• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ignoring street encoutner

I almost never look over at other drivers when I'm in my car, especially if they've sped up to pull alongside me. Time after time after time it's just another punk who wants to race. On the very rare occasion, it's probably a fellow car guy who's just waving but all those other incidents have jaded me.

AndyVecsey said:
...Am I being an ass right now? You decide.

Um, yes? :confused:

When I used to ride a sport bike, I routinely waved to other bikers as a sign of comraderie and respect. I felt rude if someone on a bike waved to me and I didn't respond.

But unfortunately not all people are ingrained with diplomatic genes. Some people are jackasses.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
My Brother in Law is a member of this secret society and they have a signal to let others know that they are brothers.

What's the signal?

92NSX said:
I was in Daytona Beach for Spring Break a few years ago walking down the sidewalk watching cars. I didn't have my NSX at the time due to mechanical issues.
Anyway, I just happen to see a red one all nice and fixed up and stop and try to talk with driver. I have my NSX hat on too. I tell him I like the sound of his exhaust and asked what kind it was. Said he didn't remember. :rolleyes: I then told him I also have an NSX and was looking to upgrade my exhaust and kinda liked the sound of it. This whole thing lasted probably 30-45 seconds or so and he just totally blew me off like I was just some punk acting like I had one.
Funny thing, a few months down the road I'm at a party with nothing but other owners and see him again. I strike up conversation with him to find out where he lives. Sure enough, Daytona Beach.
I then ask if he stays there for Spring Break and he said he wouldn't miss it for anything.
He acted totally different knowing he was talking to a true owner this time. He obviously didn't recognize me but my wife and I sure did him.
People like him give us a bad wrap.

I usually start off by saying. "I have a 91 formula Red. What year is yours?" This will directly imply you have a NSX.

I also drive a rock crawler Jeep CJ7. I get waves from other Jeep owners 99% of the time, it is usually two fingers up. It is very predictable. The Jeep wave

I cannot compare to fellow NSX owners, because I have only seen 2 here in San Antonio in 12k miles of driving in one year. Both were snobs

Funny site:
http://www.jeeptalk.org/jeep_wave.shtml

I have owned Corvettes since I was 18 and always like the wave, It is just a comradery thing I guess but it was cool when they would wave back. When they wouldn't I'd call them and a$$hole and it would make me fell better. Like the other guy said how hard is it to wave?

92NSX said:
Along those lines. You ever see two motocyclist pass each other and notice what they do. Probably 95% of the time they make some type of motion to each other like they are in a brotherhood. I just love that for some reason. :smile:

I have to agree, There often is a "brotherhood" among groups with similar interests. Bikes got the wave, but not harley vs racer, jeeps. My business is excavating, even dumptruck from my competitors always wave. That guy was just having a bad day

Sounds kinda like my car... but I'm always on the lookout for fellow NSXers. And I met you once at a lunch a while back. If the license was 8k RPM - it's me. I'm always looking to say hey. ;-)

On a side note, I saw a cute blond woman leaving a small gym/suppliment store that I work out at this afternoon. Turns out she was driving a nice black NSX. I was totally floored. She had asked about my car, but I was finishing a set and I didn't notice. Anyone have any idea who that would be in the Seattle/Bellevue area?

ceeya32 said:
I have owned Corvettes since I was 18 and always like the wave, It is just a comradery thing I guess but it was cool when they would wave back. When they wouldn't I'd call them and a$$hole and it would make me fell better. Like the other guy said how hard is it to wave?

lol, I seem to get a few vette owners waving at me for some reason when I'm in my NSX, happened yesterday to with a guy in a C6, but as i get closer they look confused. lol. Mostly I get waved at by fellow NSX ers but sometimes they come up too fast for me to realize it and wave back doh!!!.
There's one guy around here that I've waved at several times, and he's ignored me, but every time I see him he's on the cell phone too.....hmmmm. And i think he's on this site too cause I've seen a pic of him and his car on here from an event organized on this site for an Indy ride, but maybe he doesn't follow NSXPrime much..???? By they way it's an 04 silver one wink wink

SaberX said:
Sounds kinda like my car... but I'm always on the lookout for fellow NSXers. And I met you once at a lunch a while back. If the license was 8k RPM - it's me. I'm always looking to say hey. ;-)

On a side note, I saw a cute blond woman leaving a small gym/suppliment store that I work out at this afternoon. Turns out she was driving a nice black NSX. I was totally floored. She had asked about my car, but I was finishing a set and I didn't notice. Anyone have any idea who that would be in the Seattle/Bellevue area?

OH Boy :eek: cute Blonde in a blk nsx?? YOU MUST INVITE HER TO NSX LUNCH MEETING next month... I'm sure it's not you, Brian, cuz you will definately recognized me if that was you. You didn't happen to have a buddy or brother took your car out, did you?? ;) that one had an aftermarket wheel but I can see the bring silver reflection in the dark, so I'm pretty much it's not yours... I'm going to next week meeting, will you be there??

Usually bikers give each other the peace sign, or at least around here they do.

Somebody up there said something about groups of people with common interests acknowledging each other. It brough back a memory of my school bus driver giving the wave to a garbage truck driver. Maybe they knew each other, but if not, I thought it was funny that they considered driving extremely slow and huge vehicles for a living to be a common interest worthy of acknowledging each other.

I thought it was funny that they considered driving extremely slow and huge vehicles for a living to be a common interest worthy of acknowledging each other.
I'm a driving maniac, I don't think "anybody" can drive huge vehicles, no matter it's slow or fast... think about it, there's whole bunch of kids with you, and you don't have the power or tire tractions to get away from Danger situation. There's a lot more skills going in there... I have more respect to them.

Somebody up there said something about groups of people with common interests acknowledging each other. It brough back a memory of my school bus driver giving the wave to a garbage truck driver.

nah the bus driver was just acknowledging that he thought the kids were trash :biggrin:

just kiddin i'm a smartass

Back