• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Impressions after 1000 miles...

We can keep this going though if you like? I have a few bottles of fine red wine I am sipping because I like to be comfortable rather than spend my child’s education on a supercar.

Dood... Let it go.... The Ford gt is “unobtainable”. You have showed in your posts that you really know nothing..... Stop trying to spin off into dialect that has nothing to do with the current discussion at hand.

You have showed. Have you passed 6th grade English?

You said no turbo v6 cuts it. I am again just going off of what you said.

Ps Did you notice how I put the clown with the finger pointing down knowing you would post again. And you did! 🤡

Yup, you totally got me! I fell for your superior dialect.

Quite funny actually! After all, you are in the 2nd gen forums letting people know your opinion even if you are in no position to talk about "feel" and not being like the first gen car.

The first gen NSX wasn't even that good. I owned an facelifted 02' back in like 2009 and it was extremely underpowered for what it was. The E46 M3 at the time was a much better buy for fun per dollar.

The 1st gen car was/is that good which is why values rose. I wish prices were going the other way because I was always used to people talking crap about the car and I wanted to get a NA2 low mileage car for <$50k. It still throws me for a loop whenever someone complements the car (because I let my car sit from 2006-may of this year so I wasn't up to speed that the NSX was now a cool car to own).

The 1st gen car was underpowered back in 1991 let alone 2009. Outright speed and acceleration should never have been the main reason for purchase of the 1st gen car. Looks, rarity, reliability, seating/driving position, and value all add up to the reason I bought and own the 1st gen car. (Paid $32k in 2000). 2nd gen has all that except for the looks (which are growing on me but it's still only prettier than than R8)

I know what dialect means. Do you? Dialect or specific meaning of language... In your case smiley clown faces and turds. Nice language you have learned.

The 1st gen car was/is that good which is why values rose. I wish prices were going the other way because I was always used to people talking crap about the car and I wanted to get a NA2 low mileage car for <$50k. It still throws me for a loop whenever someone complements the car (because I let my car sit from 2006-may of this year so I wasn't up to speed that the NSX was now a cool car to own).

The 1st gen car was underpowered back in 1991 let alone 2009. Outright speed and acceleration should never have been the main reason for purchase of the 1st gen car. Looks, rarity, reliability, seating/driving position, and value all add up to the reason I bought and own the 1st gen car. (Paid $32k in 2000). 2nd gen has all that except for the looks (which are growing on me but it's still only prettier than than R8)

This! is what I respect. A gen 1 and gen 2 owner. Spoken how it truely is... Or some new member who just got a deal trying to school us all with imoji faces. Back to conversation. But it is fun to push people who think they know.🤣

I said this before. What will make or break this car down the road will be reliabilty. If this car proves to be as bulletproof as the first one then it will be desirable. The first gen was a good way to get your feet wet in the mid engine car game without have to worry about major issues. This has to be Honda’s trump card. If the car has reliability issues then people will might as well drop 150k on a used Mac or f car.

I loved my first gen for what it was. Unique, perfectly built and connected but it lack one trait... speed. Gen 2 has that in droves.

MC

Gen 1 just needs some boost. I will not deny the gen 2 is wicked fast. I am not trying to tip the scales either. I am just adding to the conversation of both cars. That is all. It is a monster from a dig for 140k and under.

I would pick up a gen 2 for 110k. But, at the same time not say it is worth it’s msrp of 170k.

Let's be real, the "experience" you get in a 1st gen NSX is cool but it's dated, because as I said, I DID OWN ONE, as well as the 2nd gen now.

If you drive an 1st gen NSX for many years, it will get old. Absolutely, it will. Hence the people jumping ship to the new one.
Nostalgia can only go so far, and it's great that it's keeping its value, but life is short and living in an underpowered NSX for my whole life is not how I want to do it.

Sure, the latest cars don't offer the communicative steering of old.. but in reality, this is where cars are these days. I doubt a LaFerrari has the soul of an F40, but who cares. It's about different experiences. Not.. my NSX Gen 1 shits all over the new one.. 1ST GEN FO LYFE.

Any car you buy these days will lack (for the most part) the feel of older cars.. even a new 911R probably doesn't hold a candle to a 964 Turbo in terms of feel. It's subjective.

But like I said, as a driver of many cars, I can appreciate this "baby 918" as Chris Harris said because unlike my old 570s, it doesn't get old to ride in it for more than 30 min, yet pulls and handles 99% as good and gets the looks to match.

There is no way this car would have been better off at "110K MSRP".. it'd be the steal of the century if that was the case.

Let's be real, the "experience" you get in a 1st gen NSX is cool but it's dated, because as I said, I DID OWN ONE, as well as the 2nd gen now.

If you drive an 1st gen NSX for many years, it will get old. Absolutely, it will. Hence the people jumping ship to the new one.
Nostalgia can only go so far, and it's great that it's keeping its value, but life is short and living in an underpowered NSX for my whole life is not how I want to do it.

Sure, the latest cars don't offer the communicative steering of old.. but in reality, this is where cars are these days. I doubt a LaFerrari has the soul of an F40, but who cares. It's about different experiences. Not.. my NSX Gen 1 shits all over the new one.. 1ST GEN FO LYFE.

Any car you buy these days will lack (for the most part) the feel of older cars.. even a new 911R probably doesn't hold a candle to a 964 Turbo in terms of feel. It's subjective.

But like I said, as a driver of many cars, I can appreciate this "baby 918" as Chris Harris said because unlike my old 570s, it doesn't get old to ride in it for more than 30 min, yet pulls and handles 99% as good and gets the looks to match.

There is no way this car would have been better off at "110K MSRP".. it'd be the steal of the century if that was the case.
True. However, I do not own an underpowered nsx. They are both wonderful cars. I want both gens in my garage. But to say the new gen is awesome after buying at the dog lowest of lows and saying it is worth msrp is laughable. If you want to “be real” let’s be, “real”....

Let’s get real. Who is ordering a new 2018 at msrp?

A car or product is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it at any given moment.

I would never pay $300K or even $200K for a Ferrari 458 even if I was well into 8 digits equity. Now a fully depreciated 458 in a few more years, I'd probably buy then. That's just my opinion.

At the end of the day, a ~290 hp NSX was not worth ~$80K to most people in the 90s/2000s and a ~570 hp NSX is not worth ~200K to most today... It has nothing to do with actual face value. It's always been perception. However, anyone that's actually owned a first gen NSX long enough will attest that there is something special about the car that can't be quantified. The same seems to be repeating for the second gen now, just at a more expedient pace because we have a thing called internet now instead of just word of mouth.

I would pick up a gen 2 for 110k. But, at the same time not say it is worth it’s msrp of 170k.
and the market is proving you right.... hence the $30k rebates.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

...However, anyone that's actually owned a first gen NSX long enough will attest that there is something special about the car that can't be quantified...

I owned my 1994 Gen1 for 15 years. Yes the car was great in almost every capacity, however it's now 2017. I was firmly against ever owning a non manual sports car until I got my Gen2. Yes it's not as raw, but the performance of the car is incredible. I also owned a 2004 996TT/X50 at the same time I had my Gen1 and I enjoyed the ease of driving that car over my Gen1. The Gen1 is now an old car. It's okay to live and die by the Gen1, heck I was a diehard Gen1 and anti Gen2 until I got my Gen2. The Gen2 is better in every sense and it should be. In this day I don't want to drive a car that doesn't have all of the latest technology.

I owned my 1994 Gen1 for 15 years. Yes the car was great in almost every capacity, however it's now 2017. I was firmly against ever owning a non manual sports car until I got my Gen2. Yes it's not as raw, but the performance of the car is incredible. I also owned a 2004 996TT/X50 at the same time I had my Gen1 and I enjoyed the ease of driving that car over my Gen1. The Gen1 is now an old car. It's okay to live and die by the Gen1, heck I was a diehard Gen1 and anti Gen2 until I got my Gen2. The Gen2 is better in every sense and it should be. In this day I don't want to drive a car that doesn't have all of the latest technology.

Not even worth it DocL. Hard to have a logical conversation with someone who is illogical and has a closed mind.

When people say a $30k incentive makes a $170k worth $110k it shows you what you are dealing with.

When someone says their 16 year old car creates emotions that the newer version could never do. You know where he stands.

He owns the 91. It’s his baby. I get it.

If someone pays a really low price for something it doesn’t mean that it is now worth that low price or less. If that was the case everything would just go down and continue to do so.

Obviously the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There is something called the market. It dictates what someone will pay or won’t pay. Plenty of people paid much higher prices. The best selling month for the NSX was earlier this year with no incentives.

Acura forced out excess supply. They decided to do something drastic to move the left over vehicles. This happens in any market when there is way more supply than demand. There was too much supply, car took too long to hit the market and the marketing was poor. They did what they needed to.

I look at the Mannheim auction selling prices for these vehicles currently and they are all around $150k.

Dropping the price brought in bargain shoppers and people who normally couldn’t of afforded the car. Why? Because if you look at the layout of the complete market there is nothing at these incentive lowered prices. Nothing even remotely close.

If you have had both gen NSX you know the deal. They are both great cars. They both get similar results, but utilize different methods. I know people are afraid of change. I am ok with it. If you don’t adjust to the times you get left behind.

I am not trying to win anyone over. I am just being real.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of what you says. both cars are wonderful. 25 years has provided a lot of new technology, such as reliable forced induction, direct injection, computer sensing suspension, and more.

I don't agree with the concept of the bargain hunters. if I'm going to spend $180k, I'd pull a used 458 Italia as my choice.... Or the MB GT and have enough left over for a new crossover for the wife. at $130k, it's priced where it should have been on day 1.

History repeating itself: after the first 3 years, NSX sales averaged about 250 units per year for the final 12 years. At $170k, that's what this model will likely achieve.

I agree with a lot of what you says. both cars are wonderful. 25 years has provided a lot of new technology, such as reliable forced induction, direct injection, computer sensing suspension, and more.

I don't agree with the concept of the bargain hunters. if I'm going to spend $180k, I'd pull a used 458 Italia as my choice.... Or the MB GT and have enough left over for a new crossover for the wife. at $130k, it's priced where it should have been on day 1.

History repeating itself: after the first 3 years, NSX sales averaged about 250 units per year for the final 12 years. At $170k, that's what this model will likely achieve.

In this case I was mainly referring to bargain relative to the NSX based on its MSRP and relative to the current market for NEW cars.

MB GT is not on the NSX level. Great GT car, but not a supercar.

An old 458 is a legend. I loved mine, but this car is different. You just went back to the mentality of what a bargain hunter does. You are talking about the money it cost relative to the product. The 458 has been hit with a lot of its depreciation. Too hard to compare an older car to a new one. The new NSX is the newest most current technology available.

Last edited:
Nsx rocks just did 75 mile drive in upstate ny on some nice roads, hairpin, elevation changes everything. The car is just flat out incredible. Maybe a 720 or 488 is better. I think it may be better then the r8 or mclaren and I had an r8.

Was at cars and coffee in the morning. Car drew a crowd and people loved the look and tech. The blue paint and bright sunshine also help.

Also the stereo is amazing. One of the better ones in the industry

I think there's a lot of people out there who are smart shoppers. That's what the market will do in the market dictates value. You using the term "bargain hunter" like a derogatory term and I don't think that's really quite what you mean… and I don't really think you're characterizes what is selling and what is not because people are hunting for bargains. People are hunting for the best vehicle at the best price.

I don't buy a coffee machine because it's the most expensive... I buy a coffee machine because it's the best one that has the features that I want. Price is relative but I'm not gonna buy 1 with less features for 4 more money just because that's the retail price.

I think there's a lot of people out there who are smart shoppers. That's what the market will do in the market dictates value. You using the term "bargain hunter" like a derogatory term and I don't think that's really quite what you mean… and I don't really think you're characterizes what is selling and what is not because people are hunting for bargains. People are hunting for the best vehicle at the best price.

I don't buy a coffee machine because it's the most expensive... I buy a coffee machine because it's the best one that has the features that I want. Price is relative but I'm not gonna buy 1 with less features for 4 more money just because that's the retail price.

Haha bargain hunting isn’t a bad thing. Personally I think it is a great thing. I was simply saying the deep price drop brought in a new class of buyers. Ones that didn’t exist before the drop.

You are talking about your views which relates to what you value in a coffee machine in that example. “I” “I” “I”. Just like I said I think bargain hunting is a good thing. Personal opinion and views.

There are plenty of people that don’t even look at the price and say I’ll take it. There are also people who don’t like to hassle and prefer just taking whatever the price is.

When I was saying all the stuff I said about the landscape of the NSX I am doing it on an unbiased view. I am talking about pricing relative to the market it is in.

Last edited:
Back