• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Japan/Europe "H" logo taillight center section

Is the "H" logo on the JDM/European taillight center section a vinyl sticker like the USDM "Acura" logo, or an actual emblem tucked between the lenses?

BTW, what do the acronyms JDM and USDM stand for anyway?

-Russ
'91 black/black (still waiting for delivery...)

If you want that "H" on the back, just take apart the center section and put in a Honda emblem...I used a Civic emblem and painted it flat black...it came out looking pretty good. If you just get the JDM center section, the color of the plastic won't match the right and left sections (JDM is darker).

Originally posted by Russ:
Is the "H" logo on the JDM/European taillight center section a vinyl sticker like the USDM "Acura" logo, or an actual emblem tucked between the lenses?
I thought the "ACURA" logo was on the back of the lens.

uberjeph; what process did you use to remove the original "ACURA" logo? I know of guys dipping the the whole lens in a pot of boiling water.I was concerned with warpage, cracking, and/or dulling.

OJDM = Japan Domestic Market
USDM = United States Domestic Market

Thank you.

I thought the "ACURA" logo was on the back of the lens.

It's a sticker stuck to the back of the lens. I am thinking of having a sign shop cut a vinyl Honda "H" and use that to replace the Acura sticker, hence the question whether the real JDM "H" logo is a sticker or an emblem.

-Russ
'91 black/black (STILL waiting for delivery...
frown.gif
)

The Honda sign on the rear lense is not a sticker, its not just a regular emblem either. While you could buy a Honda emblem and just stick it on, it will not look the same as the real one, because the real one has a special design that allows it to stick on from the front of the emblem and not the back.

Originally posted by Russ:
It's a sticker stuck to the back of the lens. I am thinking of having a sign shop cut a vinyl Honda "H" and use that to replace the Acura sticker, hence the question whether the real JDM "H" logo is a sticker or an emblem.

-Russ
'91 black/black (STILL waiting for delivery...
frown.gif
)

Bruce--
To get the lense apart, i used a heat gun and some 3m adhesive remover. It gets pretty messy though, but I'm pretty satisfied w/ the results. No cracking or warping at all.

I tried SOS's procedure three days ago in order to put an Acura emblem in an european Honda NSX - as you see, exotic here is the opposite as there!
wink.gif

And the "sad" truth is that the H-logo is engraved in the internal part of the external red lens' part. I did not find an easy solution to USDM-ize my taillight since it cannot be removed.

------------------
'91 NSX Red/Black *totaled* :-( #9 Oversea NSXCA member
'91 NSX Silver/Black/Black http://photos.yahoo.com/gheba_nsx

Back