• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this for real?

Good for you. You've found a wonderful deal. Wire him the money so someone doesn't snap up this deal before you.:confused:

I emailed the guy and this is his response.

Hi,

I'm glad that you're interested in my car.The final price for it is $32000. The car is in excellent condition, has no technical damages at all, no scratches or dents,no hidden defects. The car has been looked after very well - washed and cleaned often. Clear and clean title signed and all you have to do is to put your name on it.I like to mention that I am now located with my work in Charlotte, NC and I have the car here with me. I am a very busy business man and i don't have time to sell my car at all.I can deliver the car to your home address and i can let you test and inspect it for a few days just to make sure we do this right. I am going to use a shipping company to deliver it and the price includes shipping and insurance costs. As i said I want to use this company because i got information that they have excellent services and they will take care of everything. It should take about 7-8 days for you to get the car.
You will be able to track the car and see the shipping status until you get it.
If you are interested let me know and i will give you further information about how this will work.

P.S. Please see attached more pictures with the car.

Regards,
David

I'm pretty sure the real owner is here on prime, I remember it from eBay a while back. Same pictures BTW...:rolleyes:

Seem too good to be true...thats because it is.

This car was listed for about 2 weeks arround 3 months ago, at that time is was in Florida, packed into a container and ready to be shipped.
I guess the sale did not go through since the seller was asking too much:biggrin:

believe it or not people are actually going for these scams. two people in town this week called police to report theft through ebay accounts that didnt exist for cars like this someone is making a killing off these people

That exact car has been used in 3 separate scams in 3 states. I know this because I was looking for this colour combo last year and couldn't get a legit deal done.

It's a scam, walk away. That car should sell for mid 60's to low 70's.

Yeah the real car was for sale a while ago for alot more than this scam. I was interested in buying the car but the owner wouldn't budge on price.

I emailed the guy and this is his response.

Hi,

I'm glad that you're interested in my car.The final price for it is $32000. The car is in excellent condition, has no technical damages at all, no scratches or dents,no hidden defects. The car has been looked after very well - washed and cleaned often. Clear and clean title signed and all you have to do is to put your name on it.I like to mention that I am now located with my work in Charlotte, NC and I have the car here with me. I am a very busy business man and i don't have time to sell my car at all.I can deliver the car to your home address and i can let you test and inspect it for a few days just to make sure we do this right. I am going to use a shipping company to deliver it and the price includes shipping and insurance costs. As i said I want to use this company because i got information that they have excellent services and they will take care of everything. It should take about 7-8 days for you to get the car.
You will be able to track the car and see the shipping status until you get it.
If you are interested let me know and i will give you further information about how this will work.

P.S. Please see attached more pictures with the car.

Regards,
David

Definitely too good to be true. We've all seen so many posts of this it's getting down right boring.:rolleyes: I encountered a guy with a fake picture of a Long Beach Blue Pearl NSX that he had up for sale on autotrader a year ago. I decided to call his bluff for fun. When I first contacted him I got this exact same paragraph from him word-for-word. I took it one step further (even though I already knew it was a scam). I asked him for more information because "I really wanted the car":biggrin: and he went into the usual scam story about "we can process the transaction with a "large" deposit down from you first through ebay insurance". What a joke! Don't even think twice about this unless you wanna get took!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have been having fun with this guy so far. He has been slow to respond after the first e-mail but here is his first response ...

Hello,

Thank you so much for contacting me regarding my 2005 Acura NSX. I've taken very good care of the car (always garaged),it's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems,with no damages or hidden defects,no need for additional repairs,clear title without any accidents,liens or loans. The car has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage. All power equipment are in working order.I have all the car's manuals, 2 spare of keys,all the documents and papers.

The price is not negotiable $32000 firm (the price may be a little low but it seems fair to me). I was fired from my job because the financial crises that affected almost everyone including the company I worked at. I'm in a hurry to find a buyer because I'm in debts with my bank we've moved house to California with my new job.

For payment and all guarantees that we need to make the transaction work we will use eBay's Protection services, also after a few researches i found that eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program will be the best choice for us to handle the payment. Using their services it will be eBay who will handle the payment also you will have a 15 days inspection period in order to check the car and the car's papers. After the inspection period passed you will decide if you accept the car or in case you dislike it for any reason it will be shipped back on my expense. If you are interested to buy email me ASAP and i will give you more information about how will this work...

P.S. Please see attached more pictures with the car...

Thank you,
David

He attached all the same pictures as was posted in the auto trader add.

My response in the next post!

My reply to his the response above was this ...

Hello David,

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the description of the car and the pictures you have attached. The car looks to be in immculate condition. I am very surprised that you are selling it a such a great price. It is almost too good to be true. However, I have cash in the bank ready to spend.

The add mentioned you are located in Charlotte, NC, is that correct? Is this where where the car is shipping from?

How do you want to proceed with the fund transfer. You mentioned Ebay's prtection services? I was unaware that Ebay had such services?

Please answer the above questions and we can move forward from there.

Thank you

I did not get into to much here but wanted to get another response from him. Sure enough he did respond ... the NEXT DAY!

dang 843, thats my area code in myrtle beach... just a rule of thumb... dont buy a car unless you see it in person and talk to the person face to face...

I found my GT3 on ebay, and called the seller diretly and flew down to see it and do up the paperwork. I visitted his bank manager and we arranged the transaction & money wire. It went like clockwork, and I had the car 10 days later.

There is no substitute for seeing the car in person, or having a buddy check it out. Ken Sax looked at an 04 for me in Chicago (same colour combo as this one) and I just couldn't get the deal done.

His new reply to my last e-mail ...

(BY THE WAY EBAY DOES NO THE A VEHICLE PURCHSE PROGRAM OR HANDLE ANY SORT OF FUNDS IN ESCROW OR OTEHRWISE)

Hi,

I have already arranged everything so i left the car in eBay`s custody, loaded at eBay warehouse ready to be shipped. All paperwork and the signed bill of sale are in sealed envelope along with the car.

The transaction is simple, you will make the payment through eBay and their service will act like a third party and will hold the funds until you will receive and inspect the car. You will be given 15 days inspection period with no obligation to buy.

We will use eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program which is free, they will handle the payment and will insure your money and my car, so we will have no problem with the transaction.

The transaction is very simple:

1. You send me your details (full name and shipping address)
2. I will contact eBay and start the transaction through eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program
3. You will receive the payment invoice from eBay
4. You make the payment in an eBay managed bank account.
5. After the payment is sent to and confirmed by eBay i will start the shipping and send you the car.
6. After you will receive the car you will have 15 days for inspection and if for any reason you don't like the car i will refund your money and pay for the return(but i am 100% sure that you will love the car because the car is a dream car)

These are my terms so if you agree with them and want to proceed with the transaction please reply with your full name and full shipping address so we can start the transaction thorough eBay.

Best Regards,
David

Here is the response to his last e-mail above, and I added some snarky comments (in red) to see how he responds.

David,

Thank you for all the information and details to get this transaction moving. I really apprciate everything so far. Before I move forward with the transaction I have a few questions.

1. Do you have the VIN number of the car?
2. Where did you purchse it?
3. At which Ebay warehouse is the car located? (they have serveral)
4. What shiping company does Ebay use?
5. Do you have a copy of the title? Is it clear of leins?
6. What city did you drive the car most? (I want to find out if this is a northern car or southern car?)
7. Has all the maintnance been done? If so where or who did the work?
8. Was this car ever driven in the rain?
9. Please confirm the total price with shipping again?

I will give you my information when you answer these questions for me.

I have the money ready to be transfered to the Ebay Vehicle Purchase Non-Protection Program. I am very very interested in this car and want to make this transaction happen as soon as possible. I thought I would have heard back from you sooner, but you must be very busy in the slow economy.

I look forward to your reponse.

Dave

Back