jumped to $33k...

resale value is high because its probably the easiest japanese car to turn into a 9 second drag car (4G63's being the second easiest i think).... i can almost guarantee its not because of anything other than tuner value.....

Hey Dainese,

You think that the Supra's resale values are high, you should see the Enzo's.

Makes the Supra's look like a Ford Taurus's.

92NSX said:
sounds to me like another troll looking to start a debate :mad:

check his profile, he's one of us :wink:

hahah!

ya supras go for 110% of MSRP if you get the 97-98 Twin turbo six speeds :D

I just took a ride in the SL 65 AMG i was thinking of buying..... :eek: I pulled a neck muscle.

dainese51 said:
hahah trolling... definitely not. Im just seeing a lot in auto trader going for almost the same amount of money when purchased new. Just an observation...

I see where you’re coming from, later model TT Supra's are selling for all the money! :eek: Either way, I would much rather buy a comparable NSX for the same money it would take to buy a TT Supra :wink:

lol :D

personal preference. I love the supra but i still think you would be stubid to pay 10% over MSRP.

dainese51 said:
hahah trolling... definitely not. Im just seeing a lot in auto trader going for almost the same amount of money when purchased new. Just an observation...

My apologies. :redface:
You know how the game goes though. :wink:

steveny said:
I can care less about the resale value, but the 91 Supra comparision is a bit miss leading. The MKIV Supra is only available from 93 and up. If you were to look at the total production#s in the State, it would be quite shocking that there are really not that many MKIV Supras compare to NSX.

The price for the Supra is extremely outrageous IMHO, but it is insanely fun to drive, virtually bullet proof reliability, only Japanese car I would take over MKIV Supra is NSX or R34 GT-R, maybe FD RX-7 (if the motor were a bit more reliable).

Actually they are pretty close in price but the NSX is still higher

93 Supra...$27,387 Average price

93 NSX...$29,546 Average price

Note I did not include the two Supras that were priced at an insane 250k :eek:
I did leave in the other obvious low priced scams for both cars.

nsxsupra said:
I can care less about the resale value, but the 91 Supra comparision is a bit miss leading.
I think you meant I can't care less (which really should be could not care less)

blknsxnoc said:
Hey Dainese,

You think that the Supra's resale values are high, you should see the Enzo's.

Makes the Supra's look like a Ford Taurus's.

Try Mclaren F1, they sold for $1 mil new, and they are going for 1.3 Mil used. After 10 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, there are less Supras out there than the NSX. Toyota sold average of 500 supras a year its final four years in the states.

And in 1993 weren't both the Supra Turbo and the NSX $60k cars MSRP before the insane dealership markups??? Looks like the NSX may be winning the resale value battle after all! :biggrin:

surferX said:
And in 1993 weren't both the Supra Turbo and the NSX $60k cars MSRP before the insane dealership markups??? Looks like the NSX may be winning the resale value battle after all! :biggrin:

The Supra was more of a high 30's or low 40's I believe when it first came out.

Also, I think some of the reason for the higher prices is because of the scarcity of some colors/tranny set ups. I know for example that the gun metal gray (silverstone or something) color was very rare for the one year it was made. There were less than 25 total I think made at all in 98 I think, so whenever you see one for sale, there's a good chance it's heavily modded and if it's not the owner is really trying to get a premium for it because it's "one of five left that's stock" or some other crap like that. You can find a red 93 for a fair price out there, but if you go with a rare color, be prepared to fork over the dough. I'd still like to own one sometime in the future though. Seems to be "the other safe bet" in terms of used cars that you can keep for a couple years and not lose any money if you go to sell.

comquat1 said:
The Supra was more of a high 30's or low 40's I believe when it first came out.

Wrong. The Supra TT MSRP was $55k until '96 when they lowered the price by more than $10k by reducing the options packages among other things. At the time it pissed off a lot of '95 Supra TT owners.

Resale on the Supra have been on the decline in the past 6mo., but between the time when FF1 came up til recently, it definitely had one of the highest resale value for any modern car to come out of Japan... it wasn't that long ago that a '98 low mileage stock Supra could fetch pretty close to if not at 100% msrp.

When I sold my Single Turbo 1994 Supra in '01, I got a cool $50,000... and it had 80,000 on the clock. That would translate to a Comptech '98 NSX w/ 80,000 miles on the odo selling today for ~10% over msrp... you just ain't gonna see anything close.

IMO, the Supra is a freak of nature when it comes to resale value. I just sold my '01 Porsche Turbo, and my biz partner had a GT2... you should see the blood bath he took on that puppy. But hey, as long as you enjoyed the car and know what you're getting into, the bottom line is, who cares...

My first NSX experience will start in less than 2 wks... I can't wait... to hell with resale, so long as it puts a big a$$ grin in my face each time!

50k for a 94..... you must have rode that FF1 wave for all it was worth :D.

I was still in high school driving my mom's volvo 850 back then....and i thought that was the sh*t.

Even though I put in $6k in mods after purchasing the single turbo, I still drove it for 6 mo. and made $7k... loved the movie, lol. She was a beaut though...

dawg03.jpg

dawg06.jpg

dawg10.jpg

dawg24.jpg

dawg29.jpg

TTony said:
Wrong. The Supra TT MSRP was $55k until '96 when they lowered the price by more than $10k by reducing the options packages among other things. At the time it pissed off a lot of '95 Supra TT owners.
Actually comquat1 was correct, the dealer's asking price were $38k~$45K new. I was in the market for Supra, 300ZX, 3000GT back then, visited various dealerships. I ended up with 300ZX turbo instead for $42k out the door, not exactly the best choice, but it was my most wanted car at the time.

They did offer huge discount (around $10k) for automatic turbo Supra during the year with no 6spd cars.

Original 93 window sticker for 6spd Turbo Supra:
20.jpg

I was looking at Supras & 3000 GT VR4s in the mid nineties & distinctly remember them in the lower to mid $30K range. Coupled with $3-4K/yr insurance they were too damn expensive.

Back