• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Info on 19UNC1B01HY000202

Status
Not open for further replies.
In search of information about Vin# 19UNC1B01HY000202?

***MODERATOR NOTE***

Restoring VIN so other potential buyers will be aware of this car's issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I appreciate the information. It's clean with no accidents on carfax. Looks like the dealer is trying to get over on me.

It's a gorgeous car. The dealership doesn't want it to be test driven nor get a PPI w/o a nonrefundable deposit. I'm sure they noticed the repairs.

1st thing Monday morning. Provided it's clear after the PPI is completed by Acura. When did he add the A-17?

There were no maintenance records nor a owners manual in the glove compartment. I'm most definitely going to have to take an extended test drive. I appreciate the info. Do you remember anything about the A-17 laser/radar device?

Last edited:
No owners manual nor maintainance records. $117K is the current asking price. They're too many redflags with the dealership not wanting the car to be test driven, nonrefundable deposit to drive it to an Acura Dealership for a PPI. The car has been on the lot for months. A charge of $1.5 K for their fleet tracking device. Which only helps them track car after purchase (for repo). I checked with Acura about the previous services. Just oil changes.

Last edited:
Smart to pass on this car.... You are just inheriting someone else's problems. Wait for the right car to come along.

I would definitely pass especially with the paint mis-match and the potential issues from the accident. I am curious if the selling dealer is aware of the accident/repairs?

They are aware, I was trying to purchase this vehicle the exact same time as FLYER02 but had reserves because of the dealerships lack of responses and lack of willing to provide details. When I saw this thread last night I was curious on the repairs. Purchasing from overseas was my only disadvantage.

Yeah they were being a lil shady. They don't want the car to be test driven at all nor a PPI be done.

On their site they posted the carfax and they bought it at an auction. They probably didn't know the history. I was also planning on purchasing that car, but haven't reached out to them yet. I'm glad a Google Vin search found this post.

Also, pass on all cars if the seller is not willing to do a test drive or a PPI. Plenty of other cars out there.

It's $114,999 in autotrader. I was looking at this, also. Having a "special" paint color often means that getting a perfect match requires the right knowhow. This color reminds me a bit of the Mazda red that looks almost like a chrome red. At least there are many, many owners and authorized auto body shops for Mazdas, I would think.

It's $114,999 in autotrader. I was looking at this, also. Having a "special" paint color often means that getting a perfect match requires the right knowhow. This color reminds me a bit of the Mazda red that looks almost like a chrome red. At least there are many, many owners and authorized auto body shops for Mazdas, I would think.
Problem is that only the PMC is "authorized" to repair the NC1. They have the proprietary Honda paint codes and I'm not sure body shops have access to the same data, so there is likely some guessing involved when mixing the color outside of the PMC. The Andaro colors like Valencia and Nouvelle Blue are tri-coats I believe and especially tough to match.

If I bought this car, I'd assume I'd have to ship it off to the PMC for an inspection of the replaced components and repaint of the right quarter panel. That's gonna be $$$$, so I wouldn't pay more than $100k. Depending on what you could get it for, it might make sense. After all, you'd have PMC-certified repair that would resolve most concerns about the accident. You could get lucky and have them say the repairs are good and just needs paint, or they could say the repairs are bad and have to re-fix everything again. Then, $$$$$$$$.

If I bought this car, I'd assume I'd have to ship it off to the PMC for an inspection of the replaced components and repaint of the right quarter panel. That's gonna be $$$$, so I wouldn't pay more than $100k. Depending on what you could get it for, it might make sense. After all, you'd have PMC-certified repair that would resolve most concerns about the accident. You could get lucky and have them say the repairs are good and just needs paint, or they could say the repairs are bad and have to re-fix everything again. Then, $$$$$$$$.

It is just unwise to pay this much for a car that required unknown follow up repair/recondition. It's better just to buy a clean one without any repair history.

Last edited:
I'm most definitely steering clear of this car and the buy here pay here dealership.

It's $116,999 on Atlanta Autos website. They claim the cars.com price is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back