• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

June 4th Meet @ um...HOOTERS!!

Dinan M3 said:
OK, feeling a bit guilty because instead of doing the healthy thing and riding the bike up Grizzly Peak I was peer pressured into going out in the NSX instead. Food was just OK, but the eye candy was better. Now I guess I'd better get back outside and work off those buffalo wings and beer! Nice to meet some of the new folks. Shane, thanks to you and all the other folks who helped organize. Huge turnout.

DinanM3, would you be interested in doing a Triathlon with us? Octan3 (Andrew) is also a Roadie (I hear he is a strong/fast rider) :cool:

The event will be in Sept so we have little time to train :redface:
Brick training (Bike/Run) will be held @ Canada Road (weekends) and the open water swim (weeknites) will be along the bay (Redwood Shores??) to accomodate the South bay Athletes..

I'm getting my Multisport bike ready by switching back to 11/21 gear :cool:

Ok, back on topic..hooters, hooters, hooters.... :biggrin:

Shane,

Great job on coordinating your first NSX event for the Bay Area... My count was 40 NSX's... It was great seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones...

What are your plans for the next event??? The first Saturday in July falls on the 2nd...

On a side note... I just want to say that Andrie's skills at being a co-pilot and responsible for getting us to the event are not as good as his racing skills.

Second side note: Romeo aka Spartan2-3 sorry you couldn't make it out, you missed a good one...

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

MikeC_587 said:
Shane,

Great job on coordinating your first NSX event for the Bay Area... My count was 40 NSX's... It was great seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones...

What are your plans for the next event??? The first Saturday in July falls on the 2nd...

On a side note... I just want to say that Andrie's skills at being a co-pilot and responsible for getting us to the event are not as good as his racing skills.

Second side note: Romeo aka Spartan2-3 sorry you couldn't make it out, you missed a good one...

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

Mike,
By the time I was able to get out it was too late, you guys were heading home :frown: , ohh well maybe next time.

I was trying to call you for an aftershock meet @ Starbucks :biggrin: .

Fantastic job, Shane! The event turned out great!

It was good to touch bases with old acquaintances and meet new ones. Too bad I missed out on the drive!

Charles

Last edited:
spartan2-3 said:
Octan3 (Andrew) is also a Roadie (I hear he is a strong/fast rider) :cool:

who's been spreading these lies!?! :biggrin: ...don't know how fast I actually am on this heavy steel bike of mine.

we should all get together for a ride sometime soon, however. I was at the GPC pictured above! :smile:

What a great turn-out. It was just breathtaking to see 40 (when I was there) NSX's in one spot- all beautiful. I wish I could have stayed longer than 1 hour -but had another gig at our home.

I heard some of the crowd went for a ride through Crow Canyon and people were freaking out seeing so many beautiful cars of course they were reported as being Ferrari's........

Thanks, Michael (aka Cairo94507)

Great meet!! Thanks to Randomharmony for putting it on!! Great to see such a large turnout!

Pictures coming soon. :)

I am glad that everyone enjoyed the drive afterwards. I was trying to think of a good route that we can all stay together and remembered that Redwood Road from Castro Valley to Oakland was a lightly traveled road with alot of twisties. It started off a little crazy as we all started to split up when leaving Hooters but I am glad we all found each other. I am sure we stirred up quite a bit of attention with a line of at least 10-15 NSX's all following each other. I don't think we all got together until we stopped on Redwood Road for the group shot. If I remebered right, we had a total of 29 NSX's that came out for the drive up to Oakland and then we ended up with about 15 or 17 that went from Oakland to the Caldecott Tunnel before we all split up.

I can't wait to see Pat's video that he took when we all pulled out onto Redwood road and drove by him. Who is putting together a video? Should we include clips from each person who would like to contribute what they video taped from the start of the day to the end and compile it together and share it? Who has mad video skills, please step forward and let us know what you need. If we burn what each of us feel is quality footage, would you be able to put together something with background music?

Shane!!!
what was the final count on the Drive???
last i remember it was 29. :rolleyes: was it???
Also what was the total count in Hooters???

Let’s do that again... Litespeed I’m not sure if u noticed but i saw some cars pulled over on the side to let us by and watch us as we drove by.
Also when we were parked on the side of the roads i saw some cars that made a u-turn to drive by us and snap some pix. he he he

We were definitely a head turner. he eh he

WOW!

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been recouping from Sat (I got up @ 8am and didn’t go to bed ‘til 2am) and prepping for an interview on Monday.

I want to thank everyone that came out to this month's meet, IT WAS GRRREAT!!! (We didn't get 50, but about 45 NSXs showed up!!) Also like to thank Hooters for hosting us on this special occasion. Special thanks to VTEC888 for brining up the idea and also bringing out those tables. Also much thanks to Sid for a great drive, Redwood Rd. was FUN!! And to see this many NSXs driving together was AWESOME!!

Even though it turned out a little different than what we planned, but I’m glad to see everyone had a great time and got home safe. Much thanks for the kind words from everyone, even though I don’t think I deserve half of the credit, but I hope we can have more fun stuff for our club in the future.

Thanks again to everyone for the experience, i will post my pic soon. :biggrin:

I wish I wasn't leading the drive as I am sure I missed out on alot of action from the rear. It is hard because I didn't want to drive too fast but at the same time, not too slow. I felt like I had to occassionally slow down so we can all group back together. Luckily all of us had a great time without any unfortunate incidents. We have to do it again very soon.

amgnsx said:
Shane!!!
what was the final count on the Drive???
last i remember it was 29. :rolleyes: was it???
Also what was the total count in Hooters???

my count for the drive was 27 at the end. it was TOO many! i had to count 4, 5 times. btw, how was your Hooter girl? I know Doc was pretty happy with his.

Litespeeds said:
I wish I wasn't leading the drive as I am sure I missed out on alot of action from the rear. It is hard because I didn't want to drive too fast but at the same time, not too slow. I felt like I had to occassionally slow down so we can all group back together. Luckily all of us had a great time without any unfortunate incidents. We have to do it again very soon.

Sid, you did a GREAT job leading, not too fast for the inexperienced, but also not too slow 'cuz Ted could fall asleep on his #9 if you go any slower. All things considered, safety is the most important thing, and we were really lucky to be part of this special experience.

Good job!

Boy, did I miss out on the drive afterward. It was fun driving from Milpitas caravan to Hooters. I had to leave early since my relative from Japan came to visit with a new born baby mutt...

So many people had exhaust, and I didn't get an opportunity to listen to JGTC and ARK exhaust. Darn it...that was my goal for the meet. Oh well...maybe i'll attend a smaller meet in the near future since it's too difficult to blend in with so many members at one spot.

Until next time, NSX rocks!

If you think these Hooters are hot, then I know of another restaurant that will make your jaw drops to the ground literally when you see the waitresses working there. The only problem is that the place do not have parking spot for 50 cars, or let alone 15 cars since the parking lot tends to fill up all the time hehehe. Also, I don't trust the area so...scratch it out for a meet.

randomharmony said:
WOW!

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been recouping from Sat (I got up @ 8am and didn’t go to bed ‘til 2am) and prepping for an interview on Monday.

I want to thank everyone that came out to this month's meet, IT WAS GRRREAT!!! (We didn't get 50, but about 45 NSXs showed up!!) Also like to thank Hooters for hosting us on this special occasion. Special thanks to VTEC888 for brining up the idea and also bringing out those tables. Also much thanks to Sid for a great drive, Redwood Rd. was FUN!! And to see this many NSXs driving together was AWESOME!!

Even though it turned out a little different than what we planned, but I’m glad to see everyone had a great time and got home safe. Much thanks for the kind words from everyone, even though I don’t think I deserve half of the credit, but I hope we can have more fun stuff for our club in the future.

Thanks again to everyone for the experience, i will post my pic soon. :biggrin:

Last edited:
vtec888 said:
If you think these Hooters are hot, then I know of another restaurant that will make your jaw drops to the ground literally when you see the waitresses working there. The only problem is that the place do not have parking spot for 50 cars, or let alone 15 cars since the parking lot tends to fill up all the time hehehe. Also, I don't trust the area so...scratch it out for a meet.

The Hooter girls that were working were definitely not hot because I went back on Sunday with my family because my wife was craving the wings since I told her how good it was on Saturday. The girls that were working on Sunday were alot better looking and there were more of them too. :eek:

Which place are you thinking of with the great looking waitresses? :confused:

I remembered there is a place called Sonic Burgers that is in Tracy that looked pretty cool as it is a drive in where the waitress will come in roller skates and take your order and you can either eat in your car or there is a very small eating area. Maybe one of these meets we can gather there for lunch and then take a drive to Gerry Johnson's place afterwards. Just a suggestion.

We are all beautiful people.... As for the girls on Saturday, how U doing? (I hope the girls are reading this)

Litespeeds said:
The Hooter girls that were working were definitely not hot because I went back on Sunday with my family because my wife was craving the wings since I told her how good it was on Saturday. The girls that were working on Sunday were alot better looking and there were more of them too. :eek:

Which place are you thinking of with the great looking waitresses? :confused:

I remembered there is a place called Sonic Burgers that is in Tracy that looked pretty cool as it is a drive in where the waitress will come in roller skates and take your order and you can either eat in your car or there is a very small eating area. Maybe one of these meets we can gather there for lunch and then take a drive to Gerry Johnson's place afterwards. Just a suggestion.

Litespeeds said:
I can't wait to see Pat's video that he took when we all pulled out onto Redwood road and drove by him. Who is putting together a video? Should we include clips from each person who would like to contribute what they video taped from the start of the day to the end and compile it together and share it? Who has mad video skills, please step forward and let us know what you need. If we burn what each of us feel is quality footage, would you be able to put together something with background music?

Sid- I have almost finished my very novice attempt at creating a VCD of the Hooter’s meet. I would like to get the footage you captured so I can edit it in. I especially would like to see the footage of you holding the camera outside the window. :eek: Pat's clips would be great too...

Cool pics, great meet, and the drive was excellent!! Thanks to Shane and everyone else that coordinated. Looking forward to the next one :smile:

Hi All,

All I can say is, WOW What a Meet!! So many NSX's and familiar faces that were good to see again. Also a chance to meet a number of the new faces in the area who have chosen a car that will bring them nothing but joy as long as they own it. Being without an NSX now for 4 months I want to thank NonLinear for lending his right seat for the post lunch drive. Also a great job of organizing to RandomHarmony. Way to Go. I have posted some pix of the lunch and parking lot attractions in the Gallery at the following URL.
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=4376

I have been trying to load the video of 27 NSX's rolling down the road onto the site but the upload continues to fail. The file size is rather large (40MB compressed with the DIVX codec) but within my allowable limit according to the gallery info I am receiving. If anybody has some suggestions or can host the file I will do whatever it takes. It is an awesome site.

Since I am currently NSX-less the meet was a great opportunity to check out which color the next NSX I pickup will be. I was pulling for Monte Carlo Blue but my son was saying we would have to get the Imola Orange. Well my wife shows up to take our son home before the drive and has the chance to walk around and pick a color she likes. Well it looks like it's 2 to 1 in favor of the Imola Orange!! What am I going to do??? Well I guess I will just have to put a little more $$$ away before I get the next NSX.

Well once again, Thanks to all who spent time in organizing this lunch and drive. A great job. I will also be getting the DVD together for the next lunch of this meet. I am working the editing now and the transitions and will finish up with some music underneath. Any suggestions for tunes?

Cheers,

Back