• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

*jumps on bandwagon* Me too! I'm in... New owner!

Hi everyone, I'm just dropping by to introduce myself in my first post ever... awesome, I can stop lurking. I've been a proud owner of a new-to-me 97 Formula Red on black T for a little over a month now. Picked mine out from a seller here on Prime who was local in the SF Bay Area; I live and work in San Jose. She's a tad bit high on miles (116k freeway), but who cares? it's a Honda. This thing was meticulously cared for, has service records that go way back, and is BONE-STOCK; I plan to keep it that way for now. All major maintenance like clutch and TB/WP have already been done including other items such as brake pads, valve adjustment, etc. I'm just going to give everything a once over so a I have a "zero/start" point. Oil change was done yesterday, Main Relay was re-soldered since I read so much about it, and of course the usual list in the next couple of weeks: coolant flush, tranny fluid, brake/clutch fluid flush, spark plugs, etc. Don't worry I've stuck to OEM all the way. I did make a few minor repairs and changes but nothing crazy: changed out trunk struts, installed HIDs, LEDs in and out. Oh, and of course I'm not driving this dirty; you better believe I washed, clayed, and waxed her. Before I do any mods to this car, I figure I'll enjoy it the way Honda intended... for now. Nice meeting you all, and thanks so far for the help I've found here. Oh yeah, not to mention the car itself, lol.

Here she is, then next to my DA Integra, then the infamous main relay, and the bad solder joints that everyone said I'd be sure to find prior to me repairing them. What a random mix of pics.

.NSX.jpg2012-12-01_15-33-48_HDR.jpgIMG_20130120_124140.jpgIMG_20130120_122243.jpg

Good luck with your car. She's a nice one.

welcome to ownership.You are one step ahead of many owners being able to "massage' the ecu yourself.

Nice car! and congrats!

Love both rides! My DA inspired me to one day be an Nsx owner as well. CONGRATS! :)

Welcome to the Madness & A Huge Congrats! I'm sure you're enjoying it!

Wow, warm welcome, thanks a million everyone.

docjohn, Thank you sir, my Integra taught me everything about those relays. I was left stranded once because of a faulty one; I might as well avoid that in the X.

jcbadcura, v-tecpwr Thanks gents, to keep me happy on those days I decide to garage the X "Red Devil 2", the DA teg "Red Devil 1" has a 97 JDM ITR motor. Still brings a smile to my face. I consider it "finished" for the most part. I just put gas in, change oil, and other maintenance every now and then. I was going to sell it, but it just keeps on running damnit.

jcbadcura, v-tecpwr Thanks gents, to keep me happy on those days I decide to garage the X "Red Devil 2", the DA teg "Red Devil 1" has a 97 JDM ITR motor. Still brings a smile to my face. I consider it "finished" for the most part. I just put gas in, change oil, and other maintenance every now and then. I was going to sell it, but it just keeps on running damnit.[/QUOTE]

Your DA has to be fun with the ITR motor in it. I have the B17 built in mine. It will be 21 years in March and like yours it just keeps running.

Congratulations on picking up a beauty! Really love the Integra too. First Acura I really obsessed over was my mom's 1990 Integra GS sedan back in 1996.

teg1.jpg

Good luck with the new ride and keep us posted!

Your DA has to be fun with the ITR motor in it. I have the B17 built in mine. It will be 21 years in March and like yours it just keeps running.

Yes sir, I come in to work late and leave late, so I have plenty of semi-empty streets to zoom around in. VTEC and redline everyday keeps the blues away. If that B17 of yours came with the car, congrats on still owning a running example of one of Honda's rarest motors. I started with a
GS because I couldn't find a GSR to save my life.

Last edited:
Yes sir, I come in to work late and leave late, so I have plenty of semi-empty streets to zoom around in. VTEC and redline everyday keeps the blues away. If that B17 of yours came with the car, congrats on still owning a running example of one of Honda's rarest motors. I started with a
GS because I couldn't find a GSR to save my life.

I still hit VTEC and redline everyday also. It's so much fun! :smile: I am the original owner of my GSR but I've been thru a few motors. Here is a thread for you to see it.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/158837-20-years-with-my-GSR

Back