• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is it me, or are Lamborghinis silly looking?

I saw a Murcielago today on the road, it looks exotic(rare, low, etc.) but the styling leaves me wanting more, they just dont do anything for me.
It looked like it should be in the movie Judge Dredd, or some other futuristic movie.
I guess this is why I drive an NSX.
Am I crazy? What am I missing? :redface:

yup, you're crazy. :biggrin:

j/k, I love the look of the Murci, but it is not as awe inspiring as the over-the-top styling of the countach and diablo were (though the countach looks really out of date now). When those cars came out, I was shocked with how cool/fresh/exotic they looked. The newer lambos, while nice, just aren't as jaw dropping. I really don't care for the side view of the gallardo at all... looks too much like Danny DeVito.

I encountered a Gallardo the other day and while it looks pretty cool, it sounds awesome.

i think its just you....

The countach QV 5000:

Lamborghini_Countach_5000_Qv_1.jpg

And Diablo SV:

lamborghini_diablo_sv.jpg

Both do it for me... since then styling has sort of gone 'down hill' a bit, still awesome looking cars, but not as awesome (imo) as the above two were (at the time).

FuryNSX said:
+1 :biggrin: :biggrin:

+2:smile:

my favorite lambo is the muci roadster. Somebody posted an orange one with, black wheels and an ornae stripe on the wheels. i think the owner of SLP performance owns it. Can seem to find the link right now. Wonder what ownership is like with those????

I dream about owning a Gallardo so much that I started a savings account (My Gallardo Fund). Hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be able to afford one in 6 years.

ABhagat said:
I dream about owning a Gallardo so much that I started a savings account (My Gallardo Fund). Hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be able to afford one in 6 years.

Hehe, I do the same for the NSX. :)
I wish ourselfs luck. :cool:

NSXLuvr said:
I prefer the styling of the Gallardo to the Murci.:wink:

I prefer the Murci over the Gallardo...although my bank account likes the Gallardo better than the Murci:biggrin:

Oh and yes you are crazy, Murci is one cool looking car the vert is sweet as hell and I usually don't like them as much.

the white/black Type R looking Gallardo SE is teh hottness!

I appreciate the Murci, after watching a show how they handbuild them... but I really dislike the styling.

The roadster is alot worse. It looks like they put a stick of TNT and blew the top off, and smoothed over what was left with a blowtorch.

The Gallardo however... is sex on wheels.

rickysals said:
I appreciate the Murci, after watching a show how they handbuild them... but I really dislike the styling.

The roadster is alot worse. It looks like they put a stick of TNT and blew the top off, and smoothed over what was left with a blowtorch.

The Gallardo however... is sex on wheels.

The Gallardo is certainly a love it or hate it look. I like it alot, as it is so different from all the organic shapes on wheels these days, and the sound of the motor at about 6K is wood-inducing, especially with a Tubi!
The Murci is neat, but almost too cartoonish for me. I was watching a Miami Vice rerun the other day and the bad guys were in a white on white Countach with white OEM wheels. That car still makes me consider becoming a curbside pharmaceutical rep.:biggrin:

While I love the Lamborghini 'scissor' doors on the Murc, when I finally got to see both of the new Lamborghinis next to each other (Murc/Gallardo), the Murc looked oddly bloated somehow, hard to describe (see below). It is certainly a mean looking machine, but I think I prefer the last run of Diablos (in appearance) to the Murc. Of course I went with the Gallardo so my bias is clearly noted.

51216291-L.jpg

lamborghini%20gallardo%201_1280.jpg

the countach is timeless... although it's been tarnished a bit by the massive amounts of replicas out there.

the diablo is very photogenic. looks much better in pictures than it does in person

the murci is simply gorgeous. I love the way they toned things down.

the gallardo is not my cup of tea

Lamborghinis, at least the new ones, are extremely ugly. Sure, exotic looking and low to the ground, but way over the top and just look very odd to me.

I was at a gathering recently in which a F430 and a new Lamborghini were being displayed, and the F430 was unanimously considered a much finer looking automobile.

Back