• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just a heads-up JH4NA21662T000229

If anyone is looking at: JH4NA21662T000229, Be mindful of the following information I recieved from the dealership:

Thank you for your interest in our Acura NSX. I just went out to take pictures of the car and realized it wasn’t here. My manager has informed me that it is being painted. If you print out the free CARFAX report from our website you will see that it has been in a minor accident. However, it was a small parking lot incident. The car still has all the original panels and there is no frame damage, or we wouldn’t have kept the car in the first place. There are some paint blemishes on the car from the incident, that is why we are painting the whole thing. As soon as the car gets back to the dealership I will take some pictures and send them to you. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about the car.

Ebay link is located here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...ddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380029469923&

And seriously, this is the 2nd or 3rd time someone from a dealership has said the minor damage was from an accident in their parking lot. interesting.

Hmmm. I wouldn't think a minor parking lot incident would show up on a carfax.

I wouldn't think that a minor parking lot inident would require the entire car to be painted either.....

Only with a police report or if the body shop reported it:wink: Car looks kinda seedy in the pictures, needs a serious detailing.

Is that the only way incidents are reported to Carfax? I always thought Carfax paid insurance companies to report incidents to them.

Im sure they do that too:frown:

Should one be weary that this car is from Florida (e.g. Title washed)? I was looking at this exact car on autotrader but my friend warned me to be careful of cars in Florida.

Can anyone shed light on this?
Ravi

There is NO mention of ANY paint on that eBay listing. I would stay VERY VERY far away from this car and dealership.

Buyer beware.

Is that the only way incidents are reported to Carfax? I always thought Carfax paid insurance companies to report incidents to them.

Actually they don't. Insurance companies report to a few other agencies. They don't get paid by anyone. In fact, it costs them money to report to these agencies. It pays for itself in the end though, because they have access to many aspects of accidents.

When I was working in insurance, we used a company that was like CarFax, but on a very much higher level. We could see past accidents, police report info, what insurance companies were involved, their claim numbers, the body shop where it was fixed, dr's they treated with, attorney's they used, TIN's for all of those people and even how much their settlement was, etc....

We ran a search on every single claim that came through, no exceptions. There were countless times where someone was claiming some type of injury and claimed they have never been injured like that before or treated for it before. We'd run the search and find out they were just in a previous accident 2 months before and treating with the same dr for the same injuries. It happened all the time. As you can imagine, we could keep track of previous damages to cars the same way.

Anybody seen this car in person? Interested in how extensive the damage was and how many of the panels are painted. I have a 91 but can't resist!!! Someone help me!!!

I'm not sure, but when I talked to the lady a last month, her response was "we just decided to paint the entire car to make sure everything matched." I'm not suggesting anything... but that is a red flag in my eyes.

Anybody seen this car in person? Interested in how extensive the damage was and how many of the panels are painted. I have a 91 but can't resist!!! Someone help me!!!

I'm not sure, but when I talked to the lady a last month, her response was "we just decided to paint the entire car to make sure everything matched." I'm not suggesting anything... but that is a red flag in my eyes.

Not always. I know a guy who had a black/black 93. He let his neighbor drive it and she slide it into a ditch. All suspension was replaced and all 4 wheels were turned under the car like in back to the future. Only the side skirts were really damaged and there were a few scratches, but he painted the whole car anyway.

^ Like I said, I'm not suggesting anything, but still a potential buyer should have his gaurd up.

Ok, I'm sure we'll agree on this though. If they're going through the trouble of a repaint, why not paint it Imola?:biggrin:

Yes. The car is for sale again. If there is any confusion about the For Sale listing that is currently on this forum, feel free to contact me directly @ 843-997-1285. I will give FULL details to clarify interested parties doubts.

wait a second. LOL

the background in the pics of the car.

there was a LBBP that we all were making fun of as the front wheel touched the driver door.
I will have to look but the house is exactly the same.

will post back when i find it, I smell something.

If I would not have just bought an 05, I would have made an offer to the guy I sold it to. He is 100% in his description and I can attest for the ammount of pride taken in the car while in ownership.
If someone wants to buy my 05 Red/ Black with FULL documentation, I'll take my old car back. If he sells it to a Prime member, they'll be receiving a GREAT car. I will offer any assistance to the next Prime owner :)

only obvious things that i dont like

front bumper has no VIN tag but should be there. description states minor damage but this was more if it was replaced.

missing the drivers side "bumper/stop"

Missing the shock tower cover

missing the a passenger side wheel well clip

BTW can anyone tell me what that ugly thing is attached to the steering wheel?

Back