• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Idealistic Hopes for Scaled Back NSX 2.0

To my knowledge this has not been confirmed at all. But right after expo some here were able to participate in a survey sponsored by Acura where you could read into several of the questions indicating the possibility of such a variant later on down the line. This is pipe dreaming category but I think based off what we know now (which we didn't back then - final price, output, etc.) in addition to many reviews there is now quite a bit to expand on the ideas and questions posed in the survey. For ex. off the top of my head I can think of 3 things that are a tangible market:

1) Price point (110-120K out the door w/less configuration options)
2) Steering response (hydraulic but w/greater feedback)
3) Eliminate electric motors/li-ion battery (significant weight savings) i.e. non-hybrid 2WD ver

What prodded my brain and made me think of the survey was this raw driving impression below and was just reminded of that feeling of crude, on-the-edge excitement/adrenaline when it's you-driving-the-car vs. the car-driving-itself predicament.

Perhaps the days of these kind of cars are dwindling as manufacturers think at the end of the day all we want is lots of drivers-aide and infotainment systems. But surprisingly more and more positive reviews from overseas for the 400 made me think a variant NSX could easily be what this is for driver enthusiasts out there. What the 400 delivers in concept but re-interpreted with bonafide ][-][ [[]] ]]\[[ ]])) //-\\ DNA in a scaled back 2.0 variant in this market segment along w/proven reliability that inspires confidence when pushed...I think demand for is really out there.

I think you are much more likely to see a S2000 with elements borrowed from the NSX, as opposed to a 2wd, non-hybrid NSX variant.

If the gen 2 NSX is successful, I can see them doing a decontented car later in the lifecycle.

I have to believe we will see a Targa and or Vert, incremental power increases (ala GTR) and some form of Type R prior to a lower cost version.

Thanks for sharing the video. I would be interested in obtaining an Evora once it depreciates enough. It's pretty much a modernish 1st gen NSX with a little more power. Nothing really special tho as the 2GR is just plain Jane with an exhaust and supercharger on it. I'd still prefer my 8,000 rpm C series. Very ironic that a Camry was the first car to slow him down...

The S2000 successor sounds like it's going hybrid also so I think the 2WD/RWD version if it will exist, would be a very limited run. I'm willing to bet tho that the S2000 variant will have more non-hybrid trims tho, ala all CTR turbo I-4 power.

- - - Updated - - -

And I meant limited run for 2WD NSX not the purported 4 cylinder mini-NSX which is more likely to receive that version due to higher volume of sales.

With the advent of the Evora 400 and just introduced Evora Sport 410, the market for a used Evora or Evora S could open up slightly with a few owners upgrading to the latest edition. I say "slightly" because so few have been imported to the US. (Less than 1000 total since 2010).

Of these only about 200 estimated are supercharged S models. The good news is that they do take a major depreciation hit and can be relatively affordable, even low mileage examples. Don't expect many 400's to be brought over stateside, so chances of buying used in a couple years may require some patience.

Last edited:
Back