• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA1182TT000113 Sebring Silver 1996 NSX For sale at manheim

for a guy who runs over 150 cars through your business every month why are you so involved in this one? If you did this for every car you sold you'd be on a computer 24/7.:eek:

Well, again, most talk out of their ass about a car they have never seen. I keep repeating that because that is an important fact. No matter what, this is an amazing car and I really don't care what the story is. It's a great car that I'll just drive and enjoy. And remember, just because you own an NSX and a computer does not make you an expert on every one in the world. Just saying...

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go, I just peeled back the corner of the color sticker AND the vin sticker which people seem to say can not be replaced. BOTH HAVE SILVER UNDERNEATH. Also, there is a photo of the vin plate in the engine compartment, there no way of painting that and having the letters be that crisp. View attachment 118998View attachment 118999View attachment 119000View attachment 119001View attachment 119002

- - - Updated - - -

I see where people see tape marks around the stickers but someone may have touched up nicks or blended some scratches. The story is this car is a one off color and it had some paint work. No reports of an accident. THAT'S THE STORY! Not one person can prove anything else, if you can, do it. Stop speculating, YOU DON'T KNOW.

Thanks for the pictures CarCorner. I'm of the opinion that it's definitely a one-off as stated by yourself, many others in the past, and also in the wiki.

It doesn't matter to me whether it makes more valuable or not, or is the price its too high, yada, yada, that's for the seller and a potential buyer to decide. IMHO writing off potential one-off cars because you don't have a letter from Honda stating it's a one-off is closed minded and ignorant, but to each their own. At some point preserving the history of these cars will probably be more important than if they have original paint and there will be collectors at all levels of the market. My old man has an Austin Healey 100M, one of about two hundred that are still accounted for out of the 640 produced at the factory. It's had a color change and is still worth easily double what a similar condition, non-factory 100M, Austin Healey 100 is worth. At some point in the future it's possible that the uniqueness may positively impact it's value, whether it has the original paint or not. On the flip side I'm sure there are about 20 factors that will impact it's value.

I still think it's a cool car and one that has some interesting history. I'd be more likely to purchase it (pending a clean PPI) than any other 1996.
GLWS and I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it like the last one did.

My 3 cents so we're at a nickle's worth of my opinions in this thread.

Quite a thread!

My quick thoughts:

1. If you really like the the lighter silver of Sebring compared to the darker Kaiser AND want a targa top, then this is the car for you. Saves you the trouble of a repaint and it is done well according to what people said. Keep in mind, Sebring ended in 1993 and Kaiser didn't start until 1997 (NA2), so there is a wide gap of no silver cars in the US which is pretty significant.

2. Seems to be a question as to whether it was hit & repainted or just had some front end shaving. Absent a frame check (which any buyer would do), we probably won't know.

Hope it finds a home at a reasonable price and makes someone happy.

Thanks for the pictures CarCorner. I'm of the opinion that it's definitely a one-off as stated by yourself, many others in the past, and also in the wiki.

The pics help, but they still can't definitively prove that the color code label was not peeled off another car and reapplied after a repaint.

The firewall VIN stamp looks pretty genuine, but a really good painter can probably duplicate it.

At this point, I'd say it is probably as stated - a factory one-off, but I still can not say so with 100% certainty.

- - - Updated - - -

There actually is a brooklands green similar car with a white vin listing but also appears to have been a factory special in a year green didn't get shipped here.

I've seen this Brooklands Green car in person, and the doorjamb VIN label is as it should be from the factory, no imperfections around the edges, no signs of masking, no raised corners in the laminate or the label itself.

I didn't have the foresight at the time to check the color code label that closely, but based on the condition of the VIN label, that particular Brooklands Green car can be definitively said to be a genuine factory one-off.

With a paint inspection light it would be easy to determine which panels have been re-sprayed. As with any three stage paint it's nearly impossible to match the metallic portion with the factory applied paint. With the light you can pick out the variance in metallic particles and the subsequent blend lines.

Back