• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just Got Into a Car Accident... Good Body Shop in LA?

maybe it's not too late... now i'm getting a huge urge to fix up my car. from talking to tom on here and thinking about exterior mods, this is what i came up with:

-keep front oem since i live in ktown (off road course) and fiberglass won't do

-Downforce 2002 Factory Style Side Skirt & Door Panel Kit

-Downforce 02 Style Sports Rear Valence

-Downforce NSX-R DF-R Rear Spoiler

anyone seen this type of mod on a car before (just these 3 listed)? your inputs are much appreciated. thanks~

Don't know if you are still looking for alternative shops but I have my car in now for cosmetic paint work and a bit of bumper repair at Matrix Collision at Pico and La Cienega. I've read very good reviews of them and one of their main guys has done previous work on NSXs. If you are interested at seeing their work in progress on an NSX, send me a PM. I think they are at the wet standing / polishing stage of the paintwork.

Just got off the phone with the body shop. $4300 in parts. They already ordered the parts, all OEM, so I guess I’ll be doing business with them. They seem like they know what they are doing. So these are the new parts I’ll be getting:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
-bumper cover
-valence panel
-front spoiler
-RT side plate
-RT reinforcement cover
-RT fender liner
-RT front extn
-RT Fender
-Opt OEM Fender liner clip
-Rim
-RT side marker lamp
-RT Condenser
-RT Duct
-Shroud
-Floor Pull
-A/C evacuate and recharge R134
<o:p> </o:p>
And for repairs:
-RT side rail assy
-RT Stay AC condenser
-RT inner side rail
If they can’t repair my GT-V’s, then they would have to order a new one. Also, when doing alignment they find that camber toes are messed up, I get new ones.
Oh, I also have a spider web looking crack (about 2 inches in diameter) on the right corner of my rear bumper I wanted fixed, but he’s going to charge $900 to repair and completely repaint the bumper… anyone know a cheaper place or route to go about this?

Attachments

• phot1231.jpg
    phot1231.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 115
maybe it's not too late... now i'm getting a huge urge to fix up my car. from talking to tom on here and thinking about exterior mods, this is what i came up with:

-keep front oem since i live in ktown (off road course) and fiberglass won't do

-Downforce 2002 Factory Style Side Skirt & Door Panel Kit

-Downforce 02 Style Sports Rear Valence

-Downforce NSX-R DF-R Rear Spoiler

anyone seen this type of mod on a car before (just these 3 listed)? your inputs are much appreciated. thanks~

I have the 02 factory style side skirt (Stacy's SS), actual OEM 02 rear valence, and Downforce NSX-R rear spoiler. Here is my build page...go to page 3 for latest pics. The nose is an oem 02 bumper w/ Downforce wide fenders.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95210&highlight=02+update

Go halfway down the page here for more pics. I don't see one of the entire rear end though. I will look around if I have one.

http://andrewmanley.info/

Jeff

Last edited:
wow racer... your car is siiiiick!!!! it came out real nice. i think i should go to downforce to get those things done!

and now, i'm kind of regretting going to this body shop cuz they are sooo by the book. i wanted to have that rear bumper fixed by them exagerating costs to have it done, but they do not want to do those "things" for me... sigh...

and now, i'm kind of regretting going to this body shop cuz they are sooo by the book. i wanted to have that rear bumper fixed by them exagerating costs to have it done, but they do not want to do those "things" for me... sigh...

Having worked in insurance, and knowing how infrequently most places work on NSX's, you should have taken it to the guy everyone recommended. I didn't really read about the damage, but believe me, if they are doing paint work to a major portion of the body and it turns out like crap, it's not going to be as "easy" as just telling him you are not satisified and want it done again. You take a civic to them and if it's not 100% perfect you can live with it, not that way with an NSX if it comes out like crap. There is a reason your agent "makes you all warm and fuzzy" by giving you a line of BS about the repairs being done to your satisfaction at their approved shop, length of time for repair, no additional costs, etc. That is our job, to sell our body shops! We would keep the costs down and know the charges are legitimate if your car goes there. You take it to your place, and we had no idea what was going on with it. Not what insurance companies like. For all the (insurance company recommended) shop knows, you could be a plant to try and get more "things" done than were wrong to see if he was honest. You want extras you need to go to your shop, not theirs.

I'm sure it will come out fine, and be good as new.

wow racer... your car is siiiiick!!!! it came out real nice. i think i should go to downforce to get those things done!

When I had a claim the adjuster offered a $ amount after going over the car. Once I ageed they cut me a check and I went to mvdesignz w the $. Thanks for the props. I have a few other things I want to do. Good luck. Jeff

That's a bunch of BS when they say they won't pay for anything they find additionally. This is nothing more than a scare tactic they use. And it works on most people.

You can take it to anywhere you want. That is your legal right. The body shop you decide to take it to will deal with the insurance directly about any repair. If they find additional repairs, they will do a supplemental. Lookup the CA insurance commissioner website and they have more informaiton on your legal rights.

Especially since this is your own insurance company and you are the policy holder, they have an obligation to make you whole. You can file a complaint with the CA insurance commissioner if they are not holding up their end.

Don't take it to any body shop, take it to one of the ones mentioned. You might be able to talk them into getting you some updated parts that you want.

Insurance work mean jackpot to a body shop. They will be more than happy to take care of you. You can often get them to waive your deductible. They make over 30% on just the parts alone and they bill insurance for every little thing.

yeah F my insurance company. called and emailed my adjuster. bastard still didn't get back to me. oh wellz... next time, def another place. AND! that bodyshop took the messed up rim to their wheel shop and said couldn't fix it cuz its warped. WRONG!

so i went to pick up the rim and took it to Marco at Performance Wheels and he can do it for $80! no prob. no warp either. so, i'm gonna tell the body shop that i'm gonna buy the rim anyways and they are already willing to take $750 out of the deductible. so i come out on top. hope they fix my car clean.

what a day... sigh...

Sorry, I wish I saw this post sooner. I don't really check the Southwest Section too often.

The should have given the body shop for a new rim. A new oem rim cost a lot of money. That works to your benefit. You should be able to work a deal with that body shop and have them payout the money they got for a new rim minus the 25% they normally make on parts. They you take the rim and go fix it yourself.

If your not happy at all, just threaten to file a complaint with the CA Insurance Commissioner. That will get their A$$ moving very fast.

You really have to read through the Commissioner website and understand your rights or else your insurance and body shop will continue to screw you over.

you are right. so after reading what everyone had said to me on this thread, i wrote an email to my adjuster to reiterate what i've understood from him and he didn't write back, but called. i guess he didn't want to have anything in writing. he was now changing his story and saying that i can go to any shop and if there are further damages found, the body shop just needs to report that and will be taken care of. damn... i sort of regret going to this shop and wish i went to somewhere they can do "extra" stuff for me. good thing i'm getting reimbursed for the rim and that's less money i have to pay for deductible. and i hope there isnt a next time either...

and argh... it might be too late to change bodyshop since they already ordered the parts... any way around this? i don't feel comfy with them anymore, and esp with my insurance company

and argh... it might be too late to change bodyshop since they already ordered the parts... any way around this? i don't feel comfy with them anymore, and esp with my insurance company

I would ask the insurance company to contact the bodyshop re you changing your choice in shops. You were not made aware that you had choices in bodyshops. Tell the insurance co you want to go another route and it's their problem the parts were already ordered.

If the parts take 3 weeks to get in, chances are they haven't shipped yet. Just tell them to cancel the order.

I agree with Hapa88. If the parts aren't there physically then I'm sure you can have them cancel the order. The sooner you get to tell them to cancel the better it would be. Goodluck bud!

thanks guys for the support. the shop told me the parts are already in, but i did ask my adjuster if i can change shops. hopefully i'll get some good news tomorrow. if not, i really really hope they do a great job on my car. there were some reviews of this place on yelp and they were all 5 stars, but i read one review on some other site that was recent and it was really bad. named the guy i dealt with, too. the shop is called "precise auto body" on hollywood.

I was at MVDesignz yesterday, he deals with insurance as well. I would call to cancel the bodyshop you are with regardless if parts are in or not. Go where the nsxprimers have been happy or you may regret it. My .02

Jeff

sigh... my car is almost done. they are just waiting for the AC condenser. done with the paint job and everything. they said my car would be done by tuesday or wednesday next week. the guy was saying, it is after all a honda... but i almost choked his ass and told him it's more than just a car to me. bastard. crossing my fingers, hoping it came out perfect.

sigh... my car is almost done. they are just waiting for the AC condenser. done with the paint job and everything. they said my car would be done by tuesday or wednesday next week. the guy was saying, it is after all a honda... but i almost choked his ass and told him it's more than just a car to me. bastard. crossing my fingers, hoping it came out perfect.

Well thats good news! I hope to be back in mine within the next two weeks, and then CRUISE TIME! :)

Sorry to be the negative since the car is almost gonna be done, but to have someone say "it is after all a honda" makes we wonder how much care they put in to the work if they think it's just another honda.

but, on a brighter note I'm glad to know it's almost done! :biggrin:

sigh... i know what u mean... oh well. i'm just hoping for the best.

on a lighter note, i just picked up my messed up rim FIXED from Marco at Perfomance Wheels. I have to say, they did a great job fixing it. I thought i was doomed and needed to order again from Japan, but he got it done. of course, the rim was chipped off pretty good, so he did the best he can to fix it. to the naked eye, you can't tell, but if u feel the part that got damaged, u can sorta feel the little indent. no biggie. i'm happy for $80 a fix.

*update. they are done with the body parts and said the paint came out great. 10 times better than my old paint job. but, as i expected, they found suspension problems and will be replacing the whole suspension system. that's another 3k in parts. looking at the brighter side, i will be having a brand new original suspension system. car would've been ready for pick up yesterday, but they just ordered the parts for susp. hopefully, i'll be driving around again by the end of the week....

*update. they are done with the body parts and said the paint came out great. 10 times better than my old paint job. but, as i expected, they found suspension problems and will be replacing the whole suspension system. that's another 3k in parts. looking at the brighter side, i will be having a brand new original suspension system. car would've been ready for pick up yesterday, but they just ordered the parts for susp. hopefully, i'll be driving around again by the end of the week....

just wondering, will my insurance sky rocket now? i think it's around $10k now in damages...

Back