• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If somebody is looking for a rare 97-01 coupe JH4NA2131WT000036

This is not the car that was rolled. I personally inspected the car as I was looking at it. If you are a serious buyer pm me and I'll tell you about what I saw (good and bad)

Looks beautiful from here. Whats wrong with it?

Someone mentioned a different color front bumper repaint combined with a story of being pulled over doing 140. Makes me scared when I fear that the original owner was a I'll shift at 7500 rpm all day because I can type of person. Being a CTSC car makes me worry about additional wear (not scientifically proven just more of a fear) over a non CTSC car.

When I was thinking about whether or not to change a fifth gear in one of my cars to a lower ratio when I went to a high final drive, I calculated the savings in revolutions that my engine would make over different periods of time. The results were staggering and I definitely changed the fifth gear. I like to pamper my cars when possible.

Also, personally I'd like something less than 50k in mileage with 60k being the most. Where did I get these numbers? I made them up.

With that said, if the guy with the 98 coupe would accept 38k, I would buy it ASAP. I used to live in his city for years so I would knock on his door in minutes, haha. Plus the car looks awesome and seems like a great deal.

It should make someone happy though. I thought about contacting the owner multiple times but the listed price is out of reach after some recent purchases. (Darn Orange County real estate)

:crossing fingers that the seller reads this and PMs me:

Last edited:
Someone mentioned a different color front bumper repaint combined with a story of being pulled over doing 140. Makes me scared when I fear that the original owner was a I'll shift at 7500 rpm all day because I can type of person. Being a CTSC car makes me worry about additional wear (not scientifically proven just more of a fear) over a non CTSC car.

I spent $1000+ in gas, turnpike tolls, southwest flights, hotel rooms, and PPI's to check out & find the right car. Also one of the most memorable things I'll never forget before picking up the one I bought was this excerpt from an email by the seller:

"Sounds good with the tires. Same brand and all. Make sure they balance them correctly and while you are at it have them spin balance the fronts. I got a slight vibration at 130 that I did not have with the original tires.
Sent from my iPhone"

These cars are meant to be driven. :) If I were in the market still (and I would definitely have checked this one out already if I didn't buy one in May last year), I'd not worry about what little anecdotes have been told about the car and would contact the seller, learn what you can from him, see if he'll give you the contact info for who serviced it most often or most recently, talk with them, and then if all sounds good then fly out and look at it in person or ask an NSXPrimer or NSXCA'er to stop by for a look (or email socalx above), followed by setting up a very thorough mechanical PPI with a nearby known NSeXpert if you're so lucky as well as a 2nd PPI by a reputable body guy, but that's just me!! Sometimes you only get one chance every 10 years or ever to find a "right one," be it animal or mineral (hopefully not vegetable). :) This one may be perfect for someone or may have inherent problems for a certain buyer, but there's only one way to find out.

Even better yet - I'm willing to bet there's at least someone (or more) right now who has not posted in this thread and who's doing or done all the above. Has to be.

Last edited:
Some sound advice for future purchase. A PPI would be a great start as I have seen this to be the norm for most "exotic" purchases.

Luckily I am a neighbor of the kaiser but at the end of the day my best offer would be a lowball to him so I haven't contacted the seller.

Congrats on the GPW! Those are a thing of beauty. The most recent white one was only on the market for like 2 days. 82k miles $39k.

:RaisesHand:

I'm the one who bought it. ;)

Thanks to Double-J for being a stand up guy. Honestly, I was a bit worried about purchasing from Afghanistan, but JJ proved my worries to be undeserved. Thanks again, JJ.

:RaisesHand:

I'm the one who bought it. ;)

Thanks to Double-J for being a stand up guy. Honestly, I was a bit worried about purchasing from Afghanistan, but JJ proved my worries to be undeserved. Thanks again, JJ.

congrats!
When do you get to come back & see the car?

Thank you.

I should be back CONUS in roughly 7 weeks. (Which will make a full 365 days.)

I live in NC, and the car is in CA, so quite a road trip awaits.

Back