• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is my 91 NSX priced fairly?

I don't think it'a a bad price. How many years ago was the Timing belt/wp replaced? Miles and mileage, it's a question any knowledgeable person would ask. The clutch thing is much more of an issue and the mileage is up there. Not that any of this makes it a bad car. The clutch under the best of circumstances, and mine was replaced by the barn man, is 2400 bucks with the flywheel/clutch, master, slave which will all need replacing. That with the answer to the TB/WP service year enterval will help me make an assessment.

I"ll say this that I bought my 91 Sebring with 41k on it and put 5k in it. I paid 28,500 for it. I did a lot of stuff but the clutch/fly/master/slave was part of it as well as CV boots, expansion tank, steering rack, TB/WP/Hoses and valve adjust. Gaskets etc. fluids, etc. So that will have a bearing on your price. Interior looks good. Do you have the OEM stuff for the car?

The paint work on the top may not bother some, but it would me.

How many miles? If it isn't >100k, then I think that is a very fair deal.

I agree that you need to post the date the TB was replaced and not just the mileage. Otherwise not too bad of a price. You can always reduce later.

Thanks for the comments. Just looked at all my documentation and TB/WP/Gaskets all done in 2006. I will post that. I am expecting an offer in the range of 27K-29K. I have all the OEM parts in storage but forgot to add that in the description. Not sure if that will be a plus but I will add that now. I've had some inquiries but the problem is I've already found and NA2 that I'm considering. I have no patience!

the paint work really hurts it's value IMO...the coupes were ment to have the black tops.:cool: still looks good though, but any paint work not original hurts these cars value..In todays economy, expect to sit on it a while at that price, if want to sell it faster, start at $26,500...

If you start at $26,500 you can pretty much figure somebody will offer less.

Since you have a NA2 you are interested in... it depends on how long that owner is willing to wait.... sell yours and that one sells before, then you are without one for a while.

Somebody suggested AutoTrader.com &/or e-bay. That may be good advise if you are wanting to get it sold quickly.

e-bay costs to post depeding on the amount. You would need to have it run for a while, maybe with a buy-it-now option/make offer, ect. and a set reserve if you want to make sure you don't sell it for less than a certain amount. I can't tell you what e-bay charges off the top of my head.

I know you have to make sure bidders have the money to purchase, because it costs the seller to relist.

When I was looking, $30k seemed to be the asking/selling price for nice 91's, 92's. The market has dropped some. So your asking price seems to be a good place to start. It depends how patient you want to be... a lower price should help it sell quicker...

Of course if the NA2 sells and you sell your's you can put the money someplace safe and make a little interest... keep looking and as the NA2's get older they will continue to drop in price.

The maintenance seems to be fairly up to date. It's hard to say on the painted roof. That depends on the person... I like both, but it isn't original and some people are looking for original.

Good luck on selling yours and working the deal for the newer one.

Last edited:
The clutch and TB/WP issue will concern people looking. The car looks good but those 2 repairs are right around the corner and that is $3-4,000 for those fixes. As a person looking for a NSX I think the 91's are listing a bit high since I have seen some NA2 cars for sale for mid 30's now. I am infact looking at a 2001 black/black NSX with 89k miles(seems high but still a Honda) and he is listing it for $36,000. That is a rare find honestly but they come up for sale here and there.

Your asking price is probably right on but expect to settle/negotiate for less since clutch is wearing out and the Timing belt needs to replaced again in 2 years or less. Hell, if the market is there than you can sell the car for whatever you list it for. I say start high and work from there.

Price is fair, but you need it to be a steal if you want it sold quickly. Something around $24-25K would be more of a steal. $22K and you would need help answering the calls.

As for the painted top dropping the price, not a bit for me. I like the matching color much better and apparently so did Honda. Any of the main body painted would change things for me, but not the top. I just bought my 92 in silver partly because the top was already painted silver or I would have had to change it. I also understand that others may want black. Boring world if we were all the same.

Not sure why so many people think your clutch is almost gone. My car has 120K and quite sure the clutch is original and my mechanic and myself think it is still in good shape with many miles to go. Depends so much on how it's driven I'm guessing. I've had more than one car with over 300K on the original clutch.

Advertising only on NSXprime will not get you to the market you need. Like it or not, Ebay is the place. And the fee is only a couple dollars if there are no bids. With bids it is a flat $125 (or more if you want featured item and such, but not worth the extra in my opinion). So for basically $125 you get to have thousands of potential customers (and unfortunately a few weirdos) know your car is for sale. And you don't need a week or 10 days, you can opt for a 3 or 5 day auction and get things done now. An amazing amount of people will see your car in 3 days and no one will bid until the last 15 minutes anyway.

I have sold 2 Ferraris, 4 DeLoreans, 2 planes and even a Caterpillar track loader all on Ebay over the years and got them all moved quickly and for more money than I was asking locally. Just sold a camper last month for $1695 that I couldn't get anyone here to look at for $1000. YMMV. No I'm not a dealer, just a guy with changing taste.

Key to a good Ebay sale is lots of pictures and details. When you get questions post the replys for all the bidders to see so you don't have to keep answering the same ones over and over. Best of luck, you have a gorgeous car that you will miss more than you realize.

Selling for $22-$24K is insane. Of course his phone will ring off the hook. That is what cars with "issues" sell for. I agree, you can't look at a clutch and tell how many miles are left on it. It depends on the person driving. If you thrash on a clutch you can wear out a new one in a hurry.

To the OP, just be patient and you will get close to your price. OR be in a hurry and let someone steal it.

Price is fair, but you need it to be a steal if you want it sold quickly. Something around $24-25K would be more of a steal. $22K and you would need help answering the calls.

As for the painted top dropping the price, not a bit for me. I like the matching color much better and apparently so did Honda. Any of the main body painted would change things for me, but not the top. I just bought my 92 in silver partly because the top was already painted silver or I would have had to change it. I also understand that others may want black. Boring world if we were all the same.

Not sure why so many people think your clutch is almost gone. My car has 120K and quite sure the clutch is original and my mechanic and myself think it is still in good shape with many miles to go. Depends so much on how it's driven I'm guessing. I've had more than one car with over 300K on the original clutch.

Advertising only on NSXprime will not get you to the market you need. Like it or not, Ebay is the place. And the fee is only a couple dollars if there are no bids. With bids it is a flat $125 (or more if you want featured item and such, but not worth the extra in my opinion). So for basically $125 you get to have thousands of potential customers (and unfortunately a few weirdos) know your car is for sale. And you don't need a week or 10 days, you can opt for a 3 or 5 day auction and get things done now. An amazing amount of people will see your car in 3 days and no one will bid until the last 15 minutes anyway.

I have sold 2 Ferraris, 4 DeLoreans, 2 planes and even a Caterpillar track loader all on Ebay over the years and got them all moved quickly and for more money than I was asking locally. Just sold a camper last month for $1695 that I couldn't get anyone here to look at for $1000. YMMV. No I'm not a dealer, just a guy with changing taste.

Key to a good Ebay sale is lots of pictures and details. When you get questions post the replys for all the bidders to see so you don't have to keep answering the same ones over and over. Best of luck, you have a gorgeous car that you will miss more than you realize.

Not in hurry at all. I just want to sell it at a fair price. Not looking to give it away, or rip someone off. The NA2 I'm considering is not a steal. It's also 2x the cost of my 91 so I don't expect it to sell overnight. I will be patient. Sounds like it's priced correctly. One thing someone told me is stripping it down. I could sell it stock without the rims/tires, exhaust, headers, and suspension and price it close to $24,800. I could then sell the rims/tires for $1,800, exhaust for $600, and HKS suspension for $1,600. Would you guys do that instead? I just think the mods make the car but at $24K, I may be able to move it and purchase the NA2 quicker.

Not in hurry at all. I just want to sell it at a fair price. Not looking to give it away, or rip someone off. The NA2 I'm considering is not a steal. It's also 2x the cost of my 91 so I don't expect it to sell overnight. I will be patient. Sounds like it's priced correctly. One thing someone told me is stripping it down. I could sell it stock without the rims/tires, exhaust, headers, and suspension and price it close to $24,800. I could then sell the rims/tires for $1,800, exhaust for $600, and HKS suspension for $1,600. Would you guys do that instead? I just think the mods make the car but at $24K, I may be able to move it and purchase the NA2 quicker.

Selling the car as close to stock as possible always increases your pool of interested buyers. Quite a few buyers don't want mods on the car. Of course you have to factor in the cost of removing the mods unless you do the work yourself.

Its a good car, its my old one...good luck with the sale, I had the top painted as it was starting to oxidize badly and replaced the windshield with factory glass with new trim at the same time...

That is a great looking NSX, price is fair IMO .... this one here is a clean clean car!

Oscar

I should add that NA2 car I was looking at has a story behind it. I knew there was a catch. So that car doesn't count much. Disregard the Timing Belt comment. I thought it was 5 years/90k miles. The car is priced fair. $26,000 is about what it should sell for stock. I would take the mods off if you can get that money for them honestly. The problem is people don't want to drop that much cash for cars in this economy. You know the catch with an NSX is that it is a great car but not many people know about it. Good luck with your sale.

Back