• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there any way to stiffen the throttle on a DBW car?

Does anyone know how I can stiffen the throttle pedal? It's a bit too soft for me and the way I place my heavy right lead foot. Now with a stiffer suspension if I am mildly modulating the throttle, and I hit a big bump on the road, it causes my foot to dip into the throttle more. It's really become a problem. Is it on springs that can be swapped out for stiffer ones?

Has anyone had this issue? My car is a DBW car if that matters.

EMS should be able to? What engine management you running for The CTSC

I thnk you misunderstood. I want the pedal to be harder to push down physically. I am not looking for a different throttle response. What's happening is that when I run the shocks on a stiff setting and go over a bump, it jolts my body enough to where my foot that's already on the pedal moves. Causing a change in throttle. The pedal is too "touchy". I am looking to stiffen that up so it requires more pressure than the light tap provided by my jolted torso.

Move your foot to the side so its on the tunnel as well as the petal. For most driving you roll your foot to add throttle instead of pushing.

Brian thanks for the tip, I will try that but I wear a size 12 shoe and it's taking up all the space in there anyway, I am pretty sure the right side rubs the tunnel anyway. But I will try it out. A stiffer spring would certainly help I think, I am going to get under there and see how that pedal is controlled. I am certain there is a spring some place. I can't believe this issue has not come up before especially for guys with race or track type suspensions... Or even some lowered cars with bigger wheels.

I would think stronger return spring. You can get an idea of what it looks like on 23-80 of the service manual.

Mike

Brian thanks for the tip, I will try that but I wear a size 12 shoe and it's taking up all the space in there anyway, I am pretty sure the right side rubs the tunnel anyway. But I will try it out. A stiffer spring would certainly help I think, I am going to get under there and see how that pedal is controlled. I am certain there is a spring some place. I can't believe this issue has not come up before especially for guys with race or track type suspensions... Or even some lowered cars with bigger wheels.
You know what they say about big feet right?

They want less touchy accelerators.

Back