• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If it doesn't sell $5k over MSRP lets make it $10K over jh4na12605s000004

Re: If it doesn't sell $5k over MSRP lets make it $10K over

yeh the seller must really be a moron if he thinks its gonna sell for that much :rolleyes:

Sometimes, reverse marketing works...case in point.

I go to this High End Home Theater store to drool over the Focal Grands and the Krells..The owner picked up another Not so known brand but QUALITY pieces at well below half the price of their top end speaker lines..after 3-4 months of being in the shelves next to the Focals and the likes, NO ONE was buying them.
The owner decided to up the price on these speakers by an Extra 5K per pair and all of a sudden these speakers are a "BARGAIN" and were becoming TOP SELLERS... :eek: ...GO figure!

Mike

Honestly I think that is hilarious about the speaker store. I totally believe that works, this NSX on the other hand, may not sell as fast as the speakers. That interior is bad.

Guys am I missing something..I own an 05 blue with blue interior. The blue interior is beautiful on this car. I bought it from dealer before seeing the interior in person..I was worried it would look cheap, to my suprise the blue is awesome. If you have not seen the blue in person you should give her a look then comment.Check out the vin on this car the dealer has been sitting on this one for a while. My car is #88 and I got my right off the boat 4.5 months ago.

I like the blue interior. I like the exterior (not as much as black). The only problem is the auto tranny. I think the dealer is selling the fact that there were so few auto's, and it's the last one, to offer such a high price. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the price. Some people are "turned on" about rare cars, or "last one's."

I'll be real suprised if he gets the $, besides me it seems most people don't like the automatics, that and you can get a stick for $20,000 less makes it a real hard sell in my book

I agree, I wouldn't want an auto, but some people like to say things like, "Yep, and mine's the last automatic ever built..."

Well, if someone unfamiliar with the car and deep pockets rolls into the dealer and it catches their eye... maybe they negotiate from the 100,000 down to MSRP. Aren't most dealers selling under MSRP? The dealer would still make more money than the average dealer off the car.

Will it sell to a knowledgable NSX guy, not at that price... but it only takes ONE sucker :)

I just called the dealership and they told me the car was sold. I'll have an audio file of the conversation posted a bit later.

Mojorator said:
Sometimes, reverse marketing works...case in point.

I go to this High End Home Theater store to drool over the Focal Grands and the Krells..The owner picked up another Not so known brand but QUALITY pieces at well below half the price of their top end speaker lines..after 3-4 months of being in the shelves next to the Focals and the likes, NO ONE was buying them.
The owner decided to up the price on these speakers by an Extra 5K per pair and all of a sudden these speakers are a "BARGAIN" and were becoming TOP SELLERS... :eek: ...GO figure!

Mike
Haha! Just like HRE wheels :)

Bobolinski, I do agree with you that it probably looks better in person. I know the red looks sweet and I was unsure of the yellow until I saw it in person. THe pics probably don't give it justice.

Re: If it doesn't sell $5k over MSRP lets make it $20!!!!?????

nsxautomatic said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-N...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So they started a month ago at5 k over, it didn't sell , then it was $10k over, and told several "primers" it was sold at that price, lets look again, I'm curious as to what the story really is?
mark

According the an unnamed source at the dealer.... The car was sold to another dealer for $5k over sticker and has already been paid for and delivered.

Re: Automatic for $110K+

Hmmm, Lets see, buy another condo, or a automagic nsx? auto nsx, condo :confused: , auto nsx, condo, :confused: that's a tough one, I might have to get back to you on this one LOL :biggrin:

I also have the blue/blue and choose it over the black/red. I think most people haven't seen it and therefore think it's too much or it doesn't look right.

I've gotten so many compliments I'm glad I didn't go with something else.

According the an unnamed source at the dealer.... The car was sold to another dealer for $5k over sticker and has already been paid for and delivered.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

You have to be kidding.... :eek:

Back