• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

iPad in console

very cool. we would have to have the I-PAD vertical to make it fit. but cool Idea.

i dont think it'll fit either.

Hi,

it would look awesome, but even in the vertical (portrait) position, i think it's still too wide for our NSX's consoles.

Nuno

You could just save yourself the money and install a $10 mirror as well. Much cheaper and it will give you the exact same effect. Glass screen is a no-no in car applications.

rumour has it, Apple is working on a 4X6 version just for auto use. They are looking for auto manufactures to buy in. ( like Microsoft did with ford ) A good add on nav, bluetooth device to complement factory stereos.

You would need to destroy the dash to get it in there...

Perhaps a way to cleanly flush mount it just above the leather edges on the left and right of the actual removable center console piece? I actually have a 3G iPad on the way and may start experimenting with different ways to make it look good.

I just need to look into different head units that could control the input sound from the ipad itself, and route that sound to my current amplifier, speakers, and footwell subwoofer.

I am nowhere near my car at the moment as I'm on vacation, however, as soon as I get back I will hold the iPad up to the car itself in different ways to see what looks clean.

I did hear about that, but it's not much larger than an iphone itself. I was kind of hoping for something somewhat large, at least for the larger screen. Though that does seem very interesting, especially because you can make phone calls from that device as well.

I'm hearing *rumors* there may be a 7" version of the Dell coming soon after. Possibly a 10" next year.

So assuming that I were to place the ipad in console (I was thinking in "landscape" just below the vent for my navpod), I was going to go from my current doubledin DVD/NAV setup to a single-din DVD solution still in the center console itself just bellow where the iPad would sit. To explain further, the iPad's back would be flush with the surface of my console on some sort of custom mounting solution.

I would keep the current monitor in the navpod to display the output of the single din DVD.

Since I am not currently within the same state as either my iPad or my NSX, I can't really tell how much of a custom job this console is going to be, but I do foresee needing to relocate the CCU as a result and was curious to see where else besides the glovebox, I might be able to place it. Among other thngs, I was considering creating a custom housing and mounting on the roof just above the rear view so as to not impede my view but cannot really guess how that might turn out. I have a coupe so hardwiring things having to account for a targa removal should not be a real issue for me.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Back